• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Glitch?

Grizzly4Life

Grizzly's Gal
Bells
So recently I have been time traveling as I've pretty much finished the main part of AC new leaf (Getting the perfect town). I jump about two- four days depending on the day, if someone's moving, birthdays etc. I walked into my shopping district and I villager I used to have who left before I started time travelling (about three weeks after they left) is there o____o Has this happened to anyone else? Also please note she went and moved to a friends village who I still visit sometimes (for petitions)

totally common, it happens in everyone's games! they're just there visiting, they dont live in your town anymore.

totally common, it happens in everyone's games! they're just there visiting, they dont live in your town anymore.

So you say, but they Never. Ever. Leave. :eek:

so it's not a glitch? and is it just villagers that used to live there?

No glitch. After you move out your fifth villager, the first one who moved out pops up on your Main Street. After you move out your sixth, your second mover pops up. And so on. They are the only villagers who can appear on the second or third floor of the Emporium, by the way.

Last edited:
oh thanks! although that villagers isn't always there. but I guess it just means anyone I have won't be there ever lol

What happens is, if you happen to move 16 villagers out after the villager you are seeing on Main Street, that villager will no longer appear on Main Street. That means you can adopt them again if you want to. Some people use that to know when they can get someone that they lost, though like you said, they aren't *always* there, so it's not 100% reliable.

Back