Do you prefer voice chat or text chat in games?

I definitely prefer text because whenever I’ve been in voice chat people have always made comments about my accent lol, I don’t mind it if I’m playing with irl friends though

Text chat most definitely. I’ve always gotten made fun of in the past because I have a lower voice for a woman. I think it’s pleasant but other people have told me it’s not girly enough. So me and my “man voice” decided to bypass the anxiety around that and text chat! 😂

Text chat. I can’t imagine doing voice chat with a bunch of people I don’t know, I’d be way too nervous. But if it’s with friends I know IRL, then definitely voice chat!!

Definitely text only when I don’t know the person. However, for friends and family, voice chat is nice to have. Get messages across faster than text.

If I can use my mother language and I play with at least one friend I know irl, I'm ok to use voice chat otherwise I prefer text.

Text. The few times I did vc with random people on discord, I hardly spoke because I was afraid of how my voice sounded compared to the rest of them. But for friends, I'm fine with vc. I mostly don't like vc because of the fact that people judge me cuz of my voice. I'm just more comfy with texting.

I don't play games that require voice chat, but I remember once I wanted someone's help to clean up my island and I offered to explain everything over voice chat!

I'd probably prefer text though if I ever did play with randos online since I'm a ~girl~ and don't wanted to endure certain comments ha ha...

I like voice chatting a lot. It depends on the game but if it's more casual, I will definitely try it out with strangers. Talking and being able to hear other people's voices is fun.
I also don't mind typing/texting either.

Usually I prefer text chat, though I recognize that for games like shooters you basically have to use voice chat if you want your team to be coherent.

voice chat for friends, text for strangers I guess. honestly the idea of talking to people I don't know in online games really irritates my social anxiety. games like overwatch have ruined both voice and text chat for me tbh

I prefer text chat though i used to use voice chat in overwatch. I no longer play overwatch (mostly because i have no sub) and either way, I always prefer text chat since i really can’t articulate my thoughts or form my thoughts fast.

text in general, voice for friends. honestly i don't really like to talk much in general when i'm playing multiplayer games unless i have to, and so in that case i'd prefer text chat -- but i play a lot of games with my friends that require voice chat to work smoothly (we've been playing don't starve together lately, for one, and i think it's a lot easier to warn them that i just accidentally spawned a giant tree monster verbally than via discord chat) so if it's with people i'm comfortable with, i'm good

I think it varies depending on the game and who I'm playing with, but generally I prefer doing voice chat with my friends, but text chat with people who I don't know or who I'm not that comfortable with.

I use text chat. I don’t like my voice, and honestly I keep my gender a secret when playing online. I’ve had a few people on XBOX Live harassing me and telling me I should go back to the kitchen after finding out I am a female. That’s why I’ve stopped using voice chat. I used to use it all the time during online play for NHL, but half the tine people would literally ask “who’s the chick?” after I say even one word. It’s a shame that people freak out if they see a girl playing sports games online.

I like the idea of voice chat, simply for speed, but I haven't tried it, and I still prefer text.

i prefer text chat. if i did voice chat my mom would yell at me for talking to strangers, and plus i dont think anyone would want to hear my voice.

Back