• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Gifting fruit

Swiftest_Dreams

Hannah of Starlight
Bells
Pikachu Easter Egg
Dragonscale Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Blue Junimo Easter Egg
Spring Bloom Easter Egg
Green Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Silver Moon Jellyfish
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Gold Moon Jellyfish
I gift my animals wrapped foreign fruit daily in hopes of getting a picture but I’ve had no luck so far :( I just wanted to check that I can get it from doing this as most of the time I get clothes in return. And I know I have high enough friendship with most of them to get a picture

Try giving them something more valuable that you can craft for cheap like iron wall lamp's for example, or something that you know they'll like (pretty sure there's a master list for that somewhere floating around the internet) and your endeavour might bear more fruit (pun intended tbh). Same thing with when doing tasks, if they ask for fruit give them a non-native one, if they ask for furniture or clothing then give them something expensive that they like as I said above, and hopefully you'll be able to get one. I know the chances are around 10%~ (I believe, don't quote me on this) to get a framed photo as a gift, but it has taken some people many weeks to get a certain villager's photo, so hang in there and keep trying!

Iron wall lamps and hanging terrariums are a little demanding with iron nuggets especially if you are going to gift several villagers on a daily basis. So you can always alternate between this and foreign fruits.

Also, since you said you have high friendship with them, try and talk to them 4-5 times. They might ask a favor and they might give you a photo in return. I've gotten few photos as reward from treasure hunts before.

I think once you've reached the point of being able to change their greeting, it's just a random chance to get them in exchange for any gift.

I got photos from all of my first 9 villagers using wrapped fruit, and am working on my tenth.

Since the update, they seem to always give clothing in return rather than money, which they often gave before.

It seems to be taking far longer for my tenth villager to give me their photo, so I wonder if they've changed the way villagers respond to gifts?

I'm starting to wonder whether fruit isn't enough to get their photo anymore?

I think once you reach max friendship the chance of them gifting you the photo is 10%(?). I've just been gifting wrapped hanging terrariums and it's worked pretty well so far (combined with TT-ing of course)

I read somewhere that since the most recent update, they will no longer give you a photo in return for fruit :(

Like others have said gifting them iron wall lamps/hanging terrariums is probably the best way to obtain a villager’s photo.

I’ve been giving my villagers’s lamps mostly for a few months now, and have 13 photos so has worked pretty good for me. It does cost a lot of iron nuggets though.

They no longer give you their picture in exchange for fruit. You can get their picture from doing their request or be randomly gifted it. They can also mail it and you can try this fruit stack trick.

friendtips2.png

I read somewhere that since the most recent update, they will no longer give you a photo in return for fruit :(

Gah really? I hadn't read this! My characters have maxed out their storage with iron wall lamps and hanging terrariums... Don't know what to do now. I've never received a villager photo but have been playing and gifting since day one....

May have to try one of the tricks above!

Try giving them something more valuable that you can craft for cheap like iron wall lamp's for example, or something that you know they'll like (pretty sure there's a master list for that somewhere floating around the internet) and your endeavour might bear more fruit (pun intended tbh). Same thing with when doing tasks, if they ask for fruit give them a non-native one, if they ask for furniture or clothing then give them something expensive that they like as I said above, and hopefully you'll be able to get one. I know the chances are around 10%~ (I believe, don't quote me on this) to get a framed photo as a gift, but it has taken some people many weeks to get a certain villager's photo, so hang in there and keep trying!
Iron wall lamps and hanging terrariums are a little demanding with iron nuggets especially if you are going to gift several villagers on a daily basis. So you can always alternate between this and foreign fruits.

Also, since you said you have high friendship with them, try and talk to them 4-5 times. They might ask a favor and they might give you a photo in return. I've gotten few photos as reward from treasure hunts before.

thank you! Gifted everyone a hanging terrarium today and Lolly gave me her picture! Also got mainly furniture items from everyone else so going to do this moving forward

They no longer give you their picture in exchange for fruit. You can get their picture from doing their request or be randomly gifted it. They can also mail it and you can try this fruit stack trick.

friendtips2.png
I think OP should rename this thread or you should post this info in a new because I did not know about the change in gifting and receiving the photo (no pressure though)! I am giving my villagers all the iron wall lamp today and have received 2 photos already!

Last edited:
I didn't know that fruit can't get you photos anymore. I guess I'll try to get more treasure hunts/ talk to them more.

Aw, no! I’ve been giving fruit the whole time. I had all the pictures on my precious island because of this :(

I didn’t know this! I’m worried about gifting terrariums and wall lamps though in case it damages their houses! 😭

That’s why I haven’t gotten any new photos since the update. Another pointless change to a game mechanic. If they really want us gifting villagers furniture and stuff they should at least fix how villagers display furniture.

I didn’t know this! I’m worried about gifting terrariums and wall lamps though in case it damages their houses! 😭

You can do the fruit stack trick so they are forced to mail you something the next day. You should only do this once they asked you to changed their catchphrase unless you really like getting mail and deleting it.

Back