• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Funny gaming memories?

Drawdler

Profile comments open to water flowers 💐✨
Bells
Switch
4463-2469-1897
Island
Gondwana
White Pansy
White Pansy
Purple Violet
White Violet
Yellow Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
I’ll be sharing an AC-related example but this thread is for all games. Any times you fell for rumors, got scared of something stupid, etc.?

When I was a kid, I used to cheat a lot on ACWW. When they released the 3DS I was scared of getting banned online for cheating on an old DS game so I called and asked customer service wether that could happen lol

Also, I thought the GameCube version of Kameo was released but super rare. Kept calling around looking for it. That was actually how I learned what the GameCube was, because until then I never had a gc game. For those of you who don’t know it was in dev then Microsoft bought Rare and it got moved to XBox and then XBox 360, and a lot of playable characters/designs were scrapped (they showed this stuff in the game guide and even had unlockable bonus clips showing them in the game which is cool).

One time while playing Sonic Heroes, the opposing team spawned off the platform and thus fell to their deaths, ending the team boss fight in under 6 seconds. I'd somehow pressed the retry button at the perfect timing to trigger the glitch. Kid me was laughing at it for a while. xD

There's also how I got to own Kingdom Hearts on the PS2: Mother bought me KH2 first but I could not figure out a tutorial quest in Twilight Town at all. It was magically beyond me. So she returned it in exchange for KH1 the same day.
"Oh...I passed the tutorial!" is basically what happened that day.~ I find it funny to look back on since if I did figure out that quest and progressed more, I don't think I would have understood half of what was going on because KH2 is a sequel (and not entirely a direct one at that).

This is really dumb but hopefully a funny dumb moment. I used to play MapleStory 2D when I was in middle school to high school. My friends liked to play hide n' go seek after hours of grinding.

We had a couple town maps we liked, but the underwater city was the best.
I thought a great place to hide was the stairs which were placed right in front of the entrance/exit of the potion shop. Unfortunately, the hiding spot showed part of my nameplate.

For some reason I decided to commit and I had extra walrus meat (monster drops) in my inventory. I just dropped them all on top of myself and hid in a pile of walrus meat on the stairs.

Then the seeker immediately appears at the stairs and I thought game over until he walks over me to the other door. It was honestly shocking how it worked but I would not recommend to hide yourself in monster drops, it's way too anxiety inducing, lol.

I definitely have fond memories of accidentally finding glitches and hide n seek in games, ac itself was so much funnfor hide n seek! I also just remembered today that when I was a kid, I didn’t really understand what Wi-Fi was and my parents didn’t let me connect my consoles to our Wi-Fi, so I kept trying to guess the passwords for our router and different routers… this was also during the WEP days so I looked really hard for connections with no password, I never really used them though lol.

funny but also kind of sad, my brother and i used to play new leaf together and i frequently visited his town. his favorite villager was aurora (but we just called her penguin) and one day she moved out. my brother was so saddened by this we had a “funeral” for her and we buried her picture on the plot she used to live on.

also we played minecraft pe a lot together, i heard about the herobrine hoax and watched a video of some guy getting chased by him. ofc i believed it because i was 11, one day i was playing in my world and i thought i saw a sign of herobrine (i believe it’s a long 4x4 tunnel going through a mountain but mine wasn’t deep) and i freaked out, i didn’t play for almost a week.

I remember beating the Samba De Amigo racetrack in Sonic and all stars racing transformed (3ds) as Tails, and on the exp screen, Tails and his vehicle were floating in the void. My brain was confused, but I just theorized that he got sent to purgatory for winning lol

When I was playing Super Mario World with my mom (who used to be a gamer and is no longer one) we would be stuck on the castle levels. The funny moment I remember when mom was playing the game and I said "No go back for the powerup" and she was like "no its fine I can manage. Then she dies to an enemy and I was like "You were saying?" and she was like "Okay maybe I need more powerups"

Soo this is a very long one but when I was younger everyone at school was playing Minecraft and back before I was super confident and happy in myself I thought I needed to be like everyone else so I asked my mother to buy me Minecraft for the Wii U! She did and I thought it was the most boring thing in the world. When me and my brother play it its super fun but alone its just boring TO ME in my opinion! Its all okay for us to have different opinions and respect that! Basically I played the minigame mode and didnt understand why people were talking to me (I think I was like 6) and I started talking back to them.... HORRIBLE FOR A CHILD TO TALK TO ADULTS ON MINECRAFT 😭 My parents eventually was wondering why I was talking and found out about it and taught me what happened and why it was wrong. I was so confused but now I understand why it was bad, she also disabled the mics :D

When I was a kid, I used to cheat a lot on ACWW. When they released the 3DS I was scared of getting banned online for cheating on an old DS game so I called and asked customer service wether that could happen lol

This is too good! What did they say?

