• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite obscure music?

Idk if it's obscure but. I used to love Blank Banshee when I was younger, their newer stuff is meh

I'm not sure how obscure they are, but I never hear anyone talk about the band Joydrop. They only put out 2 albums and that was a while ago. I love their music, though.

Obscure music? The most obscure band I like is definitely Catherine Wheel. They aren’t very well known, but I would recommend at least checking them out.

Its not obscure really but everyone knows how I love Fifth Harmony so much right? Well when they disbanded and went solo I wish all of them were mainstream. Normani ate up motivation and Camila went crazy popular after Havana but it feels like Dinah, Ally, and Lauren never got the popularity they deserved. Though Normani kind of fell off after delaying her album for 4 years and still hasnt released it, her leaked 2019 recording sessions were so good RUNAROUND AND ISOMNIA WHISKEY WERE MY FAVES! but, I hope when she does release her album she is happy with it! CAMILA IS INSANE THOUGH :D SO PROUD OF HER

Dinah made a few good songs but they were too generic, I am SO ANGRY ABOUT THAT because DINAH. JANE. really had so much potential. This girl had the best voice ever with such power, her If I Were a Boy audition on X Factor was so cool and she deserved so much more, even singing it again a little bit in 2014 and 2019. Sadly she never got popular or produced music that complimented her voice.

Ally though... SHE MADE SO MANY GOOD SONGS and put in the effort. Ally was always my favorite and when she went solo she blossomed and people were finally loving her for what she was and not criticising her for not keeping up with the other girls. Ally made the best music.

Lauren on the other hand made a podcast and only a few songs. She is coming back though because she just released Trust Issues!

Some of my favorite artists are online ones.

If you look past the pmv part, the songs are really REALLY good.

Syphstorm is by far my favorite artist of all time. Almost all his songs are PMV, which means a pony involved song. But some I'd really recommend trying them.

Heres two of his best. Yes they're pmv, but give them a try, that part is barely mentioned

Pmv artists are hugely underated

Living Tomb Stone he makes really good songs based on popular indie games, my favorite is the one he based on Tattletail. But hes got a wide range of different songs and not all of them are game based.

Forest Rain's got a really soft, elegant voice, and this song in particular really got me through some hard times.

I dont listen to tons of their music, but Glaze, very popular in the pmv comunity does some really good music. Heres one of my favorites

Finally Ive got this one, and its honestly just beautiful and for me its up lifting

So yeah. Looking for something to give a listen too, give those a chance. Really good, even alot of my none mlp friends like them. I love music like this compared to main stream.

I only call this "obscure" because I'm American and it's...very not. I heard it as the backing music on an /r/IdiotsInCars post.

I feel like I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME is kind of underrated. Pretty sure the singer is the drummer from Panic! At The Disco, and I adore their songs so much. They have "villain theme song" vibes, which pretty much describes my music tastes lol.

Oh man! Here we go…I love some “weird” music. It’s not weird to me, though….

—“Faces” by Clio
—“Eyes” by Clio (interesting pattern)
—the band Modern Talking, with stuff like “Just Like an Angel” and “Cheri Cheri Lady”.
—“Matsumoto Bon”
—“Sendo Kawaiya”
—“Carnaval de Venise”
—“Tanko Bushi”
—“Soran Bushi”
—“I Love Men” and “Where Is My Man” by Eartha Kitt
—Celine Dion’s old French songs
—Blackmore’s Night (not super-obscure but not famous either)
—Faun (same as above)
—“The Goddess and the Weaver” by Spiral Dance
—“Amen and Attack” by Powerwolf, also “Secrets of the Sacristy”
—A lot of folk songs from various cultures— lately I’ve been enjoying the Polish folk song “Red Berries” and the Russian song “My Grandfather is a Cossack.”
—Gigione, Italian singer
—Aqua’s songs, like “Cuba Libre”, “Roses are Red”, “Candyman, “Calling You” and others.
—“Ooa Hela Natten” and “Vad Heter Du?” (Swedish songs)
—Dschinghis Khan
—“Put on Your White Sombrero” by ABBA (in fact, a lot of their lesser-known songs)
—Bach’s secular cantatas, like the Coffee and Peasant ones, as well as the Wedding one.
—“El Viejo de Sombreron” by La Sonora Dinamita

Studio Yuraki is my favorite obscure band/group of singers. I say that they're obscure because they actually record and upload English dubs of anime songs, but when you think about things like that, you usually think about NateWantsToBattle/Give Heart Records, AmaLee, or other more popular channels.

They're HEAVILY underrated as a channel and I'd suggest anyone to listen to at least one of their pieces once. These two covers they did are perhaps my favorite by them:

They’re good. I remember you posting that My Hero Academia one a while back and I ended up liking it a lot. I lost track of that post and only recently found the song again. It was so catchy, and couldn’t for the life of me remember the name. The only thing I could recall was you posting it somewhere on the forums and liking it a ton.

I really have to look into some of these covers. I enjoyed the few that I’ve listened to.

i loooove orange lounge :D it's a pseudonym used by tomosuke funaki, an artist that frequently appears in arcade rhythm games, and it focuses on a specific lounge/shibuya-kei sound. i'm obsessed with the soft vocals and catchy beats. i even used to use orange lounge's "mobo moga" as the theme song for my homepage!
^not mobo moga, but another i really like from orange lounge. i also love other music associated with tomosuke, like
dormir...
which has art drawn by gekidan inu curry, the artist pair responsible for the style of witches in my favorite anime madoka magica. IT'S ALL CONNECTED!!!

I had a hard enough time tracking this song down on Spotify; I can't seem to find it on Youtube. But I really like it, it's chill, kinda melancholy-sounding Japanese rap. I don't speak the language though so IDK what it's about

Sophia Kay makes her own radio-worthy pop music but gets sub 50k monthly listeners! I love Seoul and Starburst

Idk if it's obscure but. I used to love Blank Banshee when I was younger, their newer stuff is meh
i said this right before blank banshee shadow dropped an album that changed my entire life so, still this

Studio Yuraki is my favorite obscure band/group of singers. I say that they're obscure because they actually record and upload English dubs of anime songs, but when you think about things like that, you usually think about NateWantsToBattle/Give Heart Records, AmaLee, or other more popular channels.

They're HEAVILY underrated as a channel and I'd suggest anyone to listen to at least one of their pieces once. These two covers they did are perhaps my favorite by them:

To be quite frank here, i wouldn't consider a youtube channel with 200k+ subs to be "obscure" especially since they get lots of views per cover they do since lot of they do is mainly popular stuff.

OT

Now this band however this is what i call hella obscure.

To be quite frank here, i wouldn't consider a youtube channel with 200k+ subs to be "obscure" especially since they get lots of views per cover they do since lot of they do is mainly popular stuff.

OT

True, but they honestly deserve a lot more views than they get. Especially when compared to the channels that are more popular than theirs. They get about 500k views tops for some of their videos, meanwhile more popular channels are getting millions of views. They also have 200k+ subs, which is a lot, but not when compared to the millions that some other channels have.

I guess it's all just a scale though. They're not super obscure, but for the amount of work and effort that they put in, they are at least somewhat.

Really love Bad Suns. Very indie pop group, along with St. Lucia, Smallpools, and flor.

However, out of all of those, Bad Suns is the one I enjoy the most ;w; They've got some bangers for sure.

Back