Does your partner play...?

my partner has his own island which he actually plays more often then me haha

Yes. We are both gamers to start with and we play a lot of games together. There are some things we play solo, but ACNH is one we share. We have one character on the island and we tend to switch control back and forth. It works for us.

... I have suggested we get a second villager character, for the house and inventory slots, but this just works for us.

We play over breakfast every day. The controller is somehow still clean.

I wish. Animal Crossing isn't his type of game - he's not much for simulation games, so most of my favorites (AC, Stardew Valley, the Sims) are games he doesn't care for. Which is fine, because there are games we both like and play together, but it would make my dreams come true if he played Animal Crossing with me, haha.

I have a spare switch lite which I've given to my boyfriend. He played at launch but has kind of given it up. He says he doesnt want to go back because his villagers will guilt him. But he did come to my island for New Years Eve.

Plus, it has drift and we havent sent it to Nintendo yet.

I've been borrowing my boyfriend's Switch since NH came out. We were planning to play together but since the pandemic, we've been living apart, so I've been helping him out with his player character. He wasn't really into it, so I've been able to run the island how I want. But that also means I get to dress him up and decorate his house however I want. :devilish:

Hey there forum, grand day today. 🦊 Hope we are all well.

So, do they? Does your partner play with you? My partner bought a switch 2 years ago just to play with me, it was like a gift to us both and now she's further than me in the forums and in the game!

If not your partner, does your best friend play?

Would be great to hear the feedback, and what do you like doing most with your partner/friend?

I don't have a partner but my best friends play and we play every day for a few hours a night, we go running around each others islands, even the flower patches for a bit of fun and some snapshots. We play a game about who destroys the most amount of flowers and what colours, then we tally it up and whoever wins gets 50tbt.

My husband has no interest in Animal Crossing.. or any Nintendo/Switch games really. Which is fine with me so we don't have to share. 😈 He plays a couple PC games... mostly the survival/multiplayer type.

while i don’t have a partner, my closest friend does play! they’re more of a casual player whereas i’m a bit more obsessed and keep up to date with new information and try to play everyday if i can aha. that being said, we don’t play together very often but we almost always go island hopping together (not in-game, of course lol). island hopping is one of my favourite things to do in new horizons and i always enjoy seeing who my friend winds up with, too - and of course, we like to freak out if one of us leaves behind a villager that the other one likes. :p

I tried to get my fiancé to play but he didn’t play for very long. Decided it wasn’t really his thing. So now I have two islands and that’s fine. XD

No partner here, I'm asexual or something along those lines so I kind of doubt I'll ever get into a serious relationship like that.

My best friend used to play, but work has been keeping her busy. She's also disappointed with the lack of minigames since we used to go to Tortimer Island to catch beetles and sharks and participate in the tours, so there's not much to do together in New Horizons other than visit each other's shops. There's less to keep her interested and invested.

My husband don't play animal crossing. He thought about it but didn't want to invest in a switch for one game. I don't share my island with him hahah

We play other ps4 games together like the forest and stuff tho :)

step 1 get a partner my sister is the only irl person i know who plays but she stopped playing maybe 4-5 months in? she was considering starting an island as recently as yesterday though, so i will be excited if she starts to play again!

My wife bought the game in March, and then I started playing in May as the secondary character (so I didn't get a chance to build up the island).

It's kinda dumb Nintendo won't let you have more than one island per game, but there have been some advantages to sharing an island.

Hey there forum, grand day today. 🦊 Hope we are all well.

So, do they? Does your partner play with you? My partner bought a switch 2 years ago just to play with me, it was like a gift to us both and now she's further than me in the forums and in the game!

If not your partner, does your best friend play?

Would be great to hear the feedback, and what do you like doing most with your partner/friend?

My boyfriend plays with me most weeks unless he is working (at sea) or in lockdown. It's really fun because even though some of my real life friends play, it's special with him. We have been together now for 5 years and married for 2, we both just love our games and play them until they are breaking and falling apart. We only have switches, 3ds and a ps2 but we love them all, especially the switch.

He does play. ☺️ But not as often as I do. Every now and then he'll get inspiration to terraform. Otherwise he comes and waters my flowers. 🤣

My bf recently got a switch, and because he knows how much I love Animal Crossing he decided to give it a go, so we do play together for at least an hour a day :) it's fun to play a game i love so much with him. Getting some extra colours on some items is an added perk. :>

I play with my best friend too, she had never played Animal Crossing before New Horizons, but when she saw how hyped I was to get it, she got tempted too, and she loves it so much as well! When it first came out we played it together every day, now we play once a week together as we are busy with life lol.

Mine does, but not nearly as much as I do. He has his own house and little area but I’m the rep and have done most of the designing on the island. We play a lot of other games together so we’ve learned to share our PlayStation and switch lol :rolleyes::p

My partner has the game and sometimes we play together but he doesn’t play it much unless it’s with me. He’s more into games like Destiny, Persona, Fallout, etc.

My girlfriend does not play but I wish that she would! I totally get her not wanting to buy the game though. It is expensive and Animal Crossing isn't everybody's cup of tea so if she doesn't like it that would be a bummer. I would love to be able to visit each other's islands though especially since we are long distance with the pandemic! I think it would be really fun. Maybe one day she'll get the game but until then we can play Mario Kart together even if she never lets me win 😭

Back