I vaguely remember making Zipper T Bunny run away from me once because I kept making him turn around. It might have been a dream but I just remember Zipper running away from me panicking and sweating.

I was playing GTA Vice City once and got to a point where I had to follow someone. I think it was Lance but it's been years and I have terrible memory so I could be wrong. Anyway, the dudebro said something like "Follow me!" which I didn't hear and I could see the arrow above his head, pointing at him. Now my english was piss poor back then, so I thought I had to kill him. I shot him in the back and failed the mission. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ My best friend, who was a much better english speaker than I was, was laughing-crying on the floor and said something like "He asked you to follow him and you shot him, WTF!" Pfff.

First time playing Majora's Mask, doing the Bomb Mask Quest. I know that I have to stop the burglar with the bomb bags with my sword, but I am curious to see what else can defeat him.
That's how I found out that if you shoot an arrow at him the bombs explode and literally destroy the burglar completely.
I failed the mission of course but I found it so funny that I didn't care, another point to Majora being the darkest Zelda game (I don't think there's any other game where you can kill a non monster enemy), but also in a way the funniest to me.

One time I was sitting in the living room playing Pokémon X and the TV was on the NASA channel. I was battling an NPC in the Battle Chateau and she sent out Seadra, and almost at the exact time the narrator on TV said "such and such is called a CDRA" pronounced exactly like Seadra! I had a funny psychic feeling for a split second before that happened, but it still shook me XD

Well I've always been not the best player at games and my friends were, so whenever we played Halo and it was like where it was me vs my friend whenever she had to go to the bathroom and pause the game I would unpause it and get in a few hits before she came back. I would also do this with Super Smash Bro 64. I would do just enough to where she wouldn't get suspicious. (oddly though I was very good at Mario Kart and Mario Party)

I like naming the baby in the Legend of Zelda Oracle games “It” because the results of the dialogue saying the name ends up being hilarious. My favorites are, “I hope It grows up to be big and strong!”, “Look! It has grown!”, and “It looks sick....”

Definitely while playing an online game and I notice there's a glitch that no one else has seen. Like recently I was playing Honkai: Star Rail, and during battle I used too many skills in a row, and the entire camera was zoomed out of what was actually going on for a second. :LOL:

Just the other day, I thought my new Stardew Valley save file was bugged, because I couldn't find my dog in the house anywhere. It was late at night, and in Stardew, your pet is supposed to automatically be inside the house after nightfall, either when you return to the farm map, or if you were already outside on the farm before night fell, as soon as you go inside your house. I checked all over, made sure he wasn't behind any furniture or anything, and was legit about to reload the whole day so as not to risk my pet permanently glitching out...

...then the little "Zz" bubble appeared over the bed and I realized he was asleep, completely hidden under the bed covers.

IMG-5627.JPG

IMG-5628.JPG

One time I tried to keep a bear as a pet in BOTW. I got it all the way to my house in Hateno Village before I somehow messed up and this happened..... I was so close....

IMG_6735.jpeg

IMG_6736.jpeg

IMG_6737.jpeg

IMG_6738.jpeg

IMG_6739.jpeg

I think the funniest memories were some things I’ve named Pokémon, and what I named my team on Mystery Dungeon. In Pokémon Emerald, there’s a side challenge where you have to say a “funny word” to make a girl laugh, so I typed every dirty word I could think of. (though none of them worked) More recently, when I first got New Horizons, my battery was dying so I named my island yo, (with a comma!).

I also like making funny Miis. It’s especially fun on MiiTopia to see Reviewbrah as the Dark Lord, Arnold Schwarzenegger fall in love with Mrs. Patmore, and Ben Franklin sing karaoke with Whoopi Goldberg.

Back