Festivale: the worst of ACNL!

the furniture is OK, Pave does not bother me.

Despite that last year's feastival drove me crazy because it took all day to get one complete set.
This day alone lead to me disliking paper, rock, scissors (which I lost a lot)

sure it started as fun however it quickly became the following

1) get 3 feathers of the correct color
2) get an item I already have
3) have the color change to something I don't have
4) repeat process

I'm not collecting feathers this year, I just don't see any reason to.

friendly tip: keep the color feathers you need in your letters so you can't lose them because with made ya look and paper rock scissors being based on chance you will lose at some point. also good luck, you'll need it.

friendly tip: keep the color feathers you need in your letters so you can't lose them because with made ya look and paper rock scissors being based on chance you will lose at some point. also good luck, you'll need it.

That seems a little complicated. Not to mention a huge waste of paper! Before I entered a villager's house I would just drop the feathers I couldn't risk losing on the ground.

Festivale is actually one of my favorite holidays. It's been a while, so I can't really remember it all that well, but from what I do remember, the music is cute, collecting the feathers is actually pretty fun, and I at least sort of like Pav?'s design (although I don't think I liked his personality).

The furniture isn't great, but at least you can make some money off of it, seeing as it sells for 12k a piece.

I missed the Festivale last year! So I don't really mind if the furniture is terrible or Pav? him self is really annoying:) I'm just going to see if I like the whole concept and have a bit of a fun change in my game. A dancing peacock doesn't come to town everyday!

Pave is the best part about the Festivale honestly, that holiday's fun and all, but...meh..

Also, I have no idea why Pave has the voice of a peppy villager.

the furniture is OK, Pave does not bother me.

Despite that last year's feastival drove me crazy because it took all day to get one complete set.
This day alone lead to me disliking paper, rock, scissors (which I lost a lot)

sure it started as fun however it quickly became the following

1) get 3 feathers of the correct color
2) get an item I already have
3) have the color change to something I don't have
4) repeat process

I'm not collecting feathers this year, I just don't see any reason to.

Bold: ...is it going to be perfect?

Underlined: ...

Anyways... It's only fair that I used to have fun...

Now for a little headcanon:

Pit used to think Festivale was he ULTIMATE sacrifice holiday. The contestants would dress in fancy getup, and participate in various events. The winner was announced at sunset, with an EXTREMELY flamboyantly dressed Isabelle, handing feathers in this order:

White for the losers.
Red for 7th place.
Orange for 6th place.
Yellow for 5th place.
Green for 4th place.
Blue for 3rd place.
Purple for 2nd place.
Rainbow for 1st place.

Then, Isabelle would light a fire for the Rainbow Feather to be lit over, which triggered a special scene involving Pave. The rest of the contestants were gone, and replaced with small boxes with which they were associated with. The incorrect choice would lead to the loss of your best in-game friend, while the right box would lead to the eventual demise of your worst enemy. This meant a sacrifice to a large pot of metal that has been melted. The fireproof string would lower the unlucky victim, whilst everyone would dance. Whoever was sacrificed would never appear in campsites or the Roost, but you could still meet whoever was lost to the lava pot in a Dream town. Unless YOU happened to be the victim, in which case your WHOLE save file would be overwritten forever, and you had to start over from scratch...

This was until he realized it was a holiday about getting feathers for Pave, playing games, and listening to salsa. And instead of the kindly old ghost in his headcanon, Pave was aggressively salsa peacock.

I don't think there is any hype with the Festivale... Considering furniture, and work put into it, it is the same as the Harvest Festival, Halloween and Bunny Day (except I find the Egg Series quite cute).

And, the point is not to complete the entire series in a single day. If you decide to do so, you are pretty much setting up yourself for a) failure b) frustration

Pav? is my pal. Let's sambar till dawn~

I've never actually experienced Festivale in New Leaf before. I misplaced my game for a whole year and missed everything that happens after September. I lost the game for like exactly 12 months so I picked up basically when I had lost the game. I have no idea what Festivale is really like so I don't have an opinion yet.

I had Festivale last month because I'm currently playing a month ahead. I'm still in my first year of NL and everyone I've talked to has raved about Festivale. You know what? I didn't like it! The furniture, IMO, is ugly. And Pav? is annoying and hideous! :p

Tell me why you like Festivale, if you do, because I just don't understand the hype. :confused:

Yeah I don't like the set too much either imo.. the feather are pretty but that's it lol

I haven't experienced Festivale before, but I think it's gonna be fun! I think the Pav? series is quite OK, also.

Awh come on, how can you not love the villagers dancing around and the feathers blowin' in the wind.

Festivale on ACNL isn't as terrible as some of you guys are imagining, gameplay-wise. I'm pretty sure that most of you haven't played Animal Crossing: City Folk during February/March. Festivale in this one is the most annoying holiday in the entire game! It has you participating with villagers for dialog-based games that heavily involve luck with little strategy, hoping you get the right colored candies that Pav? asked. Lose at the minigame, and you'll have to hand out a candy (of whatever item you had in your pockets if you don't have any candy). Unfortunately, he also happens to give you duplicate items as well to further drag out the already tedious holiday as long as you're trying to grab every single thing from him.

In ACNL, you're not forced to talk with a villager to get or trade feathers. You can pretty much just roam around and catch as many feathers as you can. It might sounds dull, but it usually doesn't drag as long as City Folk does, especially when you have friends doing the same thing as you and cooperate with everyone.

I like the Festivale, but most definitely not the furniture. I just sell all the furniture at Re-Tail for big bells, lol. I think it's fun and cute though.

Last edited:
Back