• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🧘‍♂️ [FAQ] Turkey Day & Toy Day - Guide to Winter Update 1.6.0 🦃🎄

Rosch

*honk honk*
Bells
Galaxy Easter Egg
Stardust Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Glitched Easter Egg
Dragonscale Easter Egg
The latest update to Animal Crossing New Horizons (version 1.6.0) is out. Here's what it contains:
Click the blurry parts to show spoilers.

9 New Reactions
  • Purchase the "Hip Reaction Collection" item for 2,700 Nook Miles using the Nook Stop Terminal inside the Resident Services.
  • Unlocks: Excited, Here You Go, Sit Down, Sniff Sniff, Ta Da, Take A Picture, Wave Goodbye, Work Out & Yoga

6 New Hairstyles
  • Purchase the "Top 6 Stylish Hairstyles" item for 2,800 Nook Miles using the Nook Stop Terminal inside the Resident Services.
  • Unlocks: dreadlocks, buzzcut, afro buns, afro, retro and bald

Storage Expansion
  • Once you have a fully upgraded house, you can upgrade your storage by talking to Tom Nook.
  • It increases storage slots from 1,600 to 2,400.
  • It costs 500,000 Bells.

Visit Random Dream Islands
  • You can now visit random Dream Island without the need of a Dream Address. Select "Surprise Me" when talking to Luna.
  • You need to update your Dream Address first though.

Turkey Day
  • This is a time-locked event and will not be available (even with Time Travel) until November 26th. You can always TT back to it after the event passes.
  • The event runs from 9AM until midnight.
  • There are 12 Turkey Day items obtainable during this event.
    • 8 DIYs:
      Turkey Day garden stand (8 stone, 3 clay)
      Turkey Day hearth (1 campfire, 30 stone, 10 clay)
      Turkey Day decorations (2 softwood, 5 clump of weeds, 2 clay)
      Turkey Day chair (5 wood, 2 hardwood, 2 softwood)
      Turkey Day table (10 hardwood, 5 softwood)
      Turkey Day casserole (5 iron nugget, 1 clay)
      Turkey Day wheat decor (10 clump of weeds)
      Turkey Day table setting (4 clay, 2 iron nugget)
    • 4 Non-craftable items:
      Turkey Day flooring
      Turkey Day wall
      Turkey Day rug
      Cornucopia
!!! Click the SPOILERS to read how this event goes:
  • Talk to Franklin to get recipe ingredient instructions for 4 Thanksgiving dishes.
  • Collect ingredients by fishing, diving, and gathering materials.
  • Trade fish with villagers inside their homes:
    • To get missing ingredients you can't find/having difficulty with or,
    • Possibly learn hints about the 'secret' ingredients.
  • Bring the ingredients back to Franklin to cook the dish and get Turkey Day DIYs/items afterwards.
    • You can get extra rewards if you correctly give him the ‘secret’ ingredients that enhance each dish.
  • The following are the 4 Thanksgiving dishes and their ingredients:
    • Clam Chowder
      • 3 Manila Clams
      • Secret Ingredient: 1 Scallop
    • Pumpkin Pie
      • 1 Orange Pumpkin + 1 random pumpkin (Green/Yellow/White)
      • Secret Ingredient: 2 colored-pumpkins not requested above
        • For example: if Franklin asked for an orange & green pumpkin, then the secret ingredients will be the yellow & white pumpkins.
    • Gratin
      • Northern Hemisphere: 1 Mussel + 1 random item (Flat/Round/Skinny Mushrooms/Oyster)
      • Southern Hemisphere: 1 Squid + 1 Sea Urchin
      • Secret ingredient (both hemispheres): 1 Dungeness Crab
    • Fish Meunière
      • Northern Hemisphere: 1 Sea Bass + 1 random fish (Dab/Olive Flounder/Red Snapper)
      • Southern Hemisphere: 1 Sea Bass + 1 random fish (Olive Flounder/Red Snapper)
      • Secret ingredient (both hemispheres): 1 Barred Knifejaw

Christmas Toy Set
  • These are time-locked items and are not available (even with Time Travel) until December 1st.
  • From December 1st until December 25th, Nook's Cranny will be selling toys.
  • These toys are color-locked and you must trade with others to get all variations.
  • These can be cataloged and ordered.
    Kid's Tent (8 colors)
    Puppy Plushie (8 colors)
    Tin Robot (8 colors)
    Dinosaur Toy (5 colors)
    Dollhouse (7 colors)
    Mini Circuit (4 colors)
    Pop-Up Book (4 colors)
    RC Helicopter (7 colors)
  • However, there is an item that is not time-locked, Set of Stockings (6 colors). This item is sold along with the furniture at the back of the store. So keep an eye.

