• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

favourite 2023 halloween backdrop? 🎪🎃

which is your favourite 2023 halloween backdrop?

• astral arcana 🌟

Votes: 38 64.4%
  • cryptic canopy 🎪

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • i like them both equally!

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters
I love Halloween maximalism so cryptic canopy is right up my alley.
Firesquids you put it great. I never knew how to voice the kind of Halloween that I like outside of Classic, maybe 50s-60s styles, but Maximalism... thats PERFECT.

Yall can tell what my favorite is right? Also I ADORE how both look on mobile, especially Cryptic Canopy.

The astral one is my favourite, although I don't think I'll buy either this year to save some bells.
If I was to buy one however, I might go for the cryptic canopy as it matches my colours this year better!

I got both, then finally decided to settle on astral arcana. Mostly because it shows up on mobile, lol. But it also seems to go better with my avatar etc...

I like the Astral one much better. It is aesthetically pleasing to look at and also feels more appropriate for Halloween.

Unfortunately I don't usually buy backdrops because they're only temporary, but I gotta go with Astral Arcana for the poll!

i might regret it later, but i caved and bought astral arcana 😭 i usually don't buy backdrops because they're only temporary, and 75 bells is a little steep with that in mind, but i love that shade of blue, i couldn't help it.

I debated it quite a bit because I think both look absolutely wonderful, but I decided to go with astral arcana. I think it fits the themes of spectral arcanism and rainbow space vibes very well hehe 👻 ✨

I got both, then finally decided to settle on astral arcana. Mostly because it shows up on mobile, lol. But it also seems to go better with my avatar etc...
Oops! There seemed to be a slight hiccup with Cryptic Canopy. Its mobile version should appear without issue now. 💜

On that note, I love both, but decided to go with astral arcana first because the color scheme is beautiful. Cryptic canopy has a classic, eerie feel to it which goes so well with the overall event theme, though. I'll buy & switch to it after!

Last edited:
Oops! There seemed to be a slight hiccup with Cryptic Canopy. Its mobile version should appear without issue now. 💜

On that note, I love both, but decided to go with astral arcana first because the color scheme is beautiful. Cryptic canopy has a classic, eerie feel to it which goes so well with the overall event theme, though. I'll buy & switch to it after!

I see it now. They're both great. It's so hard deciding, lol.

Definitely like the art deco kindof style of Astral Arcana!

I won’t be buying the backdrops bc I’m tbt poor right now but the astral arcana one is easily my favorite! gives a witchy & celestial vibe!! it also matches my current desk mat a bit ahaha

I won’t be buying the backdrops bc I’m tbt poor right now but the astral arcana one is easily my favorite! gives a witchy & celestial vibe!! it also matches my current desk mat a bit ahaha

Sent some backdrop-buying TBT your way! Enjoy! 💚

I was now able to buy the astral arcana backdrop thanks to lovely @Xara ✨💛🧡 Thanks again for your kindness 😭 Really thankful🥺

Astral Arcana is so pretty, but i really dislike how hard it is to read user titles on either backdrop. it's major eye strain, at least on desktop :( i think the glow around it need to be more opaque

Astral Arcana is my favourite of the two but it only just barely wins for me, Cryptic Canopy fits the theme of this event so perfectly.

They are both beautiful, but I have to vote for astral, since I do love the aesthetic of Astro things like that (not sure how to call that :D)

I love both of them equally, Pyoopi and Mistreil did a fantastic job on them! I choose to wear cryptic canopy though, because I decided to make Jevil my avatar this year and it really fits him the best.

The dark time colors are also incredibly close to Jevil's color scheme, which as far as I'm aware, was completely unintentional hehe.

Back