• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Fire Emblem Fates General Discussion: Filled with Nohrian Scum

Not all voices are bad though, they're more mixed like Awakening. At least so far I think Camilla fits her: https://youtu.be/2YBBDWj9N0c

And is there a better source about the removal of the petting features? I've been seeing people accept it as fact when the only source is Kotaku :/

I feel like the voices are more robot like and forced compared to awakening where it felt natural.

I feel like the voices are more robot like and forced compared to awakening where it felt natural.

Yeah. I saw a 15-miunte gameplay video by GameExplain, and when Queen Mikoto said "You have my gratitude.", it didn't sound as though it had that good emotion put into it, and it was robotic. But for characters like Azura, I think they sound great.

Last edited:
I accidently deleted my whole Awakening save file the other day, and I can't be bothered to start all over again, so I'm really happy Fates is coming out soon ;w;

Last edited:
My thoughts on the voice actors:
Ryoama- Suits him
Hinoka- Stop smoking
Takumi- So manly
Sakura- 30 year old woman trapped in a 16 year old girl's body
Xander- Hit puberty
Camilia- Suits, seductive voice as expected
Leon- Okay
Elise- Doesn't make me want to cut off my ears, good enough
Niles(Zero)- I expected him to sound like a pervert, doesn't fit him
Felicia- There's a reason why Flora's better
Beruka- I get why you're so quiet now, voice suits sakura more
Luna- Yes, just yes
Nishiki(Kaeden)- Attention seeking puppy
Nyx- dear god why

The voice actors arent all bad, but the lack of emotion is what kills it for me.

Last edited:
Not all voices are bad though, they're more mixed like Awakening. At least so far I think Camilla fits her: https://youtu.be/2YBBDWj9N0c

And is there a better source about the removal of the petting features? I've been seeing people accept it as fact when the only source is Kotaku :/

Source is pretty much Kotaku, which is why a lot of subreddits just banned further discussion on Fates (namely censorship) until review copies/it's out.

I've heard Nintendo actually confirmed it after the Kotaku rumor. That's disappointing, I wanted to pet someone. :(

Why does Nyx keep squeaking?
The awakening voices were better but I do really like Camilla's so it's not all bad.

Yeah. They probably locked us out.

I've heard the data's still all in there, you just can't get to it. :(

I wonder why they removed it...

Looking at one of Corrin's grabs from Smash.
QSYpuv9.jpg

Is anyone else reminded of a certain scene?

Is everyone set on which version you'll be getting/playing first?

I'll still go with Hoshido first but not sure if I'll have enough funds to buy Nohr and Invisible Kingdom. Partly want Nohr afterwards for the map variety but IK gives me access to almost all characters so :/

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO SPLIT THE GAME IS

I'm more interested in Hoshido, so I'll probably go with Birthright. Better to go with the easier one first than vice versa.

Back