Festive Clothes
  • These are time-locked items and are not available (even with Time Travel) until December 1st.
  • From December 1st until December 25th, the Able Sisters will be selling new holiday outfits:
    Santa hat
    Santa beard
    Santa coat
    Santa pants
    Reindeer hat
    Reindeer costume

Toy Day
  • This is a time-locked event and will not be available (even with Time Travel) until December 24th. You can always TT back to it after the event passes.
  • This event involves helping Jingle with presents.
  • There are 6 Toy Day items obtainable during this event.
  • 2 DIYs:
    Gift pile (3 red wrapping paper, 1 wooden-block toy, 1 cardboard box)
    Festive wrapping paper (1 red ornament, 1 blue ornament, 1 gold ornament)
  • 4 Non-craftable items:
    Jingle's photo
    Festive wreath
    Toy Day sleigh
    Toy Day stockings

New Seasonal Items
  • New seasonal items can be bought from Nook Shopping. It is currently unknown when these items will be available but majority of these are tied to the New Year celebration.
  • Seasonal:
    Aurora wall (winter only)
    Sunflower rug (summer only)
  • New Year:
    Celebratory arch
    Sparkling cider
    Berliner
    Olivier salad
    Twelve grape dish
    Yut nori
    New Year's noodles
    New Year's shimekazari
    Kadomatsu
    Kagamimochi
    Zodiac ox figurine

New Seasonal DIYs
  • Additional seasonal DIYs from balloons are available:
    Falling-snow wall (3 snowflake, 10 stone) (Winter only)
    Summer-shell rug (6 summer shell) (Summer only)
    Festive rug (5 red ornament, 5 blue ornament, 5 gold ornament) (Dec 15-Jan 6)

Pocket Camp Collaboration
  • If you have linked your Animal Crossing Pocket Camp account to New Horizons, you can purchase a Pocket Camp phone case from the Nook Shopping section in the Nook Stop terminal.
  • How to connect Pocket Camp with New Horizons:

Save Data Transfer

References (also if you want to see pictures of the items):

Last edited:
Great thread.. however, I would suggest making use of the spoiler tag to hide certain details such as material cost of the holiday items, etc.

Some people can be rather fickle with spoilers, yeah?

Great thread.. however, I would suggest making use of the spoiler tag to hide certain details such as material cost of the holiday items, etc.

Some people can be rather fickle with spoilers, yeah?

Updated with inline spoilers. Thanks for reminding me. :D

Wait, time-locked? That SUCKS. What about people who are busy on holidays? Are they just out of luck?
Honestly, time-traveling has been a huge part of AC games for a lot of people since the first one... IDK why Nintendo has now decided they apparently don't like it, when it's been an option for all of them. The only reason to prevent it is spoilers but... well, it's pretty clear you can still find this info without TTing, and it stinks they punish everyone just because some people decide to post spoilers.

ANYWAY. Sorry for the mini-rant. I'm glad to see the Harvest furniture comes from DIYs, though! Somehow I thought you were awarded the actual items, but this means it'll be a lot easier to decorate my town.
Even though I can't TT to decorate it early for absolutely no good reason.

I wonder if the seasonal DIYs and items will be obtainable during the appropriate seasons for each hemisphere. (Like will people in the southern hemisphere be able to get the falling-snow wall when it's winter next for them & will people in the northern hemisphere get the summer shell rug?)

Wait, time-locked? That SUCKS. What about people who are busy on holidays? Are they just out of luck?
Honestly, time-traveling has been a huge part of AC games for a lot of people since the first one... IDK why Nintendo has now decided they apparently don't like it, when it's been an option for all of them. The only reason to prevent it is spoilers but... well, it's pretty clear you can still find this info without TTing, and it stinks they punish everyone just because some people decide to post spoilers.

ANYWAY. Sorry for the mini-rant. I'm glad to see the Harvest furniture comes from DIYs, though! Somehow I thought you were awarded the actual items, but this means it'll be a lot easier to decorate my town.
You can TT back to do the event if you miss it on the day it happens, but you won't be able to TT forward until the date has passed irl.

