Do you think humanity is naturally good or naturally evil?

Humanity as a whole has some bad eggs and good eggs. Some are evil and some aren't. Mostly I'd say humanity is pretty much neutral. As GrayScreen said, humans are basically animals. The wolf doesn't kill because it is evil, it kills because it needs to eat or it needs to defend itself, the wolf doesn't think it's being evil...I don't think it understands the concept of good and evil. But I do think some humans are straight up bad, but some are genuinely good.

I'd honestly say that most animals care about themselves more than others, we do too, so it makes this question rather hard... Naturally, I'd say "evil", but all-in-all, humanity is pretty good. We're pretty awful to other animals in a world that's pretty awful, but to each other, we're very good. I'd say the of humanity is based on teamwork of billions of small cogs, so it's necessary to be good to each other. This is honestly too hard of a question to answer in a short amount of time! Neutral is fair, but I think animals are as "evil" as us, I think neutral is too... grey of a word.

Last edited:
Evil/Neutral. It's not like in general people try to mess stuff up and do bad things but it's more selfish nature so we end up doing it.

I think good, actually. It's inevitable that they'll be corrupted as a baby. To what extent depends.

leaning more towards evil but there not too much we can do about it

Last edited:
I'd honestly say that most animals care about themselves more than others, we do too, so it makes this question rather hard... Naturally, I'd say "evil", but all-in-all, humanity is pretty good. We're pretty awful to other animals in a world that's pretty awful, but to each other, we're very good. I'd say the of humanity is based on teamwork of billions of small cogs, so it's necessary to be good to each other. This is honestly too hard of a question to answer in a short amount of time! Neutral is fair, but I think animals are as "evil" as us, I think neutral is too... grey of a word.

It's mainly just for survival. Selfish seems to suit it, but whether that's evil or good is variable between person to person. Some people are downright evil, there's been a huge rise in LGBT people murdered. We don't give a damn about our water or our planet. 6 transgender people have been murdered in the street only last month. But there definitely needs to be a change.

its really a combination of things :) people are all born with different levels of selfishness/selflessness! i agree with everyone, some people are born neutral, but some people are born with just natural hate or love not effected by anything irl

We're naturally good. Intolerance is something that's taught. No one is born homophobic or racist or any other trait that leads to being evil.

Good and evil are concepts created by humans. You wouldn't say a dolphin is evil for raping and killing other creatures for fun (one of the few species that do those things for fun, which is why I'm specific) because they're labels essentially created by humanity for humanity, even though we're animals with instincts exactly like a dolphin.

By design we would have to be neutral.

i like to live my life as if everyone is naturally good, even though i know that's not true obviously. i just like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume that they're good people at heart

We're naturally good. Intolerance is something that's taught. No one is born homophobic or racist or any other trait that leads to being evil.

But intolerance had to originate somewhere without being taught first. Even if intolerance is something that's taught and has no biological basis, then why are so many people so receptive to the idea of intolerance? If people were so naturally good, wouldn't most of them have the "instinct" to think that discrimination against people for race, sex, sexuality, etc. is ****ed up? We all love to hate in some way, shape, or form. If you don't hate people because of their race, or gender, or sexuality, then you probably hate the people that do. Humans are a naturally violent species and it isn't just a trait for survival. We're a smart enough species to know that our odds of survival are better if we all cooperate with each other and yet we fight massive wars and all have nukes pointed at each other. Deep down, we all have the urge to kill each other and the only thing stopping us is we don't want to die ourselves, so we agree to try to not hurt each other and if someone does hurt or kill someone else, then the rest of us are more than eager to use that person to satisfy our need to hurt someone.

But intolerance had to originate somewhere without being taught first. Even if intolerance is something that's taught and has no biological basis, then why are so many people so receptive to the idea of intolerance? If people were so naturally good, wouldn't most of them have the "instinct" to think that discrimination against people for race, sex, sexuality, etc. is ****ed up? We all love to hate in some way, shape, or form. If you don't hate people because of their race, or gender, or sexuality, then you probably hate the people that do. Humans are a naturally violent species and it isn't just a trait for survival. We're a smart enough species to know that our odds of survival are better if we all cooperate with each other and yet we fight massive wars and all have nukes pointed at each other. Deep down, we all have the urge to kill each other and the only thing stopping us is we don't want to die ourselves, so we agree to try to not hurt each other and if someone does hurt or kill someone else, then the rest of us are more than eager to use that person to satisfy our need to hurt someone.

We naturally hate people who are different and then those people hate the people who think they are different and the people who don't think they're different hate the people who do think they're different. There's people who have grown up in racist and homophobic households who do not grow up to be homophobic and there's people who have. It's mainly a weakness in spirit, how easy someone can be swayed by someone else's beliefs. They can't decide for themselves and since it's the only thing they know they stick with it for the rest of their lives.

- - - Post Merge - - -

so, like....... did ted bundy not exist in u ppl's world or.....?

Back