• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite Hourly Music?

FaeLeaf

Happy Autumn!
Bells
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Froggy Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Spring Shamrock
Green Feather
What's your favorite hourly music from each game? I'll go first.

Population Growing (Gamecube): 5 PM - It's so cozy and nostalgic and one of my favorites to listen to during the time of year when the weather is getting colder, although I honestly LOVE so many hourly tracks from this game. 7 and 8 AM, and 7, 8, and 9 PM are all runner ups.
Wild World / City Folk: 1 AM - I actually struggled to pick one because they're all really good. But I really like this one for how relaxing it is.
New Leaf: 6 PM - It's the most nostalgic and seems to remind me the most of actually playing the game. I guess I played a lot around this time.
New Horizons: 6 PM - I was NOT a fan of most of the soundtrack when I first heard it, but this song really hit me and felt like Animal Crossing. 5 AM is a close runner up.

Population Growing: 5PM (LITERALLY THE SAME REASONS THAT YOU SAID AAA) Another reason though is just it literally speaks 5pm. Im not sure how to describe it but 5pm is literally 5pm !!!

Wild World; 3AM !! I just find it funny how the other late songs are mainly downbeat except this one. I get a good laugh out of it but the song is really wonderful to me :33

New leaf: 11PM is my favorite!! It's so relaxing to me and gets me bit emotional. For some reason the music activates my overthinking to just slow down. It's like a big hug, it just feels as I've been told that everything is okay and it's just time to take time with things. Its like a reminder of how far I've made it up to this point. I'm not so sure why it gets me to deeply think and self reflect but i honestly love it :))

New Horizons: 12PM I LOVE THIS ONEEE AAAAAHFH Unfortunately i don't have a lot to say about it but iTS JUSG SO GOOD!! HHGH

Population Growing: 4 PM Music

Wild World: 9 AM Music

City Folk: 3 PM Music

New Leaf: 1 AM Music

New Horizions: 6 PM Music

population growing - iโ€˜ve never played the original ac, so i had to look up the ost on youtube. i canโ€™t remember if iโ€™ve listened to it before or not, but the hourly tracks were honestly really catchy! if i had to pick a favourite, itโ€™d probably be the 8am track โ€” it was so nice to listen to, and reminded me of harvest moon/story of seasons for some reason lol. but i also really like the 1am, 2am, 7am and 2pm tracks!

wild world / city folk - the wild world ost is incredibly nostalgic for me and my favourite in the entire series, so picking just one favourite hourly track was hard! that being said, if i had to pick one, itโ€™d be the 5am track, with the 10pm track being a close second! theyโ€™re such relaxing tunes to listen to. <3 also a big fan of the 6pm and 11pm tracks!

new leaf - itโ€™s been a while since iโ€™ve listened to it, so youtube was once again my friend lol. my favourite track is a tie between the 7pm and 4am tracks, but i also love 10am, 3pm and 1am! the night hourly tracks in new leaf were so good!

new horizons - new horizonsโ€™ ost isnโ€™t my favourite in the series, but i donโ€™t think itโ€™s bad at all. iโ€™d say my favourite track is either 7pm or 5am, but i also like 7am, 8am and 6pm!

I've only played two AC games so I'll let the ones I like from them.

New Leaf: 11 pm. I used to stay up late just to listen to this track. I remembered the late nights in the summer doing nothing but catching palm beetles on Tortimer Island. When I returned around 10 pm to sell my bugs at Re-Tail I remembered this song when it closed. Its so calming and makes you think about what you did during the day. That is was a good day and it will be a better one tomorrow. Definitely one of the more memorable tracks for me.

New Horizons: 5 am. I didn't know about this track until I decided to play early one morning. Until I heard this track there wasn't one song that I liked. This track is nice and soothing. A great start to a great day. The tranquility of a calm morning before everyone is awake for the day. It definitely surprised me and the best of the NH tracks.

Population Growing: 5PM
Wild World: 3AM
City Folk: 2AM
New Leaf: 5PM
New Horizons: 5PM

Sooo basicallyโ€ฆ Iโ€™m a big fan of 5PM

Population Growing: 8 AM no doubt.

City Folk/Wild World: Nearly every single one is great, and they all blend together nicely. I'm going to say 1am due to how beautiful it is, and the feeling that comes with it of staying up until 1am with friends.

New Leaf: 5 PM

New Horizions: 12pm feels like the most iconic for this game.

Population Growing: 8AM was a song I heard alot growing up because I'd boot the game for like 20 minutes before school to dig up the available fossils of the day, and it just kinda stuck in my head. Runner-ups would be 7, 9 and 10AM and 2, 6 and 9PM.

Wild World/City Folk: 2AM is not only my favorite song from these games, but it's my favorite ever. It's nostalgic yet melancholic in a way, while listening to it it'll make you reminisce about your past, friends you made along the way, things like that.

New Leaf: 11AM is such an uplifting song and makes for a great start of the day.

New Horizons: I feel like I'm the only one on here that hasn't played ACNH yet, so no favorite song this time. :(

Animal Crossing: Population Growing: Rainy Day theme
I really love how calming and chill this theme was! Its technically not an hourly theme but I just think its really cozy, though, I like how in future games rainy days were remixed normal hourly themes!

