Do you trust the government?

the government is us, you know, so hell naw i don't truss it!!!

Last edited:
I dislike a lot about it but overall I believe that government should exist to promote the common good of the citizens. That's why democracy exists.

Depends. Sometimes I'll get really paranoid and believe everyone is out to get me, even the government. But the Australian Commonwealth isn't that bad, so I don't see why I do. The laws are reasonable and I don't really need to be paranoid as I'm not doing anything wrong. But those thoughts only occur to me whenever I'm not paranoid. When I am paranoid, I believe they've implemented a device into my head and they're tracking my thoughts and whereabouts. I hate it.

Not at all, most governments (if not all) don't work for the people, they work for corporations with opposite interests of the people's.

there's no other government like my country's government :blush:

Everyone says they don't trust the government until it comes to what they're telling you to eat. Then it's all 'Of course eggs are good for you! School told me so! Milk gives you strong bones, I saw it on the TV!'. Like damn do you trust the government or not? Or are you just unwilling to admit that your idea of nutrition is completely based on lies that the meat and dairy industries want you to believe?

Don't hate me. This stuff just gets me so mad.

Plain and simple no!
At the end of the day they only care about themselves and their back pockets.
Not to mention that here in Northern Ireland all they do is fight amongst themselves and never agree to anything, I really wish we could get rid of our own government and just go back to direct rule!

No government anywhere, no matter how pristine it may seem on the outside, has corruption somewhere. Whether it is hidden or in your face, you can trust that politicians are self-serving first and foremost because it is the human condition. I don't trust any world governments, but I would acknowledge some are better than others. Ours? It's a dumpster fire.

Well, with the "h I g h l y q u a l I f I e d" "leaders" we've got in the US government now, there's no way that I'm actually able to muster up enough courage to actually trust them

Governments world-wide are so arcane... including the USA's government, yes...

Governments world-wide are so arcane... including the USA's government, yes...

This is just one of the reasons I don't trust government. If I was a leader I would be teaching people not to trust the government, and I would teach to not even trust me, because that is bad practice, people would just start trusting it which is bad.

Last edited:
Nahhh not really, I don't really care tbh I'm pretty neutral with politics as long as he/she's doing his/her job then good...

Not really. They always say one thing then do another, or just make bad choices because they want to fit in.

I especially distrust the us government, but I believe my own governments problems are pure incompetence over malicious intent :p

So while I don't trust the government to not make a hames of things, I think they're just trying to get a long. Oh I also greatly distrust the European Union! after they strong armed us into a yes vote on the lisbon treaty I hate them :D

I especially distrust the us government, but I believe my own governments problems are pure incompetence over malicious intent :p

So while I don't trust the government to not make a hames of things, I think they're just trying to get a long. Oh I also greatly distrust the European Union! after they strong armed us into a yes vote on the lisbon treaty I hate them :D

kind of...? I mean they're doing some pretty horrendously dumb stuff at the minute and I don't really agree with the approach they're taking but I'm not really that into politics. pretty much any government often doesn't commit to their promises and spends ages on redundant arguments, so it's not just where I live I guess.

if I lived in america though, it'd be a definite no for sure

Back