• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Food substitues that you love?

i really like tempeh! it's similar to tofu but i find it has a nicer texture. tofu is really good too, i love it marinated in a mix of soy sauce and maple syrup.

One of my preparations for tofu is marinated in soy sauce maple syrup and pineapple juice! Makes a really nice glaze on it and have amazing flavor.

Haha! Ok good! (and I am sure you aren't a dingbat! ;P) Happy hunting! I'll let you know what I think of the spaghetti squash! ^-^

Ty! I appreciate the help, and I hope you enjoy that squash if you try it :>

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm a vegan. Never tried meat before (or cared to), so I can't really say I have any substitutes. I tried a McDonalds vegeterian burger a while ago and it was easily one of the most awful things I've tasted in my life. Pretty much convinced they're deliberately trying to keep people away from making the switch by making the alternatives taste as disgusting as humanly possible.

Quorn do the best vegeterian/vegan stuff, in my opinion.

Good lord, I never knew McDonalds made veggie burgers. But imo, it is McDonalds. I'm sure it would've been worth a try, but I wouldn't expect anything awesome from them :s

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm a pescatarian but since I can't afford seafood every day for ever, even though I would LIKE to, I eat a lot of meat substitutes and I like them all a lot. I really enjoy Morningstar products, I think even though they are the more widely known brand they have the best flavor/texture than the lesser known brands. I also really love Tofurky and I get the smoked lunch meat all the time the texture is a little rubbery if you're not used to it but I actually really enjoy it, I also enjoy their mini "roasts" which is supposed to be like a baked turkey substitute and comes stuffed with a nice stuffing that is really yummy too. I have it for Thanksgiving pretty regularly. I also really like tofu it has a lot of uses because of it's mild flavor you can go sweet or savory with it and it's good either way, I've made a pretty boss mousse with silken tofu and cake mix. I could go on forever, there are a lot of really delicious meat substitutes, and one that I loved even before going vegetarian is Boca burgers. They're really good and easy to make and have really good mouth feel and flavor!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really enjoy Quorn's chicken the best, but they don't carry any of their other products where I live. =[

This sounds great, thank you!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Pretty much my whole diet consists of vegan imitations/substitutes of junk food(living that healthy life); fry's is my favorite brand of imitation meats and things, booja booja chocolate ice cream, daiya & earth balance mac and cheese (although they're not available in my country so I've only had it once, someone please send me some...), chocolate coconut milk, vego choclate bars, vitalife spread, violife cheese,

Ooh I love coconut! I never thought to try chocolate coconut milk. This is gonna be a MUST for me later!

- - - Post Merge - - -

No, its just a local restaurant.

Oh Poo. Lucky >>

- - - Post Merge - - -

i really like tempeh! it's similar to tofu but i find it has a nicer texture. tofu is really good too, i love it marinated in a mix of soy sauce and maple syrup.

Maple syrup sounds like it'd be great with soy sauce. I might have to try this asap. I already have both in my cupboards hehe. Never heard of tempeh before though, so I'll also look into that.

My boyfriend is vegan so I've been choosing to eat vegan most of the time when I go over to his house. I've gotten to LOVE tofu. We cut it into little squares and cook it in the oven and they crisp up and have a chicken texture which is really good in stir fries and the like. :D
I also really love Daiya grated cheese and Earth Island cheese slices. C: We had Daiya mac and cheese yesterday for lunch and it was really nice!
Of course almond milk is one of the best things ever!

I have a ton of food allergies, one of which is an issue with milk/dairy, so I started using almond milk instead of regular milk years ago and I loooove it. I wouldn't go back to regular milk even if I could.

I'm a pescatarian but since I can't afford seafood every day for ever, even though I would LIKE to, I eat a lot of meat substitutes and I like them all a lot. I really enjoy Morningstar products, I think even though they are the more widely known brand they have the best flavor/texture than the lesser known brands. I also really love Tofurky and I get the smoked lunch meat all the time the texture is a little rubbery if you're not used to it but I actually really enjoy it, I also enjoy their mini "roasts" which is supposed to be like a baked turkey substitute and comes stuffed with a nice stuffing that is really yummy too. I have it for Thanksgiving pretty regularly. I also really like tofu it has a lot of uses because of it's mild flavor you can go sweet or savory with it and it's good either way, I've made a pretty boss mousse with silken tofu and cake mix. I could go on forever, there are a lot of really delicious meat substitutes, and one that I loved even before going vegetarian is Boca burgers. They're really good and easy to make and have really good mouth feel and flavor!

Well hello there fellow pescatarian! I feel we are a rare breed, so it is exciting to meet another one! ^-^

Also I LOVE Boca's black bean burger! It is so good! I'm interested in your tofu marinade now too! I usually do a marinade of teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, and garlic, but yours sounds really interesting too! Also, liquid smoke for a barbeque-esque taste is amazing! <3

Back