• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Fire Emblem Fates General Discussion: Filled with Nohrian Scum

I would go with Conquest because of the male and male marriage, but its really hard, and like Maelawni, I had trouble with Awakening on normal, with units getting revived. ;-;

I read your earlier posts so I hope this doesn't seem too random lol.
But you said you would rather play the earlier games than finish Awakening or play Fates?
Man...idk, the earlier games are even more difficult. o_o;
I had a GBA emulator on my phone and I can't remember which one I played, but my units died and since they obviously don't/can't come back, you're at a huge disadvantage the rest of the game if you don't reset, unless you're really THAT super skilled and can continue with less and less units to play w/ lol.
I remember getting the "game over" screen a lot, although it could just be my imagination/false memory haha.
But yeah, I'm surprised you didn't finish Awakening. It was difficult for me but I still managed to finish it because I really wanted to know/see how the plot was gonna unfold.

Exactly. That's why I didn't continue playing Awakening. I accidentally found some spoilers about the story, so I decided to just delete the game. I was actually originally playing it to force myself to stop playing Animal Crossing. I only played it for 3 weeks. lol

I'm not sure if I should get Fates or go with an earlier game. ;-;

Ok I'm interested in fire emblem but have never played a fire emblem game besides the awakening demo, which I really liked. You had to choose, which would you choose for a newcomer? Awakening, Birthright, or Conquest?

- - - Post Merge - - -

image.jpgAlso which game (birthright or conquest) has her in it because she's fineeeee

Ok I'm interested in fire emblem but have never played a fire emblem game besides the awakening demo, which I really liked. You had to choose, which would you choose for a newcomer? Awakening, Birthright, or Conquest?

- - - Post Merge - - -

View attachment 164002Also which game (birthright or conquest) has her in it because she's fineeeee

Awakening was what got me into the franchise in the first place, after finally owning a system to play an FE game myself. If it's your first go, I'd recommend either Awakening or Birthright, since they're easier to get into, but Conquest will have a Casual mode, too.

Rinka/Rinkah up there is from Birthright, and I'm assuming the third path will have her as well.

Last edited:
Awakening was what got me into the franchise in the first place, after finally owning a system to play an FE game myself. If it's your first go, I'd recommend either Awakening or Birthright, since they're easier to get into, but Conquest will have a Casual mode, too.

Rinka/Rinkah up there is from Birthright, and I'm assuming the third path will have her as well.

Looks like I'm getting birthright then :p

Rinka is hella fine.

Camilla's smile just gets to me though (also her hair).
latest

latest

I really hope that booby belt doesn't hurt. It looks like it would chafe. Ouchies.

Awakening, Birthright, or Conquest?

If you REALLY need one of those three, then Conquest. I made a HUGE mistake getting a newer game though. I'd recommend one of the older ones, or else you will never be able to handle the insane difficulty.

Could start with Awakening assuming you plan on playing the rest. It's fairly easy for a newcomer to pick up and since it's the earliest of the three, there's no getting used to playing without certain features that were in fates.

Rinka is hella fine.

Camilla's smile just gets to me though (also her hair).
latest

latest

I really hope that booby belt doesn't hurt. It looks like it would chafe. Ouchies.

She does have really nice hair, and jeez yea the belt does look really uncomfortable

Like, it would look sexier without the belt, AND I can't see what the practical use for it is right now, so what's the point of it? Either way it doesn't seem to work. Whoever designed that armor has some issues (and the designer of the armor is not Kozaki, he designs the characters themselves, not the armor).

Like, it would look sexier without the belt, AND I can't see what the practical use for it is right now, so what's the point of it? Either way it doesn't seem to work. Whoever designed that armor has some issues (and the designer of the armor is not Kozaki, he designs the characters themselves, not the armor).

