• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does anyone here still play anything on the Wii?

Hurricane Myranda

Nostalgic Peppy
Bells
Winter Mittens
My answer is yes, all the time! The Wii is personally my favorite console, because of the infamous motion controls. I have trouble sitting long enough to actually play a game, so I like being able to move! Plus, I love all of the games for it, even if most of it is called "shovelware". I will be starting my first City Folk town on New Year's Day, and I'm so excited! I also love how easy it is to play with friends and family, the console is really designed for that. I know many people abandoned the Wii long ago, or maybe even never played on one, but I feel its underrated. Sorry for the long explanation... My answer is yes. Do you still play on the Wii? Why or why not?

Absolutely! I still play a lot of games on the Wii. Mostly Mario Kart, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Pikmin 2, and Kirby's Epic Yarn.

the wii is probably my favourite system. i don't get to play very often tho because its at my mums and she lives in a different state to me, so me and boyfriend have a plan to bring back the games we love and buy a wii u here where i am. i miss animal crossing, the wii version is my fave and i've never completed a single town donation, so there's a lot of playthrough value for me t still achieve. i also love smash bros, mariokart, wii fit, just dance etc. its a great console and im eager to play it again

I still do quite a bit! I use it to play my gamecube games, mainly Mario Parties 4-7, but some others like Mario Sunshine or Animal Crossing as well. For actual Wii games, I'm always going back to Wii party and sports with family and I have a Christmas tradition to play Cozy Cabin on Kirby's Epic Yarn. I'm also still (slowly) making my way through Donkey Kong County Returns and Mario + Sonic at the London Olympics. Wii Fit has some games that are missing from the Wii U version so I'll play those sometimes too. I also have some virtual console games (Yoshi Story + Mario Party 2) which I will play a bit. I have an N64 but the games are so expensive and why buy them twice? I also love the Wii U and still play it about the same amount as the Switch, though that will be stopped when New Horizons comes out!

I still do play on the Wii! I still play a little of City Folk, Wii Fit, Just Dance games, and Wii Sports! :3

I do not have my Wii any more, but I still have a Wii U and some of my favorite Wii games.
If I was getting a craving to play it, I would not be opposed to breaking it out and playing something!

I would still play my Wii if it hadn't broken on me. Is it my favorite Nintendo console? No, not really, but I did enjoy playing it when I had it. I loved Mario Kart Wii, Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Galaxy 1, Mario Galaxy 2, Okami, and I was first introduced to Call of Duty through the Wii, which I had a lot of fun playing, despite the constant online lag and aim detection problems. I liked the E-shop and Mii music, as well. RIP my Wii.

At this point, I only use my Wii to play my Gamecube games, which is kinda sad... But I do play some awesome Wii games from my childhood on my Wii U once in a while. In the past year, I played Mario Galaxy/Mario Galaxy 2. :cool: I also plan to beat Super Paper Mario once again, since I remember almost nothing from it.

Last edited:
I still play my Wii sometimes. I bought a lot of games for it over the years and it's fun to revisit some of those games. I recently started a new City Folk town so I have been playing it quite a bit. I also occasionally play Mario Kart Wii which is still my favorite Mario Kart game.

I play City Folk, Wii Sports Resort, and some other games from time to time. I still have a number of Wii games that I never finished, but it's hard to find the time to get to them all.

I do as well! I play Trauma Team and Trauma Center: Second Opinion. I also like to go back and play Gamecube games.

Mostly Mario Kart and Mario Party 8 with friends. I still have all my Wii games, but my collection wasn't that big anyway compared to my 3DS, Switch, Super NES, and Playstation collections.

I do still use my Wii from time to time, yes. I primarily use it as a way to play my GameCube game collection since the Wii is backward compatible and it saves me from having to also hook up my GameCube to the TV. Another significant portion of its common use is playing Virtual Console games from other systems that I downloaded from the eShop. That said, I do also still play games that were actually for the Wii, my favorite of them being Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Admittedly, I used the GameCube controller at every possible opportunity rather than the Wiimote and Nunchuk. I've used the GameCube controller on the GameCube, the Wii, the Wii U for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and also for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on the Switch because I just love the controller so much. I just vastly prefer it, and it saved having to use batteries for the Wiimote. I'd still use the Wiimote when necessary though, like for Wii Sports or Mario Strikers Charged.

I need to eventually try out the Super Mario Galaxy games sometime, never been all that competent in Mario games but they seem interesting.

I miss the days when the Wii was still supported and had all of its functionality. I got a lot of use out of the Weather and News channels when they were operational.

Last edited:
Oh yeah definitely. I actually have my Wii set up in my room right now. I personally have a hacked Wii with RiiConnect24 so a lot of its old functionality (like the weather channel, everybody votes, and check mii out) is still working. There's a lot of games on there that I enjoy playing, like SMG2, Mario Kart, Wii Sports, and AC City Folk, and not to mention Gamecube games. Plus, it has so many Virtual Console games!! It's practically the ultimate homebrew machine so it's definitely not dead to me :)

Last edited:
I do still. Ever heard of CTGP? Apparently, that's what gotten me back into Mario Kart Wii.

Not really. I still have my Wii U set up moreso for the Wii games (given they've ported near everything from Wii U I care about) but since moving into my new place I've not even set up the motion bar.

Not the Wii itself, no, but I do play Wii games with our Wii U. My partner got me City Folk for Christmas (I sold my original one a few years ago when I was strapped for college money.

I kicked butt in Wii Sports Bowling, though. Lots of fun memories with that.

Omg I forgot about that old thing ahhh man I don't even think ours is out anymore. I think we only have the Wii U out ahaha the original Wii hasn't been touched in ages. Man... what did I even play on it? Wii Sports? Is that it? OH MARIO PARTY 8 YES THAT WAS THE BOMB-

I guess my reason for not playing on the Wii as much (well I did a lot when I was younger) is cuz I honestly prefer playing on a portable console. Most of my gaming hours are poured into the Gameboy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, and now the newest edition, Switch. I guess I don't really like sitting in one place for too long and like the mobility portable devices give me because I can play them anywhere I want.

Back