• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Dressing Up Fancy

I like it if I have something to wear. Staring in to my closet and feeling like I don't have anything good enough to wear can be stressful!

I don't get to dress up very often and at my current job I dress very casually (maybe too casual lol) so I enjoy an excuse to look nice for a change!

i enjoy picking out the dresses, and the shoes, and the accessories. i enjoy doing my hair too (sort of).
what i don't enjoy is doing makeup, unless it's like a bit of lip gloss or mascara.
the last time i had to dress up fancy, i decided to do some makeup because it was a pretty big event. it made me look silly and not to mention, it felt uncomfy on my face lol. granted, i have sensory issues and i never learnt how to do makeup, so it's no reason why i didn't like it.

I hate it, I only like comfy, cotton, clothes. I can't stand dresses, shirts, anything tight or with buttons.

I think my default clothing style when leaving the house is already quite fancy, as my go to is dresses and a trench coat. It’s not that I WANT to look fancy and dressy, but that’s just what feels most comfortable for me to wear (jeans are hell). I like dressing up for special occasions too, mostly because at home I walk around like a hobo so when I DO something special it just feels like and a bit like selfcare to me to make the most of it.

I’m not good at makeup though, I can obly do eye makeup half decent and the rest I just leave as is 😂 I’d love to do more elaborate hairstyles but all the hairstyles I love look best on straight hair. Mine is very curly and very dark so braided hairstyles just never look good.

I like the thought of dressing up fancy; like getting all dolled up for a night out at a nice restaurant for a date or something, but then the reality of actually doing it is honestly super exhausting to me lol. I guess it’s worth all the effort and struggle though since the end results makes me feel good with myself on the rare occasions I have to get all fancy schmancy. I would much rather dress in my comfies though.

i love dressing up!!! i'm chronically overdressed tbh LOL. my friends are all much more casual than me. i don't have anything in closet resembling casual clothing really. i'm not a fan of the t-shirt/jeans combo. if i were to wear t-shirts i tend to dress it up so it ends up not looking too casual and simple. my style is preppy/girly so i think i would look dressed up even when i wasn't trying to at all.

I don’t like dressing up. For me, I like wearing a t-shirt and jeans, or ideally my pajamas (and not having to leave home since going out is so stressful for me).

i really love the idea of dressing up but idk i've gotten pretty self conscious thanks to my mom over the years and lost my confidence in wearing certain things

i never have an excuse to do so unless it's for graduations, parties, or weddings but i want to get to a point in my life where i don't need to find an excuse to dress up :C
i love looking at dressier items when i'm out and about but i hesitate to actually buy them, and when i do, they end up sitting in my closet until i find the courage to wear them 😭

I actually really enjoy dressing up fancy because I don't get the opportunity very often 😔
Wish I could wear a ballgown somewhere some time... but I dream

In dresses? No. In suits? Hell yes

I love ties so much you don’t understand

And for me this is never overdressing. I expressed it better somewhere else on the forum but yeah… if I can see people practically wearing pyjamas around me they can go ahead and judge me for having fun with ties

With the cold weather coming up I getta wear my favorite dress shirt/tie/jacket combo I currently own much more often, so that’s cool

I love dressing up fancy!! I don't do it very often but I already wear skirts/dresses daily which some people consider fancy. I love having an excuse to wear my extra flouncy and swooshy dresses, getting to put some extra sparkle on my eyes (ok I wear sparkly eyeshadow basically anytime I wear eyeshadow but whatever!!), and sparkly jewelry. Or really just jewelry in general! I work with small children so it's not feasible for me to wear jewelry daily unless I want it yanked on.

I think shoes are wear I struggle with most though as I don't love heels or open toed shoes and most dressy shoes seem to fall into either category.

I'm not a huge fan of formalwear. I always feel stressed when I have to dress up because I never know what to wear. I don't like wearing dresses/skirts at all, so as much as possible I try to wear a dress shirt + blazer + dress pants when I have to dress up - but sometimes I have trouble matching pieces together. Plus wearing a blazer + dress pants usually isn't that comfortable 😅 I prefer to wear jeans + a colourful button-up or activewear.

Last edited:
Back