Without the belt it would look too risque with how big her boobs are. They probably added belts to avoid that while still making her look erotic (It kinda reminds me of the Vampire job class in Bravely Default)

I think she could still look sexy though even with a full armor. Her character, movement, and body shape are already giving off that vibe. They just have to make it obvious :/

I'm at least glad they also showed manboobs for the Hoshido dudes. I'm surprised there are more manboobs showing than there are boobs.

Well, if they wanted to make it less erotic, they could have just made the breast plates a bit bigger. It's possible to do that without even hiding any cleavage. Besides, this exists in the same game:

latest

Also this, for big breasted example:

latest

Last edited:
I noticed Japanese character designer tends to show boobs on women even when they're wearing a full body armor. Either boobs, or thighs. Especially when the character has big boobs.

Also, oddly Tharja is known for her figure yet I don't think we ever see her chest on front, she was covering it up on her sprite and her swimsuit CG showed her figure from the back. The mage/sorcerer clothes happens to be perfect for fanservice, with enough being covered and the material.

...I sound like a pervert, but as someone who's familiar with Japan's way of fanservice, it's an interesting thing to discuss for me.

And what do you mean by showing Nyx exactly? O:

Even though Nyx has a small chest, her outfit has no belt, and it has top boob, middle of boob, and under boob, lmao. If the belt is about covering Camilla's chest, then there were other better ways of doing it, but they don't even bother with other characters. Maybe it's the size difference, but it's still a bit silly, and a bit funny.

Shoot now I'm really excited for fates I'm gonna buy birthright the weekend it comes out. I hope I like it as it will be my first fire emblem game.

P.s. will I be able to marry rinkah

You can! As long as you play as a boy.

I want to marry Camilla, but I don't play as a boy, so I won't be able to. haha.~ ;;

I'll be playing as a boy seeing as I am one lol

And yessssss I can marry rinkah.

And if I get conquest sometime I'll prob marry Camilla because she's the one I like best from nohr.

Why does it have to come out in two weeks? I can barely wait now lol.

Me too!

I pre-ordered the special bundle that comes with all three paths, and the Special Edition Fates 3DS.

I am going to have no life.

I noticed Japanese character designer tends to show boobs on women even when they're wearing a full body armor. Either boobs, or thighs. Especially when the character has big boobs.

Also, oddly Tharja is known for her figure yet I don't think we ever see her chest on front, she was covering it up on her sprite and her swimsuit CG showed her figure from the back. The mage/sorcerer clothes happens to be perfect for fanservice, with enough being covered and the material.

...I sound like a pervert, but as someone who's familiar with Japan's way of fanservice, it's an interesting thing to discuss for me.

And what do you mean by showing Nyx exactly? O:
Don't let Fates' character designs misguide you. Intelligent Systems had pride at one point that they have since thrown away for the sake of pandering to horny teenagers.

An example: titania2.jpg

Spongebob said:
Shoot now I'm really excited for fates I'm gonna buy birthright the weekend it comes out. I hope I like it as it will be my first fire emblem game.
It's not going to represent the series very well. Every game before Fates had weapon durability. Weapons would get worn out and break after so many uses and you'd need to buy replacements with gold you earn.

Birthright is also, like Awakening, very straightforward and not the least bit complex. As in, there aren't varied mission objectives. In past games, and in Conquest, there are objectives like Defend where you need to defend against waves of enemies for a set number of turns. There were also things like Escape where you need to run to a certain spot to leave the map, and Seize where your Lord character needs to seize a throne or other specific space to end the map. Awakening and Birthright are just kill everything (rout) and defeat the boss.

I encourage you to either try one of the older games or pick up Conquest (once we have more to go on than word of mouth from people who played the Japanese version) at some point if you want an actual idea of what to expect.

There are difficulty settings, so you can ease your way into learning. But if you don't learn how to strategize, you'll never improve.

Me too!

I pre-ordered the special bundle that comes with all three paths, and the Special Edition Fates 3DS.

I am going to have no life.

I'm just finding out about the special edition and really regret not getting into fire emblem sooner! I could've preordered the special edition :(

Back