• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Does you island representative looks like you?

for the most part yeah! I'm envious of some of the AC clothes + my rep wears glasses more often than I do irl but she's defo based off me

Nope! Though my island rep has the same name as me (yea big regret but I panicked and came up blank thinking of a name so I just decided to go with my name lol), she doesn’t look like me at all with different hair and eye color.
My island rep does usually wear clothes that I would wear irl or would like to wear so we sorta share the same fashion sense, I guess? :p

Very loosely. I started with the long straight hair that's actually close to my irl hair, but I like the wavy hair much better. For the hair color and eyes I just picked my favorite, but the eye color matches.

Same eye colour and complexion. We've similar taste in clothes.

The key difference is really in the hair. My character has a blond mohawk whereas my hair is about 1cm long on the top and neon green. If I had the patience to grow my hair and style a mohawk though I'd totally have one though. So I guess it's what I wish I looked like? 😂

There's no hair color that closely resembles my real life one. The blond tone is too blond and yellow, the brown is way too dark, and the dark red works, but my hair isn't actually /that/ red, only reddish, but it's the closest match. What matches really well though, and it's not something I expected, is that one blue-green eye color. Of course it doesn't have my heterochromia, but that's a little extensive for a simple game like that lmao. And if anything, the only option we would get would probably be just full-blown heterochromia, see Raymond.

I gave myself the square nose because to me it resembles a big one the most, and I have a huge honker my god 😳 and lastly, the cat mouth because that's what my lips are kind of shaped like, like I can actually make a :3c face irl.
Oh and I also gave him my brows and my mole as a face paint, so I'd say we're about over halfway there in resemblance.

But I must confess, I gave myself pale skin tone #2 instead of #1 like I should because I refuse to have the in-game sun reflect off of my characters skin like a discoball

No, not really. I gave my character purple hair and the shady degdeg eyes, but I guess it’s accurate in that I usually wear my hair up in a bun and my eyes are bluish-grey. I’m also less pale in-game because I don’t wanna be ghost in AC too. Purple is my favorite color, so I always choose to have purple hair in any game if possible, even if I’d never dye it irl. I do wish there were better facial hair options, though.

For now, yes minus the funny nose and mouth unless I decide to change my character to a guy; there are some qr outfits I want to use but are for male characters only.

I gave my character glasses that are like the ones I have. I have a mustache and soul patch, but there is no corresponding facial hair accessory so I chose a goatee. I like to wear cargo shorts so I gave him those. I like frogs so I gave him the frog tee. The player character also has brown eyes, but I chose the almond eyes whereas I have more rounded eyes.

Yes, except the eye color. I also wear my hair up in the bun for the most part since it’s been so hot lately.

Honestly I change my character's looks every other day so. sometimes it looks like me sometimes it doesn't. The amount of customization is pretty neat compared to older games so I'm taking full advantage of it plus there is no rule that your islander has to look exactly like you

Yes, although my hair is the dark red ig (I'm a brunette) and I don't have bangs. But other than that it looks about right!

Kind of. For the longest time my character had a black bob cut and therefor looked similar to how I used to look way back in highschool, but recently I changed her haircolor to red and went with the long, straight hair which, considering that I like to dress her up in clothes that I would wear IRL, makes her similar to me, I guess. I don't have bangs though.

Not at all, no. None of my characters in New Horizons are based on me. I find it more interesting to play video games as other people, only very rarely using my own name for anything. I just came up with ideas for characters and went from there.

heh.. sorta
there aren't any long hair options so i have to use short hair, and also my hair is wavy but i don't use the wavy hair bc it's literal crap. the hair color is pretty much exactly like mine, tho. Skin tone is accurate to the face but not the arms which are more tan. unfortunately i don't have big adorable eyes or an orange button nose, either... but mostly i think you can tell it's me lol

Like an idealized version, sure. But it's not like the game has like the right hairstyle or glasses. Or hair color. :(

My guy is like me but a lot more healther. I Wish i can made A Latios Shirt but i am not good at drawing without a guide to copy from.

Nope. The only thing we got in common is being Irish, amongst other things. I've never been fond of playing Animal Crossing and trying to make my character look exactly like me.

My island representative looks like me. The hairstyle is different from how I normally have my hair, but it's similar enough.

Back