Have you been following the Kendrick Lamar / Drake beef?

Gabby

Ancient Member
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Cyan Heart Balloon
Night Sky Scenery
Space Whale Plush
Blue Feather
Have you been following the 🔥BEEF OF THE CENTURY?🔥

I certainly have. The rap world has not quite seen a beef like this is quite a while. I'm enjoying watching the drama from afar while having nothing to do with it personally. That's the best kind of drama. It seems pretty clear that Kendrick slammed Drake in the beef, but I'm curious your opinion. What do you think of the beef?

I haven't paid much attention to the beef, I don't listen to either of them, but I would bet Kendrick Lamar won/is winning.. Drake is a mega creep and I still see him as Jimmy from Degrassi rather than some big time rapper

I know about it, but I haven't followed it. I'll catch up eventually.

I remember once hearing that 'diss tracks are just two grown angry adults writing each other poems'. That always stuck with me.

Beef? What beef? I have no idea what this is and I don't need to know about it because I'm not that into celebrities.

I have been keeping up with some of it. I even listened to some of the poetry they wrote each other. I'm glad Kendrick is winning cause Drake doesn't seem to be a very good person. The news yesterday was going over the rap beef which I thought was funny

I couldn't care less; I barely know who Drake is & I dunno the other one lol, so no.

Last edited:
I didn’t really know until recently because of YouTube, but wow. I don’t usually care about rap but this is wildly entertaining. I’m only really loosely following though, mainly through YouTube.

Last edited:
I have not been following this at all, didn't even know there was something going on until I saw this image and I was very confused (and still am) 😂
Screenshot_20240508_114421_YouTube.jpg

i dont think drake will ever recover from this, kendrick mogged him

1715183828145.png

the way they formatted the wikipedia article like it was from a war kills me though💀 "j cole until april 7th"😭

Vaguely. I’ve mostly seen the memes and heard about how Kendrick said Drake liked underage girls and Drake said something like he’d never been with Millie Bobby Brown? Otherwise I haven’t heard the music and don’t know how it started.

(I paid closer attention to the Nicki Minaj and Megan Thee Stallion beef earlier this year.)

Not really. I’ve heard tidbits of what’s been going on, heard snippets of Kendrick’s diss track and seen a few memes, but I’m not actively following it, nor do I really care about it. I’ve never been all that interested in celebrity drama, and I’m especially not interested in anything involving Drake. I’ve never cared for his music much, and I especially don’t care for him as a person. However, I feel terrible for what happened to his security guard yesterday, and I pray he recovers.

All that being said, I think this lyric from Macklemore’s “Hind’s Hall” sums up my feelings perfectly: “I want a ceasefire, **** a response from Drake.”

Loosely. The beef has been front page on reddit for the past few days, so that’s how I’ve been getting the information. I’m still somewhat confused about the J. Cole joke. Perhaps I should check out that wikipedia page.

Same way I felt during the whole Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial. I just don't care. Drama is stupid. Especially when people try to make some domestic disturbance/violence into some form of media entertainment. I got better things to do.

I don't even know who most of the parties involved are lol. I was under the impression that Kendrick Lamar had a reputation has a more "highbrow" rapper and Drake as more commercial so it's unclear to me why they're feuding.

Child abuse being used for diss tracks does not sit well with me, though. It sounds disrespectful towards anyone suffering from it.

Everything else has just gone completely over my head, it sounds like a bunch of random puerile insults like "I slept with your ex" or whatever? These are grown men and if I were interested in their careers at all, I would have lost all respect for them.

(I strongly suspect a number of celebrity feuds are just manufactured for attention and this is no exception... which is even sadder.)

Nahhhh I'm not one for drama, celebrities or not.

I do watch wrestling though and my friend texted me Shawn Michael's poking fun on the matter on twitter. "I'm offering my services to meditate." 😂

IMG_8758.jpeg

Back