• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Has anyone ever cried over a villager moving?

Yes. When maple moved I cried for two hours. Thats why i got a second copy JUST to get her back.

I cried like heck when stitches moved out in ACWW
He was like my only friend when I was young and in Elementary...During School hours I always played ACWW (at break-time of course) but then one night my Mom caught me playing at 11pm at night and took my DS lite away for 2 weeks as punishment...
When I finally got my DS back I was thrilled
I booted up the game and it zoomed near my house but I noticed something odd...stitches house was missing in the backround...
I just thought it was an error and brought up the Player menu. I then pressed on my character and booted the game up!
I noticed my mailbox full of letters from 'from. Mom' but then I noticed one...'From.Stitches'.
I then opened the letter and It said 'well the day has come...I've finally moved away'
I then shut down my DS Instantly and started to bawl my eyes out ;___; ...after a while I Booted up the DS and ACWW and hoped that he'd come back....he didn't...
I then gathered all the white flowers in my town and put them around the outline of his house
Happily enough when I got ACNL 4 years later I made a new town and he was one of my starters
I still have him to this date and I treat him like a god xD

I cried like heck when stitches moved out in ACWW
He was like my only friend when I was young and in Elementary...During School hours I always played ACWW (at break-time of course) but then one night my Mom caught me playing at 11pm at night and took my DS lite away for 2 weeks as punishment...
When I finally got my DS back I was thrilled
I booted up the game and it zoomed near my house but I noticed something odd...stitches house was missing in the backround...
I just thought it was an error and brought up the Player menu. I then pressed on my character and booted the game up!
I noticed my mailbox full of letters from 'from. Mom' but then I noticed one...'From.Stitches'.
I then opened the letter and It said 'well the day has come...I've finally moved away'
I then shut down my DS Instantly and started to bawl my eyes out ;___; ...after a while I Booted up the DS and ACWW and hoped that he'd come back....he didn't...
I then gathered all the white flowers in my town and put them around the outline of his house
Happily enough when I got ACNL 4 years later I made a new town and he was one of my starters
I still have him to this date and I treat him like a god xD

OMG, that's almost exactly like my experience with Goldie with the whole "only friend" thing going on and I also planted flowers around where Goldie's house used to be in memory of her :)

I can't remember if I did or not at any times during my experience with ACWW. It's likely. I remember Rod was my best friend back then (he lives in my town currently but I have other favorites - like Baabara.) Hamphrey is my number one though, and he moved out in ACNL and I felt my heart snap in half. hg ;dshgio

And the fact that you HAVE to cycle 16 villagers sucks. And I've lost count. :?
I need to go sit on my tree on the town center and write down everybody because the minute the 16th villager leaves my town I'm hunting down Hamphrey one way or another!

Wow. It's really a big thing when a villager you've grown found of moves away, these digital animals really take a place on your heart...

If Rudy happens to move away someday, I guess I'll be desperate to get him back.

:D At least I know that I wasn't the only one who did this
And I also see by your signature that you obtained Goldie too! ^^
Did you also water the flowers everyday? xD
I watered them like everyday for a whole 3-4 months...Like...Every Single day just to live on the stitches legacy xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Totally...Its like having a childhood friend for like years and then all of a sudden...They moved to a whole other place far away
It just really breaks you heart knowing how many hours you've put in to make them happy and *BOOM* they're gone ;___;

Yeah, oh gosh I'm so happy to have her back! And yes, I watered the flowers everyday too xD That little wooden thing that pops up where a house used to be was the equivalent of a grave to me ;_;

Yeah...It made me think of a grave too O_O
XD But It was a special spot to me and I visited it like every day...It brought back so much memories of us...

no, I rarely ever cry, and though villagers I like moving is sad, I don't think I would ever cry over it lol.... your story about Goldie is so cute though!! I guess if I was in the same situation as you as a child I'd probably cry too haha

I cried when I lost Wolfgang, Olivia, and Stitches. Especially Stitches because that's when I decided to restart my town.

I didn't cry but I was pretty miffed and sad when Chief left my WW game, bah. Thanks WW Chief :p

Nah, but it does make me think!

For some reason villagers leaving makes me have to make some sort of reason for them in my head. It's slightly silly but it's fun.

I cried when Maple moved out in Wild World. I loved her so much that I couldn't imagine having a town without her as a villager, so I restarted to get her back in a new town.

I have twice, a long time ago. When I first got my first ever Animal Crossing game, ACWW, I had Goldie the normal dog in my town. I grew attached to her FAST. Every time I passed by her I didn't hesitate to talk to her over and over. She was so kind to me, and I looked up to her as my only best friend since I had none at school. Every day when I logged on to Animal Crossing, the first thing I did was go and try to find her. Talking to her and seeing her sweet face always made my day! But then, one day, I walked into her house and saw nothing but boxes. I had no clue what was going on since it was my first Animal Crossing game. I talked to her and she told me she was moving. I didn't think much of it since I saw the option where I'd say "No, don't go!", and I thought that would make her stay. But it didn't. The next day, tears were streaming down my face as I read her goodbye letter. I was devastated. I would cry myself to sleep every night for a long time. She was my only true friend, and she left me. Nothing was the same in my town anymore. I got my dad to buy me a plushie of her, and I loved that plushie and brought it everywhere with me, but it still wasn't the same since I couldn't hear her kind words again. I was 8 years old when all this happened. Fast forward 6 years later, now I'm happy to have her back with me. But Kyle is my new favorite.

The other time was when I was about 9 years old. I had reset my town in hopes of getting Goldie back, but had no luck. Instead, I got a town with Daisy in it. Daisy was pretty much my other Goldie. She was a normal dog just like her. But even with Daisy, there was still a hole in my heart that only Goldie could fill. But I just made due with Daisy. Daisy was so nice to me, just like Goldie. I considered her my closest friend in my town. I bonded with her very closely just like I did with Goldie. We became such good friends, she gave me her picture and everything. But one day, I was TTing, and I got a letter from Daisy saying that she moved away. Again, tears were streaming down my face, I had lost my other puppy that reminded me of Goldie. I only cried that one time though since I wasn't as torn up as I was over Goldie.

I just want to know I'm not alone here ;_;

This just makes me so sad :'c
A few years ago I cried when Stitches moved out in my Wild World town. He was my favorite villager in the town and I talked to him more than any of the other villagers. Then, the next thing you know, he's ready to move. :( It still makes me sad thinking about how much I loved having him in my town and how bonded we were.

Back