• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you make quick, bad houses in HHP to make quick money? (Or do you put effort into all vacay homes?)

TheKpopObsessed

Bells
If it is a good villager I will make a great house but if I’m broke-i in Poki and it is my sworn enemy like, Beardo or something, I will make it super empty and get POKI BAGS, POKI BAAAGS, WATCH IT FALLING FOR ME I LOVE THE WAY THAT FEELS :3

I actually never make a rushed home! It's why I've still only made probably 50 villager homes--they all take multiple hours. I always try to design something that matches their request and the furniture they select. I haven't made a new home in months, but I never really thought it sounded fun to phone in one of my design jobs. It would kind of break the immersion for me, I think.

I will try and do my best to suit the villagers requirements. When I'm looking through my catalogue to choose items in HHP, there are always items I forgot I had! It is useful in that respect too as I often go and order an item I have forgotten about, via the Nook Shopping app or in Resident Services.

I avoid making it a habit. Rarely, when I find myself stuck on what to do, I might leave it unfinished, but I don't want that much procrastination in a video game as well.

Why would I want to leave a vacation home empty? It’s always important for me to put my effort into those houses. Besides, I want something I can proudly look back to when I get older.

I always put effort into every vacation home that I design! That doesn’t mean that they’ll be good (and oftentimes, they’re not LOL), but I always put effort into matching the vacation home’s theme, including all of the items that the villager asks for, and spending enough time on the home that the villager will give me a gift the next day! I usually don’t decorate the outside though, and I always only do one-story homes, but I put as much effort as I can into the interior!

Decorating is overwhelming and exhausting for me, so my vacation homes usually don’t turn out as good as I’d like them to, but I always put effort into making them at least pleasant to look at! I’ve never been so strapped for Poki that I’ve made a quick, half-assed home. The only time I did that was when I was honestly too tired to be playing lol, but I went back and fixed it the next day once I’d rested and was in the mood to play again.

I give them what they ask for.

'I want a standup comedy hour'
(Gives them a small room, with a mic in the front, and a smelly fish on a table in the center.)

'I want a cool robot house'
(Small sad room with a pull-string ceiling light)
MV5BMGM3ZjM3NTMtOWI2Zi00MTMyLWJiNmQtZmUyMmViMDhlZjgyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Sometimes I put effort into them, but most times I was just trying to get a certain item that I could buy from Wardell and said villager I was designing for would catalogue it in his menu once I was done their room.

About 99% of the time, I put forth full effort behind designing the Happy Home Paradise homes. The interior decorating has always been one of the most important aspects of Animal Crossing games to me and that aspect is sorely lacking in the main game of New Horizons due to the ridiculously small side and back rooms and awkward proportions of the attic and basement in the fully expanded player houses. As such, I utilize Happy Home Paradise to let my creativity flow.

Depending on what the three required items are, sometimes I just throw them outside on the lawn. The villagers don't care either way so long as you use them somehow.

All that said, I've definitely done bare minimum rush jobs on a few occasions when I need to order a certain item from Wardell for an event here on the forums. If I remember to do so, I'll go back and do an actual good job later.

It may depend if I have an idea for their home (Lionel your house can't be full of toliets, this gives me no imagation!!), usually I have an idea, and work effortly on it. Sometimes if it takes too long, I may quickly finish up, forgetting to do the outsides or add wall, or gyroids. Or even the dusting thing.
Sometimes, I just wanna move on and see who appears in their spot next; hoping its a villager I rather work on.

Sometimes, if it gets super annoying, I challenge myself to have the house small, so it limits what items there are. It helps if you just want poki, but I have so much poki.

I also forget to like, do roommates. I forget how I even start that again, but that adds more work and imaination to see who will work out wiht who, and how I should design their place. Though I think with roommates, you can REALLY deck out a big house with two floors.

But it all kinda depends on their idea in the first place, if I have the right items, and care to even bother making it great. Best thing is we can always go back and redo them, so I'm not ever worried on it.

I think the one I took the most care and challenge was Molly's publishing idea. She wanted it small, so I did my best to make the down stairs publishing area small, cosy; but easy to work in for her and her two 'colleagues'
While upstairs was where they put their stuff and have a lil kitchen, and sitting area. Since Molly likes nature her publishing room was all about nature~

I have very little creativity so I often start and have no idea where to go from there. Or if I see a villager I want to design the house of but I can’t think of what to do, I’ll just open the boxes and say it’s complete 😂 I do intend to someday go back to those but I haven’t yet

I only take houses seriously on my main player account on Wahu. As for the second Wahu player and the one on my backup island, I rush through the houses as quickly as possible to unlock everything.

It's funny how I can literally make insides of houses look like empty shacks and villagers love it:

HHP-BB Walker.jpg

But come on, Walker deserved better than this.

I take my time with decorating the villager homes! Even if I don't get the benefits for my own house, I know damn well that I'm not gonna go back once I reap the poki/HHP rewards, so I actually decorate the houses. Plus, it's a good way to pass the time and play NH when you get bored of the base game.

I always start out trying to make a rushed home, especially when I'm trying to buy a piece of furniture. Then I get a quick idea and have to try it out. Before I know it I've spent hours designing a home for a villager I don't actually even like that much.

There is an easy way to make quick poki.

First of all, I do put in the effort to design a quality vacation home for the villagers, even if I don't like the theme or even the villager.

But if you want to make quick poki, go back and remodel a home. All it takes is moving one item to a different space and you get the remodeling pay. I have a villager with garden gnomes in their outdoor area. I just swap gnome positions and make more poki each time.

I used to put actual effort into them, even if I didn't like the villager. And I would do full on photoshoots for them, at least half of my switch's photo album is HHP lol. But now I've gotten really lazy with it and just either want the Poki or need to use a certain villager so I can order a specific item from Wardell 😖

On my main character I tried to make them all nice fitting homes. When I went through it four more times for my other characters, to unlock HHP features, I just did the bare minimum to rush through it, and still took a very long time. 😮‍💨

Back