• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Erm, is the Darkrai I got from a trade legit or hacked?

reyy

:3c
Bells
Cake
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Ancient Lantern
Dusty Scroll
I was waiting for someone to trade me, and a passerby traded me. So i accepted it. He offered a lvl 100 SHINY darkrai. I offered a regular reshiram. We traded. Um.. is this a hoax? did i do something wrong or bad? When I try to trade back the darkrai he offers a pancham who's nicknamed 'No thanks' D:

Have you checked it's IVs? People who hack shiny legends usually give them perfect IVs too.
Although it is possible to get a shiny darkrai, so it could be legit.

I was waiting for someone to trade me, and a passerby traded me. So i accepted it. He offered a lvl 100 SHINY darkrai. I offered a regular reshiram. We traded. Um.. is this a hoax? did i do something wrong or bad? When I try to trade back the darkrai he offers a pancham who's nicknamed 'No thanks' D:

Put it through an IV Calc.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Have you checked it's IVs? People who hack shiny legends usually give them perfect IVs too.
Although it is possible to get a shiny darkrai, so it could be legit.

Once released a legit Zygarde. Karla confirmed it post-release.

It's either hacked or cloned, because a level 100 shiny legendary always sounds very fishy.. but yeah check the IVs to make sure. If they're perfect then it's 99.9% guaranteed to be hacked.

Last edited:
Of course it's a hack. No one in their right mind would initiate a random passerby trade and give up a SHINY EVENT POKEMON for a boring ol' reshiram.

Some people are just really nice.

Sorry, but I refuse to believe that someone would give away such a rare poke on a whim unless it was hacked. Darkrai is arguably one of the most sought-after event pokemon, right behind mew and arceus. And it's a shiny. And someone just...gave it away to some random person. Yeah, no.

Have you even been on the global link? No one is that nice. NO ONE. I find your lack of a lack of faith disturbing. :p

Last edited:
I don't think it's legit :/ I'm sorry. You should get the IV's checked. If it looks too good to be true...it probably is.

I doubt it's hacked I bet it's just been cloned loads so they could get legendaries they wanted, they would have said no thanks because they probs have loads of them.

I'm pretty sure its hack, why would he give it away (or whatever...)? I wanna know the IV's :U

Most likely a hack, but even with perfect IVs, there's a scenario that the person got to the island in DPPt and RNG abused Darkrai to get a shiny, perfect one - and that's not hacked, actually.

It's probably legitimate, only it's been cloned. Either way - it's a legitimate legal pokemon, so you can use it to your advantage!

I still hold to the camp that it's not a clone. Sure, some people would reset until doomsday to get a shiny Darkrai - but to get one that has perfect stats? Nuh-uh, wrong, SO wrong. You can't possibly be that gullible as to think this is legit.

Legit cloned probably. If I had many of those stuff then I would probably give it for a Reshiram that I don't have.

I still hold to the camp that it's not a clone. Sure, some people would reset until doomsday to get a shiny Darkrai - but to get one that has perfect stats? Nuh-uh, wrong, SO wrong. You can't possibly be that gullible as to think this is legit.

It's not impossible to get a perfect IV shiny legendary..

Very possible with RNG abuse as I said. It's not that hard for those who know how to do it.

Its entirely possibly to get a flawless shiny darkrai with RNG abuse[and in regards to your saying no one would give away a event pokemon for a reshiram.. well.. I've given em away for less than that before.]

It's probably legitimate, only it's been cloned. Either way - it's a legitimate legal pokemon, so you can use it to your advantage!

I have an army of these guys in White. I made a video of it and people thought I hacked them. :( If they're hacked, then how come I can trade and use it?

These days there is no point worrying or being paranoid about "Waaah is X or Z legal" unless you intend to use it for battling.

It is impossible to detect cloning unless you encounter the cloner him/herself in the act, or they admit it, and chances are many of these have been spread so far over the world you are never going to know. There have surely been some legendaries with good IVs that are legitimate, but with the innovations in hacking they are shadowed. Instead of being paranoid, perhaps just take them as face value. A 5IV is a 5IV...

So take it and worry about it only if you want to do more than have it in the PC.

Last edited:
Back