• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Do you put bedroom furniture in main living room?

No. I don't even stay within the same set sometimes. My rooms are themed the way a house room would be and I don't really think the main living room looks right with a bed? Then again it's set up in a way where I can't really *fit* a bed, so there's that. I do use a lot of duplicates though.

When people use beds in their living rooms or other rooms it confuses me as to which room is the actual bedroom.

Sometimes. I change my main rooms now and then.

In some of my houses I make the main room like a studio apartment. Other times it is like a living room. In one it is more of courtyard...but I put a leaf bed in that one. lol.

Last edited:
I personally have the ice set in my main room and have both the closet and the bed so I think it's fine to have bedroom items in your main room even if its not a bedroom =3 Though you don't really need a wardrobe if you are planning on using the dresser =3

I have the rococo set in my living room too! I never thought anything odd about having a bed in the living room, lol. I guess I just love the set so much, and it looks so elegant to me. I have it with a fireplace, and afternoon tea set, so it's like a very old fashioned fancy pantsy room. IDK, if I could live in that house IRL, I totally would...so even though it's slightly odd now that I thin about it, I wouldn't change a thing.

BTW, it's spelled "chaise" lol ;)

I have the gorgeous set in my living room. Initially I also placed the bed somewhere to complete the set but I realized it doesn't really look good there and it takes a lot of space so I took it off and I'm thinking of what to put in replacement. I have everything else from the set in my living room though. Although I have the sloppy set in the basement and I put the sloppy bed there (which I don't think is as bad as the bed in the living room).

The HHA Theme challenge requires all pieces of a set to be used and I did. Now that I have completed that challenge in Cat Cove, I am making my mayor's home to be like an actual home. Living room, kitchen, bath, and bedrooms is what I am now working on. My other two houses will have a theme room in each room with all pieces, much like a Bed & Breakfast. Gem Isle will have a medical center but that is down the road. I have a feeling there will be another long winter ahead that I can use the time to play my towns as I like. :)

I'd say use the wardrobe, because styled right it could look like a closet, which rooms have.

I don't keep beds in any room but the bedroom(s), I like to think of my house like a real house, where I don't keep beds in the living room.

I have the Princess set in my main room, it looks funny to have a bed there but I like that piece of furniture a lot so I don't mind.

I recently started visiting more dream houses for my badge, and I really like the rooms that don't have a complete series in them. They look much more natural and interesting. I have always put sets - and beds - together in 3 or 4 rooms of a house, but I'm ready for a change! It looks harder to coordinate, but I'll give it a try.

Last edited:
Back in the GameCube and on Wild World I never put beds in the main room, which I always use as a living room, and here in New Leaf I didn't plan on doing it either. But I did, for that bonus yo. I do it all for those sweet HHA points.

I feel so cheap now.

Back