Easy way to rid your island of excess flowers?

samsquared

飛べ
Bells
Switch
0358-4407-0607
Jingle Christmas Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Green Christmas Stocking
Tin Robot
Christmas Candy
Yellow Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
White Star Fragment
Red Star Fragment
Orange Mote of Flame
My island is overrun by flowers!
I want to pry out a good amount of them to start breeding my black roses more seriously - I want gold roses at the island entrance - but the task is becoming monumental. I have at least 100 assorted flowers overrunning the map and just thinking about digging out most/all of them is making me tear up in frustration. I wish I had a sickle.
Is there a quicker way to get rid of the excess flowers than just digging them all up or am I out of luck?

Just dig them up and place Brick path round them to keep them from Getting out of control. I Made a area with box path around them to keep them from going all over the place.

I've surrounded flowers with transparent squares to stop them from multiplying. Planting them on the beach also stops them from growing.

I've had a few giveaways here to get rid of unwanted flowers as well, but lately I'll just sell them to Nooks cause I can't stand keeping excess flowers lol.

You can only dig them up, unfortunately.
To make it slightly less painful, you can place a trash can in the middle of the field you're clearing and just toss them since they don't sell for much anyway.

I'm in the same boat with the flowers.

this has been an issue for many, sadly ;; fencing them off, placing them on beaches or selling them is what I've been doing with mine. I think it helps to keep a few of each hybrid on your beaches and then sell the rest. This way when you're decorating your island, you have a lil selection to choose from to see what matches best c:

I feel this pain. I have sooo many flowers on one half of my island that spread like wild fire. I am in the process of getting rid of a bunch of them and deciding which to keep/breed. Unfortunately there isn't much else you can do other than chuck them in the trash or sell them at Nook's for extra bells.

I had to deal with this same problem earlier with... hundreds of flowers. Keeping a trash can near you and doing it in chunks is the best way. Placing transparent tiles around the flower sections that you want to keep will prevent the spreading to happen again and will keep your island looking natural without random pathing.

Best advice would be to break it down over a few times to get it finished, or to turn on a longer Youtube video to distract from getting too bored haha

Bring a trash bin, diy table, and customization kits with you. Place the bin and diy table near you. Dig up the flowers and throw them in the bin. Customize your shovel to reset the usage counter and avoid the tool from breaking.

i put one of the in game brick paths or custom design patterns on the ground wherever i don't want excess flowers to bloom. same thing goes for weed as well. that has been a huge lifesaver for me because it stops flowers from growing each time there's random rain while i'm playing.

also, i'm afraid digging them up one by one is really the only option available atm to get rid of them. don't worry i feel your pain on that. i too had to get rid of a lot of flowers before i started doing the method i've stated previously.

100 flowers is only about 3 inventories full, just dig them up then they're done. 10 - 15 minutes tops.

Back