Does anyone here like to sniff sharpie markers?

Only if it’s the fruit-scented ones from childhood, but even then I wouldn’t take big sniffs of them View attachment 553770

View attachment 553769
oh my GOD I WAS GOING TO MENTION THESE!! I was obsessed as a small child, to the point of always asking people if I had marker on my nose since I sniffed them so much LMAO

but back on the subject, no, I can't say I've even thought to, but now I'm curious

I hate the smell of them so absolutely not.
But today I guess I learned it's also harmful if you do it too long so that's concerning.

I don't sniff markers, but my mom had this one marker that cast off this strong smell and we were using it to label packing boxes with. I can't remember it's name though.

Last edited:
No. I would do it (being one of those who likes the smell) but not sure of the risk. I will open and close them to recapture the smell, but I haven't put one directly up to my nose.

Can't say that Sharpie markers are something I have any desire to purposefully sniff. Just sniffed one due to the thread posing the question and eh.

The fruit scented markers mentioned throughout the thread are kind of nostalgic though.

Can't say that Sharpie markers are something I have any desire to purposefully sniff. Just sniffed one due to the thread posing the question and eh.

The fruit scented markers mentioned throughout the thread are kind of nostalgic though.
Note: this thread is not meant to promote the sniffing of harmful solvents.

You know, I've never smelled the fruit markers. I'm curious now.

No, but I did sniff the fruit scented markers when I was younger. The blue marker was blueberry scented, red one was cherry. Forgot the others but I remembered sniffing them everytime one was handed to me.

i don't think sharpie smells particularly good so i can't say i've wanted to sniff any before :unsure: i definitely have sniffed the fruit scented markers when i was younger tho and those dry erase markers? i think they're expo markers or something?

I'm indifferent to the smell of sharpies, especially since I use them at work daily and try to avoid smelling the fumes too much in the first place. The Sanford King Size black marker though...I might sneak me a whiff of that one for nostalgia's sake. I definitely don't go out of my way to sniff markers though since I can be a bit paranoid about my health. Scented pens on the other hand... 🤌

i haven't sniffed a sharpie pen recently but there's a blue felt tip sort of pen that i've got and it smells absolutely divine when writing with it

grew up with fruit scented gel pens too!! no idea which one was my favourite though

No, in grade school art class we had to do an entire project in sharpie markers and due to the number of kids you could smell the sharpies from down the hall. By the end of every single class I was nauseous, dizzy, and had a terrible headache. Still to this day whenever I smell a sharpie marker, even indirectly, I instantly get a headache. So I tend to avoid them as much as possible 😅

No, in grade school art class we had to do an entire project in sharpie markers and due to the number of kids you could smell the sharpies from down the hall. By the end of every single class I was nauseous, dizzy, and had a terrible headache. Still to this day whenever I smell a sharpie marker, even indirectly, I instantly get a headache. So I tend to avoid them as much as possible 😅
Dang, y'all were huffing solvents for real. Seems like an oversight of your teacher to let you all use sharpies for the project!

Back