• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Fire Emblem Fates General Discussion: Filled with Nohrian Scum

Yeah, it does seem to be a GameStop issue. Any time there are significant changes to orders, Amazon notifies me, and I've heard nothing from them in terms of cancellations.

Man I haven't gotten the chance to pre-order the game but I was on the verge of doing so. I hadn't realize that some got cancelled, sorry to anybody who's got cancelled. I hope they provide a refund.

Also, this is only gamestop correct? Just want to make sure.
You can still pre-order one of the games separately, then purchase the other routes/paths as DLC via eShop. Just can't pre-order the special edition anymore.

Looks like North America is getting a special New 3DS XL for Fire Emblem: Fates. It's as much as your regular New 3DS XL model, but there's no game included unfortunately.

Also, the price of Map Pack 1 DLC bundle is set to $17.99 USD / CA$22.49, which contains 11 maps in total.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...3ds_xl_model_confirmed_along_with_dlc_details

I heard tell of a map pack but at the time that was all I could find about it and I figured it was too vague to bother with (a "map pack" could be anything). :x Now I wish I'd just gone and paid ahead.

Last edited:
I've been wanting a mostly white N3DS XL to come out, and now there's a Fates-related one and I'm too broke to get it off the bat. Drat and darn.

S>Soul.

I was actually going to try running a special on my commissions but it looks like the pre-orders through the GameStop website already sold out. Yay.

Ugh, I really hope Canada will get another run for the Special Edition, because I'm really disappointed that I missed out... But it's too close to release so I doubt they'll ever release more pre-orders.

Last edited:
Ugh, I really hope Canada will get another run for the Special Edition, because I'm really disappointed that I missed out... But it's too close to release so I doubt they'll ever release more pre-orders.

Well, the Fates 3DS releases on the same day, and they released pre-orders just yesterday. Don't lose hope. ;; Maybe crazy shenanigans will happen.

in other news i'm trading in my new 3ds XL so i can afford all fates games and its respective 3ds

I'm actually pretty glad they changed it. Of course, I wouldn't play as M!Corrin in the first place, and if I did, Soleil wouldn't be the wife of choice, but just knowing how far into date rape-y territory that conversation got made me extremely uncomfortable.

A lot of people cry censorship, but Corrin is supposed to be the good guy. Hard to cheer for someone who's fine with slipping something into a girl's drink to warp her perception of reality. It's like when people got really offended about the censorship of Lin in Xenoblade Chronicles X. That girl is 13, she doesn't need to be showing as much skin as the adults, IMO. Japan can still be pretty pandering and irresponsible when it comes to their media, but people are so used to this lack of responsibility that removing it causes outrage with some people. Maybe if their support conversation addressed her issue better, or the own issue it causes better, but that was 100% a conversation I can do without.

As long as they still let her like girls, I'm fine with the change. The LGBT community needs some representation too.

I'm actually pretty glad they changed it. Of course, I wouldn't play as M!Corrin in the first place, and if I did, Soleil wouldn't be the wife of choice, but just knowing how far into date rape-y territory that conversation got made me extremely uncomfortable.

A lot of people cry censorship, but Corrin is supposed to be the good guy. Hard to cheer for someone who's fine with slipping something into a girl's drink to warp her perception of reality. It's like when people got really offended about the censorship of Lin in Xenoblade Chronicles X. That girl is 13, she doesn't need to be showing as much skin as the adults, IMO. Japan can still be pretty pandering and irresponsible when it comes to their media, but people are so used to this lack of responsibility that removing it causes outrage with some people. Maybe if their support conversation addressed her issue better, or the own issue it causes better, but that was 100% a conversation I can do without.

As long as they still let her like girls, I'm fine with the change. The LGBT community needs some representation too.

This is so true. Showing Corrin drugging Soleil is totally going against the reason why they put same-sex marriage in the game in the first place. And honestly, what's so bad about censorship? It's a game, people. Stop being so sensitive about covering up cleavage or change of dialogue. I too, am glad about the censoring of this scene. The Japanese version just seemed so insensitive.

Ninentdo says this: “In the version of the game that ships in the U.S. and Europe, there is no expression which might be considered as gay conversion or drugging that occurs between characters.”

I think both of the things mentioned - gay conversion ("correction") and drugging - are inherently negative and anyone who wanted to see them remain ingame in the english translation is, without a doubt, a person I would rather not associate with. If someone can't see the problem with that sort of content, they're a lost cause as far as I'm concerned.

Some things NEED to be censored. That god-awful support was one of them and I'm happy Nintendo decided to address it in localization. If they had left it as-is, I would have been extremely uncomfortable. Good on Nintendo for acknowledging that yes, that whole scenario with Soleil was super ****ed up, and needed to be changed. I'm disheartened and upset that it existed in its original form in the first place but so, so happy that it's being fixed.

Ninentdo says this: “In the version of the game that ships in the U.S. and Europe, there is no expression which might be considered as gay conversion or drugging that occurs between characters.”

I think both of the things mentioned - gay conversion ("correction") and drugging - are inherently negative and anyone who wanted to see them remain ingame in the english translation is, without a doubt, a person I would rather not associate with. If someone can't see the problem with that sort of content, they're a lost cause as far as I'm concerned.

Some things NEED to be censored. That god-awful support was one of them and I'm happy Nintendo decided to address it in localization. If they had left it as-is, I would have been extremely uncomfortable. Good on Nintendo for acknowledging that yes, that whole scenario with Soleil was super ****ed up, and needed to be changed. I'm disheartened and upset that it existed in its original form in the first place but so, so happy that it's being fixed.

100% agree with you. But yeah, I'm confused as to why Nintendo felt the need to put that in the Japanese version.

I agree. I tend to avoid comments sections on articles that address issues like this, because some people start to seem downright creepy with how adamant they are that some things are fine. Japan is a lot less conscious about rights for the LGBT community. Gay partnerships are legal there, but not gay marriage. They took a step in the right direction with allowing a homosexual support in each game, but they may not address the issue of gay "correction" in a sensitive enough way, especially depending on the ages of people working in the studio. Some people just have more conservative views.

From what I understand, Soleil doesn't find men to be unacceptable romantic partners (in her support with another character, at least), she just prefers girls, so the creepyness of the situation could have been avoided by:

1. Having Corrin explain what he was going to do ahead of time. Slipping things into someone's drink is pretty shady, even in a fantasy setting.
2. Reiterate that she doesn't JUST like girls, and having her appreciate M!Corrin for trying to help her talk to girls, which is what she's been having trouble with, and making it clear that she doesn't just like him because at one point he looked like a girl or something.

Back