I wonder if the seasonal DIYs and items will be obtainable during the appropriate seasons for each hemisphere. (Like will people in the southern hemisphere be able to get the falling-snow wall when it's winter next for them & will people in the northern hemisphere get the summer shell rug?)

You can TT back to do the event if you miss it on the day it happens, but you won't be able to TT forward until the date has passed irl.
It's still inconvenient and, most importantly, utterly pointless, though. I was excited to decorate my town for Turkey Day... but now those decorations will be up for just a few days. It just seems like another way Nintendo is sticking it to TTers as if they're trying to cater to the people who claim they "ruin" the game for everyone, despite them literally having no impact on the way anyone else plays, except for the very few who deliberately spoil it.

Thank you for the list! It's going to be mighty useful once everything is finally unlocked. Bookmarking this for later. 😀

I believe so, yes. Northern hemisphere can wait until summer to get the Summer Shell rug. Southern hemisphere will have to wait until next winter for the Falling-snow wall.

Or, you can simply trade with someone.

Time-locked just means the holiday won't be active until the day it actually begins, afterwards its unlocked permanently. Just like Bunny Day.

They just don't want people experiencing it before it happens.

Time-locked just means the holiday won't be active until the day it actually begins, afterwards its unlocked permanently. Just like Bunny Day.

They just don't want people experiencing it before it happens.
As I said in another post, I get that. It's still a huge bummer for me (and I'm sure others), though, and again... why? There's literally no reason. This post alone proves "spoilers" will get out regardless (and, again, why punish the people who aren't posting spoilers just because some are?) Every other game has had holidays available from day one and it's silly to make us wait until the actual holiday.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a downer, but this just irks me. I've run into people who hate TTing so much that I feel the need to defend the fact that it truly doesn't affect them, and it's how I (and many others) enjoy, and always have enjoyed, the game(s). Now it feels like Nintendo is catering to those people all of a sudden and it feels... obviously betrayal is way too strong a word. But it's a bummer. Let's go with that 😛

As I said in another post, I get that. It's still a huge bummer for me (and I'm sure others), though, and again... why? There's literally no reason. This post alone proves "spoilers" will get out regardless (and, again, why punish the people who aren't posting spoilers just because some are?) Every other game has had holidays available from day one and it's silly to make us wait until the actual holiday.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a downer, but this just irks me. I've run into people who hate TTing so much that I feel the need to defend the fact that it truly doesn't affect them, and it's how I (and many others) enjoy, and always have enjoyed, the game(s). Now it feels like Nintendo is catering to those people all of a sudden and it feels... obviously betrayal is way too strong a word. But it's a bummer. Let's go with that 😛

To sum it up, "Nintendo."

They've always been weirdly protective of some of their games, for better or for worse.

Great thread! Lots of good information.

It's still inconvenient and, most importantly, utterly pointless, though. I was excited to decorate my town for Turkey Day... but now those decorations will be up for just a few days. It just seems like another way Nintendo is sticking it to TTers as if they're trying to cater to the people who claim they "ruin" the game for everyone, despite them literally having no impact on the way anyone else plays, except for the very few who deliberately spoil it.

I agree. If they are going to do this, the least they can do is give us a way to get the holiday items before the holiday, like from our villagers crafting. Not many people care about decorating on the day of a holiday.
All this has done is make animal crossing hackers more popular. Heck, I was against hacked items for a long time but changed my mind with this update because eff that, I want to decorate before the holidays.

I was TT and one of the xmas toy set was in my cranny. I was surprised to see it as I don't hack.
It sounds like it'll be similar to Halloween with some items available all December, but others only on Toy Day.
...But different in that you truly can't experience the actual event ahead of time, which stinks.

Aw man, so the toys are colored-locked?

Guess its time to crack open online to get some tent variants if need be.

I don't TT to events, but who would it hurt if I did this in MY paid for, offline game?

This isn't Pocket Camp.

Nintendo seem a little confused.

Stop putting pointless limitations on my non mobile game.

Thanks for the fantastic summary though! :)

Last edited:
It sounds like it'll be similar to Halloween with some items available all December, but others only on Toy Day.
...But different in that you truly can't experience the actual event ahead of time, which stinks.

Just for confirmation so I could update the first post... the toys are available and are not restricted, correct?

Back