• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you found anything interesting in your Recycle Box?

Hatori

─── ⋆⋅ ♰ ⋅⋆ ───
Bells
Crescent Moon Glow Wand
Pink Crescent Moon
Blue Crescent Moon
Purple Crescent Moon
White Crescent Moon
White Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
Aurora Sky
So, I tend to take a peek into the Recycle Box in Resident Services from time to time. It usually contains the common items that I see in there all the time: cardboard boxes, flowers, rusted parts, etc.

Just yesterday, I decided to check it again and I see this item in there... I didn't know you could find a high-value item in the Recycle box!
Now I'm wondering: have you ever found anything interesting in YOUR recycle box?

2023061921010800_02cb906ea538a3____by_ningyoutachi_dg0133m-pre.jpg

Some of the stuff you find in there can only be found in the recycling box. The sloppy series, garbage, dirty clothes, the broken radio ect.

I usually forget to check the recycle box. I have found some nice things in there once in awhile. When villagers move out they sometimes leave some of there items in the recycle box.

I forgot to mention that I found a lot of moldy, dirty, and tattered shirts/tanktops/dresses. And I thought it would be funny to gift them to a villager I disliked. I was wrong. They traded them and it spread like a wildfire and all of my villagers looked like slobs.

Just the sloppy series and bundle of recycled paper. I usually sell everything else that isn't material.

usually the most interesting things i find in there are the recycling bin-exclusive clothes and furniture, and sloppy stuff. i don’t mind when i find garbage in there either, since i don’t fish very much and can always use it for crafting. sometimes when a villager moves away, they’ll leave something unorderable or craftable behind; all of my sanrio villagers left sanrio stuff behind, which was nice lol

once i had ruby move away from my island and she left a moon behind and i was just like "what the heck??" bc i didn't think she would leave something like that behind but now i found a place for it on my island and it's beautiful

I found a Jukebox once in the Bin. I always take out the crafting items that I find there.

Anything from the sloppy furniture is always a cool find. I also love the broken glasses (I can't remember their exact name, ha...) but the best thing I ever found in the recycle box was an ant farm and a street organ (can't remember their exact name either, oof.) I love these items so much, they're my favourites along with puppy plushies and mom items, so I was really happy about these, lol.

I usually forget to check the recycle box. I have found some nice things in there once in awhile. When villagers move out they sometimes leave some of there items in the recycle box.
Oh gosh, I didn't know this! That makes sense, Blanche just recently moved out of my island. She has the elaborate kimono stand in her house! So I basically just ended up with her beloved item as she moved out. 🥺 I thought I just hit the recycle box jackpot lol
(Photo of her house interior found online):

House_of_Blanche_NH.jpg

Oh gosh, I didn't know this! That makes sense, Blanche just recently moved out of my island. She has the elaborate kimono stand in her house! So I basically just ended up with her beloved item as she moved out. 🥺 I thought I just hit the recycle box jackpot lol
(Photo of her house interior found online):

House_of_Blanche_NH.jpg
Awe Genji forgot his magical dress xD Cause I found that the day after he left
I like to think it’s a gift from them thanking you for having them on your island. I miss getting the goodbye letters they used to send . So I like to think them leaving something behind is them saying goodbye.

Here's my top 10 list of cool items I found in my box:

1. The cardboard box.
  2. The crafting material known as a cardboard box.
  3. A place to hide your head in shame: the cardboard box.
  4. Need a place to live? The cardboard box has got you covered. Monthly rent rates as low as 50 bells!
  5. I need to send someone a big present. I need to ship it in a cardboard box.
  6. Sometimes my inner child wakes in me and I build up a big, old castle made of the cardboard box.
  7. World Championship Boxing requires me to train up the greatest cardboard box there ever was.
  8. The cardboard box full of IMAGINATION
  9. What the top rank said.
  10. I couldn't think of a proper item, so I'll just say the cardboard box.

Last edited:
I found some really nice things in the recycling bin. An astrology item even appeared a few times. It usually happened when villagers had those items in their house. I would check the bin every day since most of the time, there were some pretty awesome things in there.

Here's my top 10 list of cool items I found in my box:

1. The cardboard box.
  2. The crafting material known as a cardboard box.
  3. A place to hide your head in shame: the cardboard box.
  4. Need a place to live? The cardboard box has got you covered. Monthly rent rates as low as 50 bells!
  5. I need to send someone a big present. I need to ship it in a cardboard box.
  6. Sometimes my inner child wakes in me and I build up a big, old castle made of the cardboard box.
  7. World Championship Boxing requires me to train up the greatest cardboard box there ever was.
  8. The cardboard box full of IMAGINATION
  9. What the top rank said.
  10. I couldn't think of a proper item, so I'll just say the cardboard box.
The Cardboard box usually appears after a villager has moved in and moved out.

Back