• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you put bedroom furniture in main living room?

No. I don't even stay within the same set sometimes. My rooms are themed the way a house room would be and I don't really think the main living room looks right with a bed? Then again it's set up in a way where I can't really *fit* a bed, so there's that. I do use a lot of duplicates though.

When people use beds in their living rooms or other rooms it confuses me as to which room is the actual bedroom.

Sometimes. I change my main rooms now and then.

In some of my houses I make the main room like a studio apartment. Other times it is like a living room. In one it is more of courtyard...but I put a leaf bed in that one. lol.

Last edited:
I personally have the ice set in my main room and have both the closet and the bed so I think it's fine to have bedroom items in your main room even if its not a bedroom =3 Though you don't really need a wardrobe if you are planning on using the dresser =3

I have the rococo set in my living room too! I never thought anything odd about having a bed in the living room, lol. I guess I just love the set so much, and it looks so elegant to me. I have it with a fireplace, and afternoon tea set, so it's like a very old fashioned fancy pantsy room. IDK, if I could live in that house IRL, I totally would...so even though it's slightly odd now that I thin about it, I wouldn't change a thing.

BTW, it's spelled "chaise" lol ;)

I have the gorgeous set in my living room. Initially I also placed the bed somewhere to complete the set but I realized it doesn't really look good there and it takes a lot of space so I took it off and I'm thinking of what to put in replacement. I have everything else from the set in my living room though. Although I have the sloppy set in the basement and I put the sloppy bed there (which I don't think is as bad as the bed in the living room).

The HHA Theme challenge requires all pieces of a set to be used and I did. Now that I have completed that challenge in Cat Cove, I am making my mayor's home to be like an actual home. Living room, kitchen, bath, and bedrooms is what I am now working on. My other two houses will have a theme room in each room with all pieces, much like a Bed & Breakfast. Gem Isle will have a medical center but that is down the road. I have a feeling there will be another long winter ahead that I can use the time to play my towns as I like. :)

I'd say use the wardrobe, because styled right it could look like a closet, which rooms have.

I don't keep beds in any room but the bedroom(s), I like to think of my house like a real house, where I don't keep beds in the living room.

I have the Princess set in my main room, it looks funny to have a bed there but I like that piece of furniture a lot so I don't mind.

I recently started visiting more dream houses for my badge, and I really like the rooms that don't have a complete series in them. They look much more natural and interesting. I have always put sets - and beds - together in 3 or 4 rooms of a house, but I'm ready for a change! It looks harder to coordinate, but I'll give it a try.

Last edited:
Back in the GameCube and on Wild World I never put beds in the main room, which I always use as a living room, and here in New Leaf I didn't plan on doing it either. But I did, for that bonus yo. I do it all for those sweet HHA points.

I feel so cheap now.

Back