• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you found anything interesting in your Recycle Box?

I always get excited over the sloppy furniture, but there's been some nice clothes in there too sometimes, funny enough!

Also one time I was using 2 characters, picked stuff up, and noticed it disappeared. It showed up in my recycle bin the next day:ROFLMAO:

352762635_629583322469353_1436008779847850320_n.jpg

I found this rattan vanity after Diana moved out.I love finding sloppy furniture here.I've noticed that the sloppy stuff seems to show up more on certain islands but I'm not sure why.I'm surprised by the amount of decent flooring and wallpaper in the recycle bin.

Some of the stuff you find in there can only be found in the recycling box. The sloppy series, garbage, dirty clothes, the broken radio ect.
Ha Ha, yeah yesterday I found a used firework!
Post automatically merged:

I check everyday as part of my routine of going to the Nook stop. 90% of the time there is just a cardboard box. I know I’ve gotten a decent thing here or there, but not for awhile now. Maybe I need to quit checking so often, lol.

Unfortunately, I have never found any of the neat stuff like the baggy shirts, dirty tank tops, moldy dress, ripped doctor's coats, shattered glasses, torn pants, etc. in my recycling box and have had to purchase them from shop owners here on the forums. Most of the time it's just a ton of cardboard boxes.

I don't recall if I've found any of the Sloppy series furniture in the recycling box in New Horizons, but I know I did find some of them among the lost and found items in the police station in New Leaf at least.

I just keep getting cardboard boxes, clay and stone. Nothing ever good so I just don't even bother checking my recycle box hahah

i don't usually check what's occurin' in the recycle box. i just had a gander though and there's mostly cardboard boxes, though there's also a beach ball and bamboo stopblock

I found so many skeletons (like 8-10) in the recycling the first few months of playing I was starting to wonder if my villagers were ok 😂

i love that there's an internal logic for items that end up in the recycling bins! the presence of rusted parts being that gulliver visited and you didn't help him, the cardboard boxes for move ins and the random items for move outs. i wish there was more exploration of this! or that this box wasn't hidden away inside the town hall. there's so many cool things that could be done with it. but either way, it is fun to look through hehe.

I think the best thing I got out of the recycle box was a kotatsu when Hamphrey moved away. I really wanted one and was never lucky enough to find it in store, so I wanted to buy it off him but he never invited me to his home (and probably wouldn't have sold it even if he did anyway). It was quite the pleasant surprise when it showed up in the box in the end.

Not really ever anything interesting but when my shops are closed and i need tree seeds and i dont have any more in storage i go there very quickly just to try my luck as i have seen them there from time to time

Mine is like, constantly empty. I keep seeing it's supposed to have unique items in it, but it either never does or has repeats.

I haven't found a single noteworthy item in mine, unfortunately. My villagers have a habit of either ditching their crafting workbenches when they move out, or whatever item they have that happens to be the cheapest and most commonly available one. Of course, if I played more I might've had more opportunities to get something at least half decent by now!

I usually forget to check, but I did find a sloppy couch once and it ended up being the perfect couch for the living room I was designing in my home, so that was a nice surprise!

My favourite things to find in the recycle box are materials! 😅 I would always check the recycle box, but it was a bit of a pain to collect things from it and then have them sitting in my pockets. Usually I’d sell them. 💜✨

I really like the trash/sloopy items, my personal favorite is the ripped doctor's coat, is perfect for halloween or just your every day mad scientist 😌

I know I got a white grand piano from the recycle box after Colton moved out. I didn't like Colton and I did like that piano so that was nice for me.

I am always so lazy to check it lol I found one time a sloppy furniture piece I believe?

Back