Do you judge people by how long they have been on TBT?

Definitely, but only when it comes to trading, and usually only if they have no wi-fi ratings or joined earlier that day. Otherwise, the time you spend on here doesn't really matter in my opinion.

No, not really- I'm fairly new here, too. I judge people on their reviews. (and the way they relate to people)

I'm kind of new to the forums, but I already have 4K posts so yeah.

I'm just really cautious when they're SUPER new and want to buy a villager or trade items.

I try not to let newcomers into my game.

I'm pretty new myself, I've only been using this site for like a week or so (despite when I made it). So I try not to judge newcomers. But if I see they're VERY new, don't have their friend code under their avatar, and no wifi feedback then I'm going be cautious. Whether I'm paying tbt or igb I'm not trying to get scammed lol, this tbt is becoming harder to come by.

Last edited:
im always careful with people who only recently joined, by recently, i mean like maybe a few weeks or so. If they are still pretty new but they have a good amount of wifi-feedbacks, i'll be willing to trade.

I'm pretty sure most people do to some extent. I know I do and I'm new here as well, I haven't even been here for a month haha. I'm still trying to figure out everything on here, but it's a nice place. :) I tend to be more cautious around people who haven't gotten any W-Fi ratings though, or super new people who've barely interacted or posted.

Hmmm, even new people have to start somewhere if they want to do trades and stuff like that. I joined recently for the sole purpose of trading. That said, I do completely understand why someone would be wary of doing a trade with someone brand new with no WiFi score at all.

Sometimes I'll check to see if someone is new if they're doing something that seems out of the norm. Like I had asked a question about trading fish, and someone said that wasn't possible in the game. Now if I saw someone asking that I'd probably think that they were new too.

no, the amount of time theyve been on the forums doesnt affect my trust towards them. in general, im cautious when it comes to trading with everyone, regardless of how long theyve been around. theres barely anyone whod actually go through the trouble of making a new acc for the purpose of spamming unless they're really stupid, so i dont see why people are so paranoid over having to be extra careful while trading with them. the only thing i look out for is their wi-fi rating

I don't actually. I like to judge them by the type of posts they make, whether nice or not, and if a trade goes wrong, i can always wifi switch. That said, I'm still a newbie myself :p

I'd always be cautious when dealing with new people, though still up for trades. However, I'm really new here, so I'm not going to judge newbies

I'm actually not quite sure. I've only done a number of few trades here, and even I myself am extremely careful because one wrong move could cost me a negative feedback from someone - and I really wouldn't want that to happen since I am new. I'm cautious of both old and new people, but I tend to be wary around the newer members (even if I'm a really new member here too XD). It doesn't change the way I treat them, but it's something about not knowing a little about someone like how they're wifi ratings are just makes me more tentative.

Yeah, I kind of do. It's not a conscious thing, it's more like, "oh, they're new here... hmm."
It doesn't really affect how I treat them, but I still notice it I guess?

Basically this. I see they're new, and that they're perfectly capable of being a shady person since I don't know them. But it doesn't change how we communicate very much.

I'm wary of people who literally join the forum and their first post is asking for rlc art, they're usually really good but it is a still a little risky in my opinion but I won't judge them for other things than asking for RLC

Last edited:
Back