• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

have you ever met anyone from tbt in person? 🫂

Aww thank you so much! It means a lot to me. We weren’t in contact for over 4 years, but another friend got us back together again in 2019. Been friends since then and our trip was half a year in the making, we went to Anime Expo in LA - an 11 hour flight for me! 🤣 One of the best things I’ve ever done 🥰 planning to go again next year too!
The more you explain the story the sweeter it gets🙈

I sometimes have dreams about meeting up with a group of users, some I'm familiar with and some I've never seen before, and usually these dreams take place in the middle of wacky, silly and very weird adventures, but most of the time I dream about making that perfect collectible trade with someone lol

I'm very close friends with the absolute angel known as @Foreverfox and while we haven't met in person (not yet at least heehee) we've talked over the phone, played games online together and even shared photos, so she's seen me and I've seen her. I need to conquer my fear of traveling so that I can hopefully chill with her one day 🥰

I know plenty of Canadian members, but from what I know, all of them are in Ontario or Quebec, and I'm just over here chilling on the complete opposite side of the country (y)

Obviously not, considering I joined TBT only two months ago, but I've only seen one comment about someone saying their from Mississippi, where I live, so I likely won't any time soon.

Aww! It sounds like everyone has atleast met a few friendos, i would love to see some of you!! Everyone on here is so kind and welcoming but I havent met anyone just yet! ☺️

I sometimes have dreams about meeting up with a group of users, some I'm familiar with and some I've never seen before, and usually these dreams take place in the middle of wacky, silly and very weird adventures, but most of the time I dream about making that perfect collectible trade with someone lol

I'm very close friends with the absolute angel known as @Foreverfox and while we haven't met in person (not yet at least heehee) we've talked over the phone, played games online together and even shared photos, so she's seen me and I've seen her. I need to conquer my fear of traveling so that I can hopefully chill with her one day 🥰
if you ever come to visit pls let me know, I'd love to chill w you for a while too hehe 💞💞

I haven't, but I'd love to! I have some friends here on TBT that I'd love to meet one day. 💜 However, the closest any TBT member (that I know of, at least) from my area is Ontario and a few North-Eastern US states, so I'd have to travel outside of my province to meet them in-person. ;w;

I have! @Prince_of_Galar I'm @-ing you sorry 🤣
They initially contacted me to trade Amiibo cards and it was going to be a standard by-snail-mail trade, but once we learned how close we lived to each other we decided to just meet up 🤣

Best decision ever! I got to meet them and their lovely wife and we were all able to meet up a few times; they both helped me so much in completing my Amiibo collection, including some very difficult cards 😭 We talked about Animal Crossing and the pain of collecting these dang cards over coffee 🤣
Back when the packs were more scarce we'd also let each other know which Targets got some in stock, how many, and/or if there was a buy limit 😁

I haven't yet, and I'm not entirely sure if I'd be fully comfortable meeting up with anyone. Before you call me anti-social, hear me out:

Meeting someone around my age in real life that loves the series as much as I do is like finding a diamond in the rough. I simply don't know where to start looking that will make me feel comfortable. Meeting up in real life is something I really want to do, but the major roadblock is my social anxiety, especially if it involves women around my age. It doesn't help that I haven't had a deep conversation with anyone that isn't a co-worker (almost all of them at my current job are at least 20 years older than me) or someone in my small (all guy) friend group in over three years. I've also never had a real relationship with a woman, as the furthest I got was "close friend" and even that didn't last very long. I guess the fear I have in initiating is being rejected right away, as well as my mentality of not wanting to "invade" social circles and making others feel uncomfortable. Once I get past the "meeting for the first time" phase, I can talk all day about different things. The problem I need to solve is hurdling over that roadblock I previously mentioned. I've done it successfully here on TBT; I just need to do it in real life.

I'm sort of taking a break from my small friend group and acting as a lone wolf these days outside my job as I think my friends' interests are starting to go separate ways. Some of them are risk-takers when it comes to drinking - a few weeks ago, they went to a bar and I decided to tag along. I didn't like the atmosphere, as the music was way too loud and I couldn't hear anyone talk. Some of the mutual friends got drunk, and I ultimately decided to leave early because my head started to hurt badly from the things going on around me. To be honest, I think that simply going to a quiet coffee shop by myself is the way to go if I want to meet anyone in real life that shares most of my interests. At least I can hear people talk in such places.

Ever since joining TBT, I've been starting to discover more people that share my interests, and even just talking about Animal Crossing in general makes me want to keep coming back. Around the same time, my real-life friends started to become more involved with work, stress, and their own friends whom I don't know. TBT is essentially my escape to still have somewhat of a social life as I continue to figure out how to salvage my real life one. At the moment, I'm just keeping myself busy by remaining mostly committed to my job and earning the paychecks.

tl;dr - I want to meet someone that is a user here on TBT, but I need to get past my social anxiety barrier when it comes to initiating.

Nope and I don’t think I will in the near future hehe! I have a bit of social anxiety and I’m awkward IRL so I chicken out a lot of times when meeting new people. But the main problem I think is that I don‘t live in close proximity to majority of people on TBT so I’m not sure who I’d be meeting 🤔 maybe if anyone from the Philippines wants to grab a cup of coffee someday idk!!

yes!! myself and @SensaiGallade went to the same uni 🥹 however I was quite shy and mentally unwell during first year LOL then covid hit 💀 hopefully we can catch-up again sometime tho 💜

I have been meaning to make plans with friends I’ve known for years but booking time off as an adult friendship group and being free at the same time with enough money is hard to coordinate!!

I think some people at least live in New England like I do, but I still don't think I would find the time to meet someone from this site (or find a way to explain that to my parents). Plus, I don't really think I'd want people to see how I'm like in person lol.

I've met people I talked with online, but no one from TBT yet. All of my previous online meet ups went fairly well, so I'd be up for it if the opportunity was there.

I have met people from other, less international forums but not from TBT. I live in Europe and most users here live in the Americas. If someone (someone who I have at least interacted with / recognise) visited my city I'd (probably) be willing to meet up though! 😂

I met people who I made friends with online, but I don't know if I'll ever meet anyone from the forum, even though I'd love to💖
There are just a few ✨tiny✨ obstacles to overcome:
-I need to find a job with a decent salary🤩
-I have to improve my relationship with myself because otherwise I will never be able to feel at ease with other people💔
-I try to hide my shyness by being outgoing but actually I die inside of embarrassment for everything I say and I have the anxiety that I might say something wrong for the other person⚰️
-I have to improve in English because I can't stand the idea of having a bad pronunciation and not being able to express what I want well (it's already difficult to communicate normally, let alone if you don't know a language well🫠)
-I have to learn to be independent and live my own life, not other people's.

(and as you may have understood, I need to think less and act more lol)

I still have a long way to go

i havent, but i have 1 person i 100% want to meet in the near future, and two friends id like to meet but im not certain it'll happen

Back