• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Favourite Island Beetle

Stella-Io

Unhindered Dreamer
Bells
Festival Lantern
Plum Blossom
Fortune Cookie
Night Sky Scenery
Snowstorm Scenery
Playful Scenery
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Stitches
Friday the 13th Candy
Eerie Star Potion
Even thou the title days island, they can be found in town as well.

My fav beetles has always been the Hercules and Rainbow Stag, even back in the WW days. I don't know why, I just like how they look, even thou they aren't the most top earning bells beetles.

So which beetles are your favourite? Anything from the palm tree to regular tree beetles.

The Golden Stag.

Basically all of the palm tree beetles because you can get them to get more bells not only at Re-Tail, but when your camper at the campsite is a lazy villager, you can get more bells from them than you can at Re-Tail.

If the villager wants to eat something reddish, go for cherries or strawberry. If they want to eat something not red, go for a pear or orange. If they want to eat something round, go for a Peach or Orange. Bite Sized you choose Cherries. And if they wanna eat something long, it’s a banana.

I learned this from a thread years back.

I like the Cyclommatus Stag. In addition to looking cool, it's probably the most forgiving beetle in terms of not flying away if you aren't already sneaking when you get onto the same screen as it, and it sells for a decent amount, considering.

ohhhh i love this thread, i love bugs in real life and beetles are one of my favourite species, they're all so cute in the games too.

my favourite beetle (along with one of my all-time favourite bugs in general) is definitely the goliath beetle! i love their colours, their patterns on their shells, and just how enormous they are.

Qew0q31.png

While in real life, I'm scared of anything that moves, I'm still very fascinated by bugs and learning about them!
I do like the beetles due to how much you can get off of them. However, I'm thinking Rainbow Stag as my favorite, as I love the name and aesthetic of it.

I love the rainbow stag and the scarab beetle!! they come in such nice shapes and i like the way they look in my inventory? oh oh and the tiger beetle is cool too!! it's kinda hard for me to catch but it's fun watching them hop away when you fail to catch them?

also, not a beetle but i love the walking leaf? nice shade of green and very cute

I like golden stags for their price, but appearance wise I find the Goliath beetle fairly intruiging, I'm not sure why lol

I like the rainbow stag and the jewel beetle at least! Both are really neat-looking, especially the jewel beetle with all its colors.

I like the rainbow stag and horned hercules too. Both can be really difficult to catch, which in turn, makes it really fun to go bug catching. I also like the scarab beetle too because whenever I'm trying to find one, they don't show up till the very last minute. XD

The ones that don't fly away. u_u

This was so me in the early days of NL. But over time I perfected the craft of bug catching, so now they very very very rarely fly away. I'd say never but when I went last night, I accidentally scared off a Goliath because I was too close.

This was so me in the early days of NL. But over time I perfected the craft of bug catching, so now they very very very rarely fly away. I'd say never but when I went last night, I accidentally scared off a Goliath because I was too close.

I'm really impatient when I catch beetles lol. u_u

I'm partial to the rainbow stag and horned Hercules myself, but I also think the Cyclommatus stag is neat looking too.

For the money, I like the Golden Stag, of course. But for their appearance, I really like the Goliath Beetle, Giant Stag, and Rainbow Stag. I think all three of those have lovely colors.

Golden Stag and the rainbow beetle. cant forget the cyclomantus did i do a typo? stag! I like the pincers on that bug

Horned Hercules! I love the way it looks appearnce wise and for how much it sells for!

Back