• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Epic New Ocarina of Time 3D Trailer

That sucks there is going to be no orchestrated music. Nintendo did such a good job with Super Mario Galaxy, I wish they would orchestrate more of their games.

That sucks there is going to be no orchestrated music. Nintendo did such a good job with Super Mario Galaxy, I wish they would orchestrate more of their games.

As far as I'm aware they didn't update any sound at all :/

if you're looking at the environments in this pic, sure.
but look at the character models, and tell me there was a significant leap. aside from link and maybe a handful (i'm thinking zelda, ganondorf, and possibly impa/saria) others, pretty much everything looks the same, and i have a feeling that aside from the gyroscope aim, the game is going to control about the same. items will be on touch screen instead of buttons or some odd fixing up, but it will still feel the same.

boss battle mode is fine, but that isn't something i'm going to buy a full game for.
source on water temple being changed at all? that seems really distant to what i expect from nintendo. it's hypocritical, but i think if they're going to call the game a port/redo, they should have the same game. i dunno.

portability is possible with a decent laptop. won't have antialiasing and you'll need a ps3 controller + bluetooth dongle wih you (since having it connected wired is kinda silly if portable) but i can't help but doubt people are going to be playing OoT on the go all the time. just my assumptions/opinions, but i think people who actually leave the house and play this game are going to be outnumbered by those who lean back on their couch and play this.

not that it changes gameplay in any way, it just kills the argument of "it's portable so that's why i want it."
i doubt you go on road/plane trips often enough to warrant the "i'm always on the go and have enough time to play a game" excuse.

and @ your first sentence, please read my post. you said in your last post that the 3ds will have a higher fps count, which is cool i guess, but you then turn around and ignore that pretty much any computer could play it better if you're looking solely at the fps count.

master quest's inclusion is something i didn't think of, but probably would have after remembering it. glad they decided to include it, i guess.
also, master quest isn't mirrored in any way, it's just the same general storyline/locales, but with much more challenging puzzles where they matter (from the first dungeon i played, at least).

i think there are better things i could spend my $40, if i owned a 3ds. but then again, i didn't buy a 3ds, so i'm not exactly starved for games.
The graphics could be better, I'll give you that, but they're still a big leap from the original game. Even the minor characters, even if it doesn't look like it. Look at side by side screenshots, you'll see. Even the characters that still look a bit blocky and aged in the 3DS version look a lot better than they did on the Nintendo 64. I think some people forget just how blocky that game was.

And there have most definitely been changes to the Water Temple, and there are even official videos floating around to prove it. But I'm not here to update you on old news.

Oh, and LOL @ a laptop being portable. Laptops are meant to be carried around, yes, but lets see you stick a laptop (and controller, of course) in your pocket and pull it out to play on a bus or something. Yeah, not gonna happen. Laptops are only portable to a certain degree. They're not meant for gaming on the go like handheld game systems are. Plus, I don't use emulators, anyway. If I'm gonna play a game, I'm going to do it the official, legal way. But I know you don't give a damn about that, so I won't even bother arguing it.

And you're right, the original Master Quest isn't mirrored, but I wasn't talking about the original. I'm talking about the Master Quest included in Ocarina of Time 3D, which is mirrored, and the enemies also do twice as much damage.

As far as I'm aware they didn't update any sound at all :/
I know for a fact that the sound was at least updated a bit to sound better on the 3DS, but apparently it's not different enough to be very noticeable.

Plus, I don't use emulators, anyway. If I'm gonna play a game, I'm going to do it the official, legal way. But I know you don't give a damn about that, so I won't even bother arguing it.
you sir, are grossly ignorant.

so long as you own the rom, any emulation of the game is legal.

so where exactly are you going to be playing legend of zelda on-the-go? while you drive? the 10-20 (max) minutes you're on a bus? the plane ride you'll take so frequently?

having the system "just in case" is great, i'll agree. i do not agree that the illusion of complete portability is anything more than a (here it comes i'm going to say it again) gimmick. when the game boy was around, i will give the option more credit. but now, realistically, can't think of many reasons to carry around a ds with me. if i'm going to be sitting somewhere playing vidya, why can't i just, y'know, relax at home and do the same thing? there's some places, but for the majority.. it's too inconvenient, imo.

could just be my imagination though. i dunno.

i'm not one of the people who forget "just how blocky this game was", i'd say i'm one of the people who can see "just how blocky this game still is".

if you're not here to inform me of old news, pray tell what you're here for?

and.. probably just my opinion talking, but i immediately thought of mirror mode in mario kart games when i re-read that part. mirror modes aren't necessarily ground-breaking news.. neither is changing a few numbers of code to make the game even harder.

water temple being changed, sure, that's significant i guess. flipping the levels is alright, too. making enemies do more damage is just.. meh. a change. a simple change. like the voices on the gba snes remakes getting reused audio from n64 titles.

i dunno. /train of thought.

Related:
253478_2104857109220_1479276697_2454031_7079416_n.jpg

Robin Williams, you have an amazing beard, and a daughter named after a video game character. You won life.

That's awesome! How did you get a copy already?

Oh nvm

Last edited:
Back