Finally got my hands on the OLED Switch

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
I said I wasn't going to buy one, because my old Switch is fine (and it is) but I couldn't resist checking Best Buy's website today and low and behold, they had the black and white Joy-Con one in stock randomly so I snatched it up and now I'm 350 dollars in Best Buy debt. XD

I also bought this travel case since I like to take my Switch to work

20220317_182122_HDR.jpg

Also bought a screen protector. Now I'm likely going to spend all night trying to figure out how to transfer everything over (could just contact Nintendo lol)

Alright I managed to switch my game data over. It worked. I was worried I was going to mess something up lol.

Last edited:
Awesome! I was in the same position as you, told myself I wasn’t going to buy an OLED but saw Best Buy had one in stock and jumped on it lol. I definitely don’t regret it at all, I think it was one of my best purchases of 2021 actually! I hope you enjoy it! :)

ooh, nice! congrats on finding one + successfully transferring everything over to it! your new travel case is super cute, too. 😊

Thank you both. And yes I am very happy with it. My aunt tried to make me feel bad about buying it but I tuned her out because she's toxic.

It's crazy how much bigger the screen is. Very noticable.

Congrats!

I got a regular Switch when my Lite broke and yeah I love the bigger screen on it. And yeah they made transfer super easy with just basic things it seems, a friend of mine told me ghost stories about losing stuff but I was just ?? lol I just had to download some stuff like Sword DLC and Splatoon 2 etc. I think NH could still be tricky, but yeah.

I have to ask this question. Is it any better than the old Switch Model from 2017 (back when the Switch first released?)

I have to ask this question. Is it any better than the old Switch Model from 2017 (back when the Switch first released?)

In terms of screen and battery, yes definitely. If you play in docked mode all the time, you wouldn't notice the difference.

My older Switch is the one from 2017 and I noticed the difference right away. Even my non gamer family members noticed the difference.

In terms of screen and battery, yes definitely. If you play in docked mode all the time, you wouldn't notice the difference.

My older Switch is the one from 2017 and I noticed the difference right away. Even my non gamer family members noticed the difference.
I figured as much.

Back