• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Favourite Maps?

jeido

Bells
There's a chart here showing all of the different maps/river placements a town can have, which I think is pretty cool.

In my town I have map B1 from the upper middle chart. I'm in a love/hate relationship with it, stylistically I think it's a cool design but it's super inconvenient! If I could go back and choose for this town I'd probably pick one of the rivers that hugs the side of the map. I think I'll go for A1 when I get my second copy.

What are your favourite maps, and why?

I like maps with no "dead spaces" caused by weird river placement and 1 pond. It gives the most possible space for town development.

Yep, any maps with 1 pond are great. I personally like my town hall, train station, and retail to be fairly close to eachother.

That one's pretty nifty.

I hate that all the ones with tons of turns, which can be really cool looking and cool to place things in the inner corners, take up more physical space than a lot of the blander ones. I'd love to see how some of the relatively flat-rivered towns can transform into being developed - like D6 in either of the middle charts.

My map is similar to A3 and has one pond. It is not too bad.
But my favourite maps are B3, C3, B4, A2... lol ones that look like it has a lot of usable space.

I really like B5 in the middle column. I remember seeing a map like that with the town plaza in the middle where the river dips while resetting and thought that was pretty nice.

I have map C4 in the bottom right corner. I personally don't care what my map looks like as far the land goes, I like being able to try different things in spaces until I find something I like. The only thing I really care about on a map is where Town Hall and Re-Tail are - I prefer them kinda close to the station.

My map:
HNI_0030.JPG

Last edited:
I have D6 from the bottom left set.
10590551_10152588967147370_154116854840888234_n.jpg

It doesn't give a lot of open spaces, but I like that. Really, I don't think there's a single "bad" map. A map is what you make of it.

That one's pretty nifty.

I hate that all the ones with tons of turns, which can be really cool looking and cool to place things in the inner corners, take up more physical space than a lot of the blander ones. I'd love to see how some of the relatively flat-rivered towns can transform into being developed - like D6 in either of the middle charts.

My town is D6 from the bottom middle chart :)

How on earth do you get a screenshot of your map?

You go to Town Hall and sit in the Mayor's chair, select PWP's when Isabelle asks you what you want to do and then select to demolish a project and a map will pop up on the upper screen. Hope this helps :)

Mine's B4 On the third map up top. I wish I had picked a different map, because mine has 3 ponds and 8 rocks. At the time I didn't really care about landscaping so it didn't bother me, but lately they've become a bit of a challenge to work around.

I don't really have a specific favorite map... But in general, I like maps that have a vertical waterfall, and one long beach with a tiny little mini beach that can only be accessed by wetsuit. :)

My favourite map is D6 from the bottom left chart. I love its symmetry and I especially love it with the plaza in the centre.

Back