• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Glitches from the Adoption of Villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I have a question:
So i’m seeing that people are saying the repeat villager-invite dialogue is a sign of the glitch. Maybe this is a dumb question, but is it just a sign or CAUSES it? Like if I go to adopt a villager and I don’t even attempt to talk to them again after the initial invite, am I still at risk of getting the “i’ve moved out” issue?

thank you for any help :)

i wanna ask this too, but i adopted a villager recently and i talked to him 3x, the last one he just said he can't wait to move to my town so i guess talking to them doesn't really trigger it. it's more like to find out if it will glitch or not.

So i’m seeing that people are saying the repeat villager-invite dialogue is a sign of the glitch. Maybe this is a dumb question, but is it just a sign or CAUSES it? Like if I go to adopt a villager and I don’t even attempt to talk to them again after the initial invite, am I still at risk of getting the “i’ve moved out” issue?

It’s a sign not the cause. Invited a villager yesterday without really being aware of the glitch, and only ran trough the dialogue once. Still ended up being glitched unfortunately 😕

I got a glitched kiki once (moved out plot thing) and I asked her twice. I didn’t really know what I was doing bc it was my first time trading villagers. However since then I haven’t spoken to the villager once they said they were coming to my island and I’ve had no problems

Oh so all i can do is to just keep on waiting till it is gone? Damn that really sucks dunno why its taking so long for it to be patched

Honestly we don’t know and someone would need to test that for us to be sure. It would involve someone inviting an amibo pushed out villager only once, then doing online play to see if they still glitch. Any volunteers? Haha.
Do we have proof that the 4 day thing is a thing? I've seen people claim that it is but I haven't seen any evidence either.

We have people who claim they got glitched villagers well after the 4 days while in town quarantine so it's quite confusing.
I’m suspect of people who say they still get it after the four day thing, because as far as I’ve seen people doing that have only been TT the four days.
Hi! Just want to drop my full week report from my adopted Marshal.

4/12(Day 0) Adopted Marshal
4/13(Day 1) Marshal is unpacking. No online play made.
4/14(Day 2) to 4/16(Day 3) Marshal is out about town. No online play. 4/16-Velma in boxes.
4/17(Day 4) - Marshal is still doing okay. Have an open plot. Invited someone over but Marshal is still doing okay.
4/18 up to today 4/19 - Marshal is still doing good.

I'm not sure if I am on the safe zone or still need monitoring but I suppose I should avoid online play until this gets patch.
Honestly I think you’re fine. You’ve already had someone come over and if it didn’t trigger then I’d say you’re in the clear. I recently adopted Merengue, have had people over and have gone to other islands and she’s fine. My Beau on the other hand...
Post automatically merged:

Oh so all i can do is to just keep on waiting till it is gone? Damn that really sucks dunno why its taking so long for it to be patched
Well there is a pandemic going on.

I got a glitched kiki once (moved out plot thing) and I asked her twice. I didn’t really know what I was doing bc it was my first time trading villagers. However since then I haven’t spoken to the villager once they said they were coming to my island and I’ve had no problems
Interesting, have you been doing online play though?

It’s a sign not the cause. Invited a villager yesterday without really being aware of the glitch, and only ran trough the dialogue once. Still ended up being glitched unfortunately 😕
Could you explain your glitch please? Did you have someone over after?

would like to know this also^ all the villagers I’ve adopted I’ve never talked to twice and **so far** even if I got to peoples islands and they come to mine there doesn’t seem to be an issue

I’ve had the same experience as both of you! I wasn’t aware of the repeating dialogue before, and so I never spoke to villagers again after they agreed to move in. I’ve adopted 4 different villagers and had no issues, although admittedly I don’t know if amiibos were involved for sure in those trades (except one was for sure an amiibo villager). I have also TT-ed many weeks now and done online play and no problems with any of them. But went to get Lolly today and spoke to her repeatedly and got the looping dialogue for the first time so I asked the seller to force quit..

i wanna ask this too, but i adopted a villager recently and i talked to him 3x, the last one he just said he can't wait to move to my town so i guess talking to them doesn't really trigger it. it's more like to find out if it will glitch or not.

Ah what you guys have experienced is what I’m fearing :( Do you have any more info about your trades?

I’m suspect of people who say they still get it after the four day thing, because as far as I’ve seen people doing that have only been TT the four days.

There are plenty of forum members here who have experienced it, though. Here's just one recent example:

Yeap, that was the dodgy thing that happened that made me worry Marshal was going to glitch, was that I could ask him to move in more than once! Also me visiting someone else didn't cause Marshal to glitch as after he moved in I TT'd extensively, I'd say in terms of days played it was still definitely 1-2 months - I ran around each day to check for bubbles, the villager I was kicking out was extremely stubborn - but since he was fine after I went to pick up Diana that's not what caused the glitch, it was when I had someone over my island to trade!

