• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do You Speak Any Other Languages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychonaut said:
D1llon said:
Yay, make the thread I create close :)
anyway I wanna ask my German teacher to stay after with me maybe like once a week to help me learn the language more, any other recommendations?
just occurred to me, but you could try and use google translate on web pages.

translate them into german, and try to read them, if you already have a basic understanding or whatnot.
I actually kinda did try that once, on a Pokemon wiki (lolololol) that has been translated. But doing that seems more efficient. Also I tried searching for like chats for people who speak German and hardly anything came up, oh well...

I wish I knew some tagalog.
feels degrading not knowing your own country's national language.

D1llon said:
anyway I wanna ask my German teacher to stay after with me maybe like once a week to help me learn the language more, any other recommendations?
Practice practice practice. When you don't use things, you forget them, and language is the first thing that goes.

Also, try speaking it as much as you can. It will help you learn it better and that way you will be able to recall things on your feet. Every now and again my spanish teacher gives us "conversation pop quizzes" where we have to have a conversation with someone.

D1llon said:
Psychonaut said:
D1llon said:

translate them into german, and try to read them, if you already have a basic understanding or whatnot.
I actually kinda did try that once, on a Pokemon wiki (lolololol) that has been translated. But doing that seems more efficient. Also I tried searching for like chats for people who speak German and hardly anything came up, oh well...
I go to websites and read/watch the news in spanish.

D1llon said:
Psychonaut said:
D1llon said:

You should test your German with me sometime.

Ehingen Guy said:
D1llon said:
Psychonaut said:
D1llon said:

Oh god yes!

My teacher isn't really that great, in like 75 days total she taught our class, classroom objects, nominative and accusative cases of the, mine, yours, and "a". Also foods, hobbies, weather, pretty basic grammar rules/verbs and conjugating them. Now we are learning helping verbs like muessen, moechten, and wollen (sorry no umlauts :p)

German, Japanese and English were my first languages. Later on I learned Mandarin and a bit of Korean. I took a spanish class in high school but It hasn't really stuck with me.

D1llon said:
Ehingen Guy said:
D1llon said:
Psychonaut said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Oh god yes!

My teacher isn't really that great, in like 75 days total she taught our class, classroom objects, nominative and accusative cases of the, mine, yours, and "a". Also foods, hobbies, weather, pretty basic grammar rules/verbs and conjugating them. Now we are learning helping verbs like muessen, moechten, and wollen (sorry no umlauts :p)
There's a proverb: "The German language is a difficult language." I know from experience. The German grammar was always difficult for me when I was in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back