• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite Quotes?

"The FitnessGram? Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start."
- Jesus

"If I'm kind to everyone I meet in life, I'll die without regrets."

-The avatar/playable character in Fire Emblem Fates

“We teach girls to shrink themselves, to make themselves smaller. We say to girls, you can have ambition, but not too much. You should aim to be successful, but not too successful. Otherwise, you would threaten the man. Because I am female, I am expected to aspire to marriage. I am expected to make my life choices always keeping in mind that marriage is the most important. Now marriage can be a source of joy and love and mutual support but why do we teach girls to aspire to marriage and we don’t teach boys the same? We raise girls to see each other as competitors not for jobs or accomplishments, which I think can be a good thing, but for the attention of men. We teach girls that they cannot be sexual beings in the way that boys are.”
― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, We Should All Be Feminists

"I Hope You Dance" Gladys Knight Lyrics

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat
But always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty-handed

I hope you still feel small
When you stand by the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you’ll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances
But they’re worth taking
Lovin’ might be a mistake
But it’s worth making

Don’t let some hell bent heart
Leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out
Reconsider
Give the heavens above
More than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance

(Time is a real and constant motion always)
I hope you dance
(Rolling us along)
I hope you dance
(Tell me who)
I hope you dance
(Wants to look back on their youth and wonder)
(Where those years have gone)

I'll be posting several quotes here.
To start out with the actor I'm obsessed with:
"Privacy is not something that I'm merely entitled to, it's an absolute prerequisite."
- Marlon Brando
Here are some others:
"Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose."
- Lyndon B. Johnson (the president I'm distantly related to!)
"Like music and art, love of nature is a common language that can transcend political or social boundaries."
- Jimmy Carter
"There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America."
- Barack Obama
"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."
- Michael Jordan
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
- Kurt Cobain
"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."
- Oprah Winfrey
I can definitely post some more if y'all want!:)

More quotes

"I make my own fate!"

-The avatar/playable character in Fire Emblem Fates

"Life is an Anime, baby."

-Just something I thought of

"Everyone has their own ideas about what's important in life."

-From a character in HunterxHunter

"I just realized it doesn't matter whether I'm alive or dead. Either way I'm still pretty dandy, baby."

-Space Dandy

"Real strength doesn't come from winning or losing. Real strength comes from within."

-Something I thought of

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters when compared with what lies within us."

-Martial Arts quote, edited a little

"Anyone is capable of great good or great evil."

-Avatar Aang in Avatar: The Last Airbender

"The ultimate test of courage is to bear defeat without losing heart."

-Martial Arts quote

"Treat others how you would treat yourself. Respect for others guides our manners. Respect for ourselves guides our morals."

-Martial Arts quote

"Can't say I feel good about deceiving these kids."

-Dickson in Xenoblade Chronicles

"I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!"

-Shulk in Xenoblade Chronicles

"With great power, comes great responsibility."

-Spiderman

"At this point I want the mods to ban me. Get me off this literal hell." -TBT member Alien.

"At this point I want the mods to ban me. Get me off this literal hell." -TBT member Alien.

I literally had just read that on that disastrous thread. If it's that big of a deal, why not just log out and not come back?:confused:

"We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

In a similar vein, I've always enjoyed C.S. Lewis's ?When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.?

“I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.” -Mewtwo, "First Pokemon Movie"

"Goodbye everyone. I'll remember you all in therapy. -Plankton, "SpongeBob"

"I knew I shouldn't have gotten out of bed today." -Squidward, "SpongeBob"

"Sure, my waist is bigger, but that just means more bullets for my ammo belt." -Jake's Mom, "Adventure Time"

"Sometimes it's better to take what's given to you." -Sans, "Undertale"

"Some people are worth melting for." -Olaf, "Frozen"

"If you wear a dress and have an animal sidekick, you're a princess." -Maui, "Moana"

"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness; may those who defy their fate be granted glory." - Edel, "Princess Tutu"

Do lyrics count?

'Hard working makes the man' - Fat Freddy

Yep they count. :) It can be a small statement from literally anything tbh. :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Gonna add some more quotes here. :eek:

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Good friends are like stars. Even if you don't see them, you know they'll always be there.

No one can change a person, but a person can be the reason someone changes.

From a small seed can a mighty trunk grow.

Beauty is the light in your heart.

Last edited:
"Those that think they are strong are weak. Those that thing they are weak are strong. In the end, the greatest determination of overall physical and mental power comes from within. A bond that cannot be broken between soul, heart, body, and mind. When one has all four of those things in sync, it is impossible to defeat them."

-Quote by myself

Last edited:
“If you think you’re free, there’s no escape possible.” I’ve no idea who said it or even remember where I first read it but I do know that I liked it enough to scroll as a screen saver at an old job I had... I switched it around with “I’d rather be getting a massage “ and the “It’s five o’clock somewhere” so I didn’t get too stale.

You might know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you, since I know everything YOU'RE going to do! Strange, isn't it?

~Sonic from the OVA

Last edited:
Back