• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Every villagers are asleep around 4AM. Is this normal?

Bells
(I have a really early sleeping schedule, I sleep from 7PM (or 8PM on occasions) to 3AM.) Usually, when I start playing around 4AM, there would be that one random villager (or two, in some cases) that would always be up late, and when you interact with them, they usually give an explanation of why they were up late. I noticed that after last Saturday at 4AM, the last villager I saw up late was Ike (who was sleeping while standing, so I didn't talk to him), after that, no one has been up really late lately. It is kind of strange because it has been a common occurrence for a random villager (or two random villagers in some cases aforementioned) to pull an all-nighter and so I got used to it. Is this supposed to happen or did I screw something up to make it where every villagers are fast asleep around 4AM?

Last edited:
this is normal, don’t worry! all of the villager personalities have a set time that they wake up and go to sleep, so it sounds like your villagers have just been following that instead of staying up late. villagers staying up late or waking up early is random, so they’re not guaranteed to do it all of the time.

the game always gives you one villager up the entire time (I guess so you don't feel too lonely), but all the rest will follow their usual sleep schedule, which is currently as follows:

Lazy 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Jock 6:30 AM – 12:30 AM
Cranky 9:00 AM – 3:30 AM
Smug 7:00 AM – 2:00 AM
Normal 6:00 AM – 12:00 AM
Peppy 7:00 AM – 1:30 AM
Snooty 8:30 AM – 2:30 AM
Sisterly 9:30 AM – 3:00 AM

I haven’t played it this early, but from what I’ve seen, I think it’s normal.

Also, does anything weird happen at 3 a.m.? (Or 3:33 a.m.?) Bc I saw some videos explaining that in one of the older games an alien comes on the TV screen. I’m not sure if it’s in New Horizons though.

Also, does anything weird happen at 3 a.m.? (Or 3:33 a.m.?) Bc I saw some videos explaining that in one of the older games an alien comes on the TV screen. I’m not sure if it’s in New Horizons though.
Yes, the 3.33AM broadcast is in New Horizons, but only on Saturday night/Sunday morning :)

Yeah this is normal makes me sad those cause I play very early in the morning before work of if not late at night and most of my islanders are asleep. Then there is just Muffy walking around late at night happy in the moonlight 😂

Usually there will be one villager awake at 04:00 a.m. because that villager is either crafting or cooking in his or her house.

the game always gives you one villager up the entire time (I guess so you don't feel too lonely), but all the rest will follow their usual sleep schedule, which is currently as follows:

villagers also wake up earlier at times too! I saw Tangy up at like 6AM last month, she said she was trying "a normal schedule for once" or something.

villagers also wake up earlier at times too! I saw Tangy up at like 6AM last month, she said she was trying "a normal schedule for once" or something.
I count that as 'the game always giving you one villager up the entire time', but yes!

in short, no matter what hour you're playing, some npc villager will be awake for you to socialize with

One time I was playing at 3:45 a.m. and no one was awake.

I remember playing at 5am one day and Chief was awakr. Hes the only villager ive had awake around that time. I was really surprised to see him awake that early.

Then Raymond was crafting, so he must be a light sleeping cranky.

I'm 100% positive you just missed them

or as the classic saying goes, 'proof or it didn't happen'
Sorry I didn’t realize this post wasn’t about New Leaf, I don’t know where I got that guess from.

Last edited:

Yep, aliens invade your TV set on the weekend at 3:30AM and try to brainwash you.

Lazy villagers will even mention it sometimes as a hint to watch it. The dialogue is just as funny as the surreal time they nearly break the fourth wall. It’s why I think their dialogue is the funniest in this game.

Back