• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Games that you have a huge sense of Nostalgia for

So many, but from younger to older here are most of them;

Banjo Kazooie/Donkey Kong 64 (used to play these at my friends place all the time, she had a 64 and I had a PS1), Harvest Moon: Back to Nature, the 2nd and 3rd Spyro games (never had the first), Crash Bandicoot Racing, Final Fantasy (my older cousin used to play the originals when they were released on PS1, me and my other cousin used to think we were so cool getting to come over and play with him), Pokemon FireRed and Emerald for the GBA, Smash Bros. Melee, Luigis Mansion, and LoZ: Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting, but I was a kid through the N64/PS1 era through to the Gamecube, so they're mostly from that period.

Ahhh, just remembered my all-time favorite PC game as a kid: Wallaby Jack and the Lost Leonardo.
Unfortunately, it's abandonware, and I have no idea what happened to my copy. :(
I would replay that SO HARD.

Definitely Mischief Makers and the Paper Mario Series. I used to play them all the time. I've always loves everything about Paper Mario, the story is always fantastic (except the newest one). I don't know if many people have heard of Mischief Makers on the N64 though.

I have way too many. I guess that games that left the most memorable impression on me were,
Final Fantasy VI
Banjo Kazooie/Banjo Tooie
Pokemon Stadium 2
The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons (Extremely good Capcom released GBC games)
Earthbound
Star Wars Episode I:Racer (I always love this game, but many people seem to dislike it)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Mario Kart 64

Lots of stuff from the PS2. Damn, it was amazing.

Ratchet and Clank, Kingdom Hearts 2, Jak 2, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, and Tony Hawk Underground 2. Lots of 2's.

Kirby's Air ride. It always had an ominous feeling playing it alone, but with friends, that's when it got real fun. Sadly my disc was scratched and it is real hard finding a new one.

Kirby's Air ride. It always had an ominous feeling playing it alone, but with friends, that's when it got real fun. Sadly my disc was scratched and it is real hard finding a new one.

Oh man, Kirby Air Ride.

That was some of the best multiplayer experience my brother and I had when we were kids.

I feel your pain, trying to find these Gamecube games are hard nowadays.

- - - Post Merge - - -

SUper Mario SUnshine..hugely UNDERRATED Mario game imo, also, some Luigi's Mansion, and maybe a ton of other games I can't think of atm. I suppose Sonic Adventure 2: Battle as well, I'm not sure..

I had a lot of memories with Sunshine, it really doesn't diserve the hate that it gets really (Though some of the levels are really difficult at some parts, and the post game bonus could've been better), it definitely deserves a HD remake sometime soon.

Sonic Adventure 2, I also have a lot of memories with.
Particularly in the Chao Garden, so much fun when I was a kid.

Oh man, Kirby Air Ride.

That was some of the best multiplayer experience my brother and I had when we were kids.

I feel your pain, trying to find these Gamecube games are hard nowadays.

Free roam on city trial was amazing. Me and my brother always jousted with heavy stars. Or tried to get to the very top of the spinning flower on the floating island the fastest. You could invent your own games easily in that game.

The original Sonic the Hedgehog (the one for the Sega Genesis, and the one for the Game Gear), for starters.

Also Tetris...I actually downloaded the original version from the eShop the second I saw it. I believe I saw Sonic in that shop...

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow are definite ones, since Pokemon Blue was the reason I got my first handheld gaming system...and link cables to trade pokemon.
Same with Legend of Zelda; A Link to the Past since it was one of the first SNES games I ever got, and beat the pants off the one for the NES.

Final Fantasy VI, dubbed as "Final Fantasy 3" when I was a kid, was also a huge one. My brother and I spent hours playing that game, collecting all the monster abilities and cataloging them, and trying to figure out how to beat it since we didn't have a guide and there was no IGN or GameFAQs back then.
Final Fantasy VII, as well; I'm not into replaying it now, but it was one of the biggest hits of the original Playstation. I remember a couple of my friends had gotten it early, and let me try it out then; I was sold.

I'll also nominate Super Smash Bros (the N64 one and Melee), mostly because they hold fond memories. The first, memories of button mashing and unlocking characters with my brother. The latter, fond memories of playing it with my best friend before she passed away four years ago.

Also gonna go with Street Fighter and Street Fighter II. I could only play the Atari versions at arcades, but I loved them and used to be good at them. Not so much anymore on the fighting games, though the "stay out of the corner" strategy still applies. XD
There were a couple other Atari side-scroller games; one TMNT game, and one with plane battles I absolutely loved and beat a million times over which I can't remember the name of. >.<

Last edited:
Duck Hunt and Super Mario World 2 or 3 (The first one to have a map system)
No, I'm not that old, I'm 13, I just played those games a ridiculous amount on my dad's NES around the age of 3-5.
Ye, love me some NES. Still play the original Zelda and Megaman II on my 3DS' Virt. Console.
I also have EarthBound on my Wii U, thank you Nintendo! I LOOOOOVE EARTHBOUND! And Mother in general...

Even though it was released in 2008, every time I start up de Blob on the Wii I feel a nostalgic rush. From the awesome soundtrack to the vibrant colors, and just good memories of it in general, I get really sad that there's no possibility of a third one!

Oh yes the early sonic games. i played it so much on computer way back xD

sonic 2 up till sonic adventure 2, unf~ <3 yoshi story is a game that has a pretty big place in my heart as well as the first parasite eve. legend of dragoon is another game i fall in love with every time i play it, and the classic tomb raiders (huge TR fan here).

Sure, all the Sonic adventure and such games were great, but I played them when I was like 9. The real nostalgia is the games from when I was 5-6 xD:

Klonoa 2 (The biggest one)
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Yugioh: Forbidden Memories
Sonic Mega Collection Plus
Crash Team Racing
Scaler
and maybe a few more...

I also have this weird sense of nostalgia for LBP 1, though I played that just a few years back. =o

Last edited:
Oh! And I forgot to mention one of my biggest nostalgia games: Mario Kart for the SNES!

Though, when I replayed it recently, I found it a little dull and too easy. I suppose the difference was that when I was a kid and played it, I played multiplayer (well, as much "multiplayer" as a SNES could get, I mean).

Plus, it was one of the only racing games I was actually good at.

A lot of SNES games will hit me with nostalgia like a brick wall. It feels so good but makes me feel kind of sad about how old I've gotten too.

Back