Dressing Up Fancy

I like it if I have something to wear. Staring in to my closet and feeling like I don't have anything good enough to wear can be stressful!

I don't get to dress up very often and at my current job I dress very casually (maybe too casual lol) so I enjoy an excuse to look nice for a change!

i enjoy picking out the dresses, and the shoes, and the accessories. i enjoy doing my hair too (sort of).
what i don't enjoy is doing makeup, unless it's like a bit of lip gloss or mascara.
the last time i had to dress up fancy, i decided to do some makeup because it was a pretty big event. it made me look silly and not to mention, it felt uncomfy on my face lol. granted, i have sensory issues and i never learnt how to do makeup, so it's no reason why i didn't like it.

I hate it, I only like comfy, cotton, clothes. I can't stand dresses, shirts, anything tight or with buttons.

I think my default clothing style when leaving the house is already quite fancy, as my go to is dresses and a trench coat. It’s not that I WANT to look fancy and dressy, but that’s just what feels most comfortable for me to wear (jeans are hell). I like dressing up for special occasions too, mostly because at home I walk around like a hobo so when I DO something special it just feels like and a bit like selfcare to me to make the most of it.

I’m not good at makeup though, I can obly do eye makeup half decent and the rest I just leave as is 😂 I’d love to do more elaborate hairstyles but all the hairstyles I love look best on straight hair. Mine is very curly and very dark so braided hairstyles just never look good.

I like the thought of dressing up fancy; like getting all dolled up for a night out at a nice restaurant for a date or something, but then the reality of actually doing it is honestly super exhausting to me lol. I guess it’s worth all the effort and struggle though since the end results makes me feel good with myself on the rare occasions I have to get all fancy schmancy. I would much rather dress in my comfies though.

i love dressing up!!! i'm chronically overdressed tbh LOL. my friends are all much more casual than me. i don't have anything in closet resembling casual clothing really. i'm not a fan of the t-shirt/jeans combo. if i were to wear t-shirts i tend to dress it up so it ends up not looking too casual and simple. my style is preppy/girly so i think i would look dressed up even when i wasn't trying to at all.

I don’t like dressing up. For me, I like wearing a t-shirt and jeans, or ideally my pajamas (and not having to leave home since going out is so stressful for me).

i really love the idea of dressing up but idk i've gotten pretty self conscious thanks to my mom over the years and lost my confidence in wearing certain things

i never have an excuse to do so unless it's for graduations, parties, or weddings but i want to get to a point in my life where i don't need to find an excuse to dress up :C
i love looking at dressier items when i'm out and about but i hesitate to actually buy them, and when i do, they end up sitting in my closet until i find the courage to wear them 😭

I actually really enjoy dressing up fancy because I don't get the opportunity very often 😔
Wish I could wear a ballgown somewhere some time... but I dream

In dresses? No. In suits? Hell yes

I love ties so much you don’t understand

And for me this is never overdressing. I expressed it better somewhere else on the forum but yeah… if I can see people practically wearing pyjamas around me they can go ahead and judge me for having fun with ties

With the cold weather coming up I getta wear my favorite dress shirt/tie/jacket combo I currently own much more often, so that’s cool

I love dressing up fancy!! I don't do it very often but I already wear skirts/dresses daily which some people consider fancy. I love having an excuse to wear my extra flouncy and swooshy dresses, getting to put some extra sparkle on my eyes (ok I wear sparkly eyeshadow basically anytime I wear eyeshadow but whatever!!), and sparkly jewelry. Or really just jewelry in general! I work with small children so it's not feasible for me to wear jewelry daily unless I want it yanked on.

I think shoes are wear I struggle with most though as I don't love heels or open toed shoes and most dressy shoes seem to fall into either category.

I'm not a huge fan of formalwear. I always feel stressed when I have to dress up because I never know what to wear. I don't like wearing dresses/skirts at all, so as much as possible I try to wear a dress shirt + blazer + dress pants when I have to dress up - but sometimes I have trouble matching pieces together. Plus wearing a blazer + dress pants usually isn't that comfortable 😅 I prefer to wear jeans + a colourful button-up or activewear.

Last edited:
Back