• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Favorite Monkey Village? :D

Favorite Monkey Villager? :D

• Deli

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Elise

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Flip

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Monty

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Nana

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Shari

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Simon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tammi

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

heitann

The Ravenlord
Bells
Tasty Cake
I'll start - My favorite monkey villagers are Nana & Monty. If I had to vote between both i'd have to go with Monty. As much as I love Nana, Monty and I just had this perfect relationship and we were best buds. I'd always hang out with Nana too but it was a different relationship. I had Nana and Simon since I first started my town. I never though i'd find another villager i'd love as much as Nana. But one day a new house was being built and I figured it was going to be a typically boring villager moving in or some ugly gorilla. But instead it was Monty. At the time I had no idea who Monty was and had never heard of it. So I went to look him up and he looked pretty cool to me. So when he moved in I went out of my way to hang out and get close with him. I always joked around as him being Nana and Simon's Dad and Elise being their mother(If so I feel bad for them).

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll start - My favorite monkey villagers are Nana & Monty. If I had to vote between both i'd have to go with Monty. As much as I love Nana, Monty and I just had this perfect relationship and we were best buds. I'd always hang out with Nana too but it was a different relationship. I had Nana and Simon since I first started my town. I never though i'd find another villager i'd love as much as Nana. But one day a new house was being built and I figured it was going to be a typically boring villager moving in or some ugly gorilla. But instead it was Monty. At the time I had no idea who Monty was and had never heard of it. So I went to look him up and he looked pretty cool to me. So when he moved in I went out of my way to hang out and get close with him. I always joked around as him being Nana and Simon's Dad and Elise being their mother(If so I feel bad for them).

I meant Villager*. Excuse the typo!

Last edited:
I've never had any of the monkeys, but I would love to have Nana. She looks adorable. ♥

I like Deli, but probably because he's the only monkey villager I've ever had lol. He was always hungry.

never had a monkey villager but wanted Nana in my town.
not many cycle towns have monkeys, esp I only had Monty in my town lol.

Nana of course! She is so adorable compared to all the other ugly monkeys ♥︎

Last edited:
I have to give a shout-out to Champ since he is not listed :)

Yeah I should've added Champ and Porter but I was going by the NL monkey villagers. Neither are technically in New Leaf as a villager

Last edited:
Tammi is my favorite monkey and probably the only monkey villager I would seriously consider adding to a town. A close second is Elise.

Interesting.. I never though anyone would like Elise. As far as I thought she had a pretty bad rep with the dimples and glasses. Surprised no one really likes Simon. I thought he and Nana would be the top two. Hes a sweetheart in my ACCF town with Monty and Nana.

Interesting.. I never though anyone would like Elise. As far as I thought she had a pretty bad rep with the dimples and glasses. Surprised no one really likes Simon. I thought he and Nana would be the top two. Hes a sweetheart in my ACCF town with Monty and Nana.
I'm kind of a sucker for unique traits on villagers. Elise has glasses, lipstick, and a beauty mark. I like others like Jacques because he has a goatee and a cap, or Knox and Sterling because they wear helmets. That sort of stuff sets them apart from the other, more plain villagers. Not to say plain is bad, it's just not usually what I look for.

Last edited:
Haha well that's certainly fair. Yeah I suppose looks aren't everything and I've never had her so I won't argue otherwise. She had just never appealed to me the way Mathilda Astrid Robin or Queenie have.

Nana is my only normal in my main town. It's always been her. And it has been perfect having her. She is adorable, and highly, HIGHLY under appreciated.

But at least in this poll she is getting some love!!!

I have had a few other monkeys, but in the votes I chose Elise. She is the epitome of snooty. Everything she says is with a snooty tone and I love it. I have her in my other town and the whole vibe of the town changed when she arrived. I adore her. I adore her in a unique kind of way. It's hard to put into words. She isn't like my TOP TEN DREAMIEZ OMGZ kind of way, but I love her for who she is. And those glasses! And that mole! At first, she kind of scared me. It took a few days, and then I saw her as being her. Authentically her.

If you want a real snooty experience, there is nothing like Elise.

Flip and Simon are great. Tammi and Shari too. But my absolute favorites are Nana and Elise.

I really hope that anyone who reads this who is looking for a normal that they give Nana a chance. She has been the most calming, sweet, caring Normal I've ever had.

I have never seen an all Monkey or a Monkey/Gorilla town but I would love to see a Dream Address of all of them someday...if anyone has seen a town like that please post!

I've had both Shari and Nana before, but I prefer Shari's uchi personality

Dang Simon really has gotten the short end of the stick. Even Ms. Dimples is liked more than him.. Poor misunderstood villagers :(

Back