Animal Crossing: Wild World / Animal Crossing: City Folk: 6 PM
Every time I hear this I remember picking fruit and selling them at Nook'n Go!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf: 5PM / 8 AM
5PM was always when I played New Leaf after school so its special to me. I love how its also very chill but so relaxing and comforting! 8 AM is great because I always wake up early and after my breakfast its around 8 AM and the theme is so invigorating!

Animal Crossing New Horizons: 7 AM
Honestly, one of the few tracks of New Horizons tropical theme that I actually REALLY REALLY enjoy! I love this song for some reason and I believe it was the party play theme in the direct? Its been a fave since!! (Also because of my early awakening as stated earlier ^^)
~Bonus~
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer: Isabelle's Day theme OR Nook's Homes day theme
The classic Isabelle theme is just so ISABELLE? Its so fun and a change from the Town Hall theme in New Leaf. Happy Home Designer was so slept on ๐Ÿ˜ญ I love it so much.

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival: Map Builder music
This is the only track I remember even though I am an amiibo Festival stan lol

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp: Downloading theme!
THIS IS A GREAT SONG. I have memories of the little minigame you got to play!!

Population Growing: Never played it so I had to look it up on youtube, I've gotta say I like it a lot. Top 3: 9pm, 12pm, and 8am.
Wild World/City Folk: This one has the best music to look up on youtube while doing homework or something and listen to in the background. My favorites are 1am, 2am, and 8pm.
New Leaf: This has so much nostalgia, holy cow. It was hard to pick just three favorites here. Here we go: 5pm (also my favorite track in the entire series), 9am, and 7pm. Nearly every NL track is good imo though.

New Horizons: Overall the hourly music here is a bit of a letdown, but I still love 5am, 12pm, and 6pm.

Last edited:
Population Growing: 2PM and 3PM

Wild World / City Folk: 6AM, 10PM and 11PM

New Leaf: 12PM, 4PM, 5PM and 9PM

New Horizons: 9AM, 5PM, and 3AM (fight me :p)

Population Growing: 5pm. Itโ€™s just such a mood. I donโ€™t really know how else to describe it.
Wild World/City Folk: 2am. Itโ€™s probably the most depressing song it the game, and I really like the trilogy of 1am, 2am, and 3am. 1am is sad, 2am is sadder, but 3am is kind of inspiring
New Leaf: 11pm. There arenโ€™t really words I can use to describe it. Itโ€™s beautiful. Itโ€™s mystical. I love the piano at the end. Itโ€™s my favorite hourly theme ever as of now
New Horizons: 5pm. New Horizons doesnโ€™t get many hourly themes right or mail how they should sound, but this one right here? Immaculate. I think each hour has multiple takes on how it should sound, and this is definitely a fitting take

Gamecube: 4PM - I could've honestly picked any song from this game as it's by far my favorite soundtrack in the series and each song has some sort of nostalgia attached to it, but 4PM hits the hardest and is one of the first songs I think of when I think back to my childhood playing this game
City Folk/Wild World: 1PM/11PM - Couldn't decide between these two as both hold so much nostalgia for me. 1PM for the weekends playing this in the afternoon and 11PM for all the late night play sessions I would have
New Leaf: 8AM - I don't know why I played this game at 8AM a lot, but this was the song I heard the most and has become my favorite in the game
New Horizons: 12PM - In my opinion the New Horizons soundtrack is very weak, but 12PM is a stand out. While I do really like 5PM as well, 12PM barely edges it out.

new horizons-wise, i think 5pm, 6pm and 7pm are my faves. 1am is cute too

new leaf - 7pm. 5pm also hits. hit up youtube to listen to the new leaf soundtrack

#1 favourite hourly track of all time: Wild World 6am. The first time I heard it, I found it so weird that it made me laugh. When I was about 12, I would sing it whenever something mildly inconvenient happened (it was like my own version of the Hannah Montana transition music, for those who know that meme). Now I think it's a major bop, lol. I often listen to it on loop while I'm working.

Favourite GameCube hourly track: 7am. It's such a happy song, would def motivate you to get up in the morning.

Favourite Wild World hourly track (aside from 6am): 2am. It never used to be my favourite, but it's really grown on me after hearing it in YouTube mixes. It's extremely calming.

Favourite New Leaf hourly track: 11am. For some reason, it makes me think of drinking morning coffee in the summer and relaxing.

Favourite New Horizons hourly track: 7am. This is another one I'll play on loop while working. It reminds me a little bit of Wild World 6am.

Out of all the hourly themes in the series, the 7 AM and 5 PM songs from the GameCube version are the best. Followed by the 3 AM song from ACNL.

As for top three from each gameโ€ฆ

GameCube:
  1. 7 AM
  2. 5 PM
  3. 11 AM
Wild World:
  1. 1 PM
  2. 10 AM
  3. 8 PM
New Leaf:
  1. 3 AM
  2. 12 PM
  3. 7 PM
New Horizons:
  1. 2 AM
  2. 1 AM
  3. 12 AM
The real best songs from the Animal Crossing franchise are the hourly songs and the GameCube Versionโ€™s shop music.

Back