When I was TT-ing to make space I initially was only TT-ing a day or two at a time and checking for bubbles - since I was scared I would mess Marshal up, but eventually gave up and did the 15 day method since the person I was trading with already had Diana in boxes but I still couldn't make space. So I had lots of time to interact with Marshal and everything was definitely fine up until I had someone visit my island!

There are plenty of forum members here who have experienced it, though. Here's just one recent example:
I’m not sure of your point because that person said they TT after? I was trying to say people who get potentially glitched villagers after have all TT afterwards to try and get rid of the glitch, then they still glitch out once they do something online. I haven’t seen anyone wait for 4 days naturally which is what I’m going to be experimenting with now.

I’m not sure of your point because that person said they TT after? I was trying to say people who get potentially glitched villagers after have all TT afterwards to try and get rid of the glitch, then they still glitch out once they do something online. I haven’t seen anyone wait for 4 days naturally which is what I’m going to be experimenting with now.

I'm not sure I understand your response either because the person I was originally responding to was asking if time traveling 4 days would clear the void, which was what I was asking for evidence of. Unless I misread their post they weren't talking about waiting 4 days real-time, they were asking if you could time travel four days, one day at a time which some people claim clears the void but then we have accounts of other people like the one I quoted above who say otherwise.

I'm not sure I understand your response either because the person I was originally responding to was asking if time traveling 4 days would clear the void, which was what I was asking for evidence of. Unless I misread their post they weren't talking about waiting 4 days real-time, they were asking if you could time travel four days, one day at a time which some people claim clears the void but then we have accounts of other people like the one I quoted above who say otherwise.
Yeh and I was talking about waiting real-time not TT. I haven’t seen anyone doing that. I think the game can to a degree recognise a difference between TT day passing and real time waiting can’t it?

Ah, I see now. I'm not sure... would be interesting to find out!
Sorry if I was being unclear before ^^; but yeh that’s what I’m testing with my glitched Beau (got the option to invite him twice). I’m going to wait for some real days to pass then travel/have people over and see if he still glitches.

Okay, a buyer just experienced the void glitch through a natural moveout. Although I thought this to be impossible and that only camps are glitched. So Lolly decided to leave. I voided her. When the plot was filled again and the villager moved in alright Punchy decided to leave naturally. So we set up a deal and the buyer came to collect him. They TTed 2 days forward only to find out that Lolly had moved in instead of Punchy. Even though it was a natural moveout.

Okay, a buyer just experienced the void glitch through a natural moveout. Although I thought this to be impossible and that only camps are glitched. So Lolly decided to leave. I voided her. When the plot was filled again and the villager moved in alright Punchy decided to leave naturally. So we set up a deal and the buyer came to collect him. They TTed 2 days forward only to find out that Lolly had moved in instead of Punchy. Even though it was a natural moveout.
No there was a problem before where people would pick up a “voided” villager if they had a clear spot, regardless of whether or not they had been pushed out with an amiibo. Nintendo had supposedly fixed that glitch though I guess apparently not :/

It seems the issue is related to online play, as most recent glitch reports have in common that everything was fine with the villagers until someone came to their island to trade. I would advise everyone who has adopted a villager recently to stop online play for a couple of days just to be safe. All we can do is hope this gets patched on the Earth Day patch.

It seems the issue is related to online play, as most recent glitch reports have in common that everything was fine with the villagers until someone came to their island to trade. I would advise everyone who has adopted a villager recently to stop online play for a couple of days just to be safe. All we can do is hope this gets patched on the Earth Day patch.
When does that patch come out please?

This glitch is very confusing, so I have to just ask for some advice.

Today, April 19th, I have Kidd in boxes, being forced out through my Rosie amiibo card. This is the second time I’m doing an Amiibo Swap. On April 12th, I put Barold in boxes to swap out for Hugh. A friend of mine wants to adopt Kidd today, is there a chance they will be getting Barold instead?

Today, April 19th, I have Kidd in boxes, being forced out through my Rosie amiibo card. This is the second time I’m doing an Amiibo Swap. On April 12th, I put Barold in boxes to swap out for Hugh. A friend of mine wants to adopt Kidd today, is there a chance they will be getting Barold instead?
Yes but even more likely is that fact the Kidd they’ll get is glitchy.

Pretty sure the glitch has to do with previously kicking out villagers either with amiibos or with regular campsite visitors. Since you kicked villagers out, I'd say there is a high chance you will glitch someone's game with an "I've moved out" house plot when you visit or host them. I recommend voiding 3 villagers naturally to "clear" your void of broken villagers that you kicked out (since the game seems to keep track of your last 3 villager move-outs) before hosting or visiting people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back