• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pokémon Does anyone else still collect Pokemon cards?

Katattacc

I am actually a cat.
Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Heart Glow Wand
Chocolate Cake
Peach (Fruit)
Mother's Day Carnation
Cherry (Fruit)
I only get them if I find one that I really like, for instance I like to collect the Raichu ones since he's my favorite pokemon. As An adult I feel kind of silly spending my money on them though.
Does anyone else collect them at all? I'm curious.

I want to still collect em but so far I haven't been doing too hot, the new Pokemon cards that come out just feel so fake to me.

Last edited:
I want to still collect em but so far I haven't been doing too hot, the new Pokemon cards that come out just feel so fake to me.

I agree to the fake part. Which is why I only get the ones that are special to me. They still have that same old pokemon card smell tho when you open a new pack which I enjoy :)

I don't anymore. The only reason I might get some packs is for the figures that come with the boxes tbh

Last edited:
When I was in 2nd grade, I used to collect them. I eventually stopped collecting around 4th grade and gave all of my level x sinnoh cards to my brothers friend. I eventually got back into collecting in my 7th grade year, and now I'm sort of collecting.

I still have mine from the 90s, maybe a dozen of them. I haven't purchased any since then.

I just stare at my binder of cards I collected in middle school sometimes for nostalgia lol

I recently found my binder of all of my cards from when I was younger. I keep it handy for when I want to go on a nostalgia trip.

The most "collecting" I'm doing now is slowly ordering every Mr. Mime card for my Mr. Mime collection that I started as a kid but never finished.

I have mine from the 90s, early 00s like the old ones but yeah idek since they switched over to the new one they feel a bit plastic and fake to use tbh.

I don't buy them anymore, or avidly collect them. I actually gave like all of them to a good friend of mine ages ago, but I keep this Mewtwo EX card in my wallet, because I 'MAY have stolen it from a friend's little brother while we were all drunk one night. (Not the kid obviously) He had them thrown all over the house and floor though, and I remember trying to clean them all up, and I was like "Hey, can I keep this one?" and my friend said yes, cuz her bro doesn't notice if he loses cards. Now I have a pretty Mewtwo card in my wallet :) Lol. If someone just like gave me cards or something though, or if I found a super awesome card, I'd keep it. I still like Pok?mon cards, but not enough to go outta my way to collect a ton of them.

I actually started collecting them again after coming off hiatus from HGSS. So far I've only been collecting the Generations boosters, and the full art promos and full art EXs are pretty dang rad. So far I have the Venusaur, Shaymin, x2 Arceus, and Jirachi full art promos; full arts for Sylveon EX, x2 Flareon EX, and x2 Gardevoir EX; and just normal EXs for Blastoise and Jolteon. The pins and figurines included with them are also pretty cool as well. As a matter of fact the pins are the main reason why I bought the boxes in the first place, and the Sylveon EX is what got me hooked on collecting cards again.

Nope, but I have a fat stack of cards that have been siting under my bed for years now.

No, I never really started. I've only ever personally bought a pack and 2 decks, the pack had a full art ex so I sold it, and the decks were very cheap and I wanted the coins. My sister used to collect them, though, so I have a few old ones somewhere that she gave me. Also have a promo pikachu from GAME (as well as the regular swirlix that came with it)

Last edited:
I stopped buying them 2 years ago but I have a few folders and tins of them

I stopped collecting them a few years ago, then started again when I saw the cards that were in the the Generations set. I've been buying the monthly Mythical Pok?mon boxes up to Shaymin and regular booster packs until I had a lot of the cards I wanted. I was always missing the Sylveon full art which was the card I wanted the most. I picked up a Venusaur EX box from my local supermarket, and it did contain the Sylveon I wanted so much, as well as 2 Jolteon EX cards. I haven't bought any more since because I'm happy with the cards I have.

I used to, but I don't anymore. I didn't have anyone to play with, so I got kinda bummed out when I bought them because I felt like I was wasting money... Now I collect magic the gathering cards... but I still don't have anyone to play with T^T

I've still got all of my original cards and shiniest from when I was a kid. Have a massive folded of them somewhere, always used to go to this local shop which sold packs of cards with a guard feed shiny in the packet, great memories. Have considered selling them on a few ocassions but I've actually just started buying some of the new ones. Have to say, it's not the same excitement getting a shiny of a newer Pokemon (anything past the second gen I still consider new) as it is getting a shiny of the original Pokemon, for me at least

I don't even wanna think of the amount of money I have spent on amiibo cards. If you enjoy it, it doesn't make you silly.

I don't collect Pokemon cards anymore but I still have some from a few years back. I like the designs on them. ^_^

Back