Doubtful with my map

Leaffer

Bells
Do you think it's a good map? I restarted yesterday and I really do not know if I should restart again just for the south side of the river and the Re-tail area.

2019-04-02_22-05-37.212_bot_waifu2x_photo_noise3_scale_tta_1.jpg

I see lots of potential to be honest. Can't say anything for river side preference but retail with pond looks cute there and can be landscaped to look better. Even that left down part of your town's narrow shape can be easily utilized. Not every pwp placement and landscaping looks the best in big and wide areas after all. Plus, you have plenty of space at upper parts and I really like your house placement. I'd say work on it and see what you can do with it. But if you are suspecting you need to reset now chances are those doubts will grow stronger and eventually you'll waste all time and effort by resetting if you are a really perfectionalist person. So you need to ask yourself first; can you learn to adapt and love something you were previously not content with?

I see lots of potential to be honest. Can't say anything for river side preference but retail with pond looks cute there and can be landscaped to look better. Even that left down part of your town's narrow shape can be easily utilized. Not every pwp placement and landscaping looks the best in big and wide areas after all. Plus, you have plenty of space at upper parts and I really like your house placement. I'd say work on it and see what you can do with it. But if you are suspecting you need to reset now chances are those doubts will grow stronger and eventually you'll waste all time and effort by resetting if you are a really perfectionalist person. So you need to ask yourself first; can you learn to adapt and love something you were previously not content with?

Thank you for your comment! I think I'll stay with this map and try to work with it :)

Personally, I kind of like your map. It has a lot of open space to work with, a nice river shape, good building and event plaza placement, and I like that ramp that leads straight down to your dock. Of course, that's just my opinion. It all depends on what you want to do with your town and if you think you can work with the map. But I think it's pretty good.

hey, this is a really dumb question, but how do you screenshot the bottom of your screen like that?

“I see lots of potential to be honest. Can't say anything for river side preference but retail with pond looks cute there and can be landscaped to look better. Even that left down part of your town's narrow shape can be easily utilized. Not every pwp placement and landscaping looks the best in big and wide areas after all. Plus, you have plenty of space at upper parts and I really like your house placement. I'd say work on it and see what you can do with it. But if you are suspecting you need to reset now chances are those doubts will grow stronger and eventually you'll waste all time and effort by resetting if you are a really perfectionalist person. So you need to ask yourself first; can you learn to adapt and love something you were previously not content with?”
I totally agree and I think you should stick with it. It is a lot better than some of the others I’ve seen. It’s up to you but this town has potential :)

I think you should change it if you don't like it as it would be harder for you to reset it when you make progress

I personally wouldn’t have chosen that map because I have ridiculously, annoyingly high standards. I don’t like ponds, if I could have a map without a pond I would. I like smooth looking rivers that divide the town pretty evenly. I like retail and town hall to be on the north side, preferably close to each other but I can live without that if everything else is up to standard. I don’t like a lot of rocks, I imagine I’m not in the minority on this thought lol. Finally, the native fruit must be either peach, apple or cherry.

This means it usually takes hours to find a map I can live with. Although I love visiting dream towns that have a totally different map than I like to play on, so if you decide to keep your map I would enjoy a dream visit after it’s developed. :)

Hm, to be honest, it's not that kind of town map I would personally choose, but it is a interesting
map which has potential, so I would say try your luck and work with this map. I think you can
make something pretty cool out of it.

Do you think it's a good map? I restarted yesterday and I really do not know if I should restart again just for the south side of the river and the Re-tail area.

View attachment 224676

Although your opening post was nearly a week ago, I can respond in general.

It is a good idea to know what you want with a town.

This will help you with figuring whether a layout looks like you would be willing to accept it.

Here are some questions a person can ask himself/herself:

Do I want the beach to be continuous?or (like as seen in the pic) am I fine with separate beaches?

What do I want for my town?s perfect fruit?

Are numerous ponds an issue? (Meaning, do I want it limited to no more than two?)

Do I have a theme in mind? (If not, I can be a little more relaxed and just go for a town with a nice flow.)​

I recently eliminated one of my bonus towns. (I refer to it as a bonus town because I don?t have in my public signature.) I felt no pleasure playing it anymore.

My requirement was that my replacement town must have a continuous flow with the beach and that it have the peach as its perfect fruit. (It is the only town I have with the perfect truth the peach. So, I needed that particular fruit.)

I wanted a continuous, uninterrupted, area for the beach so that I could navigate the town more freely from one side to another. (It makes it easier on me.)

Before I accepted the replacement town, I actually laid down temporary paths?to create to some extent a grid?for determining locations for the mayor?s house and houses for additional humans as well as where I would place the houses for the ten villagers.

After I did all that, and coming into establishing a new town with over 47 million bells, I accepted it. The secondary humans receive 15 percent to start. So, I have brought them in, had them add to the mayor?s total bells, and let them go. I used them, of course, to welcome incoming villagers (especially those appearing on the screen menu as the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th?and after that?slots) to make certain I house-plotted them well. I started this around the the third week of March. My mayor now has 120 million bells.

My replacement town is progressing pretty well.

Back