• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🧘‍♂️ [FAQ] Turkey Day & Toy Day - Guide to Winter Update 1.6.0 🦃🎄

I don't TT to events, but who would it hurt if I did this in MY paid for, offline game?

This isn't Pocket Camp.

Nintendo seemed a little confused.

Stop putting pointless limitations on my non mobile game.

Thanks for the fantastic summary though! :)
Not gonna lie, I don't always agree with your posts... but I agree 100% with this one :LOL:

Pretty close but I can't recall the exact day. It was the
set of stockings
and it was the only one I saw. I bought them so I know for sure I have them.

Oooh ok, I have been hearing that those were available as a spotlight item. Haven't seen any of the toys though, so safe to say they are time locked with Toy Day. Thanks for getting back to me. I'll have to go searching for them and get on cataloging all the variants. ^^

thank you for making this thread! i wasn’t entirely clear on everything added in the new update and this definitely helped to clear any confusion that i had up! ^^

I'm just glad that TT'ing to events wasn't removed completely and if I miss out on any of these events or wish to revisit them, I can always go back in time.

That being said, I do agree that decorating at the exact moment a holiday takes place is pointless and more of a hassle than it should be. It's the reason most people set up Christmas lights about a month prior: to actually enjoy them for a while before the holiday is over. But again, not a huge deal breaker for me since I'm still celebrating Halloween in my game, anyway, I just hope Nintendo doesn't remove TT completely and I still don't get why someone is bothered by TT'ers if it doesn't affect their own game?

I have a question, the thread mentioned something about color variations on the items that to collect all one must trade? But does this include if you have several players in your island?

I still don't get if for examble one of the toys are DIY or gift based? I wish there was more info.

I have a question, the thread mentioned something about color variations on the items that to collect all one must trade? But does this include if you have several players in your island?

I still don't get if for examble one of the toys are DIY or gift based? I wish there was more info.

All the toys are nook cranny items to purchase for toy day. Color Variants that are island specific are the same variant for all players on that island.

All the toys are nook cranny items to purchase for toy day. Color Variants that are island specific are the same variant for all players on that island.
I don't know how to make spoiler tags, so I won't mention what I want... But are you saying all toys are Nookling based items and not DIY recipes? If so, this is fantastic!

Last edited:
thanks for the great guide. I've got some info about "time locked" items:

I have been TT'ing today trying to collect the ornament DIYs to start decorating my island, and came across a set of stockings in Nook's Cranny! They were in the "cute" style and in the back of the store (not the front seasonal display). Thought that was pretty interesting, seeing as you listed the toys as time locked.

stocking.jpg

Here's proof that the stockings aren't behind the timelock.

Also if anyone would like to catalog trade, please shoot me a message. I have the chic set here.

Specific details regarding the Turkey Day event has been added to the first post, under the Turkey Day section, courtesy of Animal Crossing World. Click below for spoilers:

• Talk to Franklin to get recipe ingredient instructions for 4 Thanksgiving dishes.
  • Collect ingredients by fishing, diving, and gathering materials.
  • Trade fish with villagers inside their homes:
    • To get missing ingredients you can't find/having difficulty with or,
    • Possibly learn hints about the 'secret' ingredients.
  • Bring the ingredients back to Franklin to cook the dish and get Turkey Day DIYs/items afterwards.
    • You can get extra rewards if you correctly give him the ‘secret’ ingredients that enhance each dish.
  • The following are the 4 Thanksgiving dishes and their ingredients:
    • Clam Chowder
      • 3 Manila Clams
      • Secret Ingredient: 1 Scallop
    • Pumpkin Pie
      • 1 Orange Pumpkin + 1 random pumpkin (Green/Yellow/White)
      • Secret Ingredient: 2 colored-pumpkins not requested above
        • For example: if Franklin asked for an orange & green pumpkin, then the secret ingredients will be the yellow & white pumpkins.
    • Gratin
      • Northern Hemisphere: 1 Mussel + 1 random item (Flat/Round/Skinny Mushrooms/Oyster)
      • Southern Hemisphere: 1 Squid + 1 Sea Urchin
      • Secret ingredient (both hemispheres): 1 Dungeness Crab
    • Fish Meunière
      • Northern Hemisphere: 1 Sea Bass + 1 random fish (Dab/Olive Flounder/Red Snapper)
      • Southern Hemisphere: 1 Sea Bass + 1 random fish (Olive Flounder/Red Snapper)
      • Secret ingredient (both hemispheres): 1 Barred Knifejaw

For more details, please check out the sources:

Specific details regarding the Turkey Day event has been added to the first post, under the Turkey Day section, courtesy of Animal Crossing World. Click below for spoilers:

• Talk to Franklin to get recipe ingredient instructions for 4 Thanksgiving dishes.
  • Collect ingredients by fishing, diving, and gathering materials.
  • Trade fish with villagers inside their homes:
    • To get missing ingredients you can't find/having difficulty with or,
    • Possibly learn hints about the 'secret' ingredients.
  • Bring the ingredients back to Franklin to cook the dish and get Turkey Day DIYs/items afterwards.
    • You can get extra rewards if you correctly give him the ‘secret’ ingredients that enhance each dish.
  • The following are the 4 Thanksgiving dishes and their ingredients:
    • Clam Chowder
      • 3 Manila Clams
      • Secret Ingredient: 1 Scallop
    • Pumpkin Pie
      • 1 Orange Pumpkin + 1 random pumpkin (Green/Yellow/White)
      • Secret Ingredient: 2 colored-pumpkins not requested above
        • For example: if Franklin asked for an orange & green pumpkin, then the secret ingredients will be the yellow & white pumpkins.
    • Gratin
      • Northern Hemisphere: 1 Mussel + 1 random item (Flat/Round/Skinny Mushrooms/Oyster)
      • Southern Hemisphere: 1 Squid + 1 Sea Urchin
      • Secret ingredient (both hemispheres): 1 Dungeness Crab
    • Fish Meunière
      • Northern Hemisphere: 1 Sea Bass + 1 random fish (Dab/Olive Flounder/Red Snapper)
      • Southern Hemisphere: 1 Sea Bass + 1 random fish (Olive Flounder/Red Snapper)
      • Secret ingredient (both hemispheres): 1 Barred Knifejaw

For more details, please check out the sources:
Thank you so much for doing this. It's super informative and I can't wait to experience it in the game!

Thank you for posting the food ingredients! Now I can make sure to have those fish ingredients on hand this week :3

Oh heck I didn't even realize the toys weren't available yet, someone let me catalog a few of them and I was wondering why my nook shop hadn't gotten any in yet o.o

A small availability update, because I haven't seen anyone bring it up yet, but the Sunflower Rug and Aurora Wall is available to purchase from Nook Shopping. That is, I, from the North Hemisphere, can travel back to summer and purchase the rug, but can't go into winter and purchase the wall, it's reverse for those in the South Hemisphere I'd imagine.

Back