• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Do you have a powersave solely for the backup feature?

Do you have a powersave solely for the backup feature?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • No!

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters

daynapapaya

llama llama duck
Bells
Switch
7339-9283-7403
Winter Mittens
I know it's a touchy topic, but after seeing so many "save file corrupted" topics in the forum recently, and asking myself why I would ever want to go through that when there's such an easy solution on the market, I caved in and bought a powersave solely for the backup feature. I now have a backup of my precious Noveon, which is almost complete after 2-ish years. I'm curious to know if anyone else has one and uses it just for back-ups.

(I apologize if this topic isn't allowed? I checked the forum rules but I couldn't find anything about it...or maybe I'm blind or something...)

I'm sure this will end up being locked soon, but yes. I own one just for the ability to back up my towns. I got one after my boyfriend's town corrupted, and he has a physical copy, so regardless of whether or not it's more common to have corruption issues with digital copies, I don't want to risk losing everything I've been working on for two plus years.

I wonder why it would be locked. I don't support cheating at all. I just don't want years of hard work being flushed down the drain over something preventable, and I think it's a discussion worth having. There SHOULD be a backup feature readily available by Nintendo for this kind of game, imo, since they *know* there's a likelihood of save files being corrupted at any time for any reason. Nintendo should offer a backup service for cartridge games within the 3DS console (like an app or something). Then that way they can regulate it themselves instead of having to worry about people using powersaves and being tempted to cheat.

I don't see why it should get locked, though it probably will. You're not advocating hacking; you're just asking about backups.

I use the Powersave for backing up my games. Unfortunately, I'm not the safest person when it comes to handling stuff, so I always fear accidentally corrupting my save, which is why I back it up occasionally.

i didn't know powersaves did this! i kinda want to get one just for this reason aha..;_; pretty cheap price to pay to ensure you won't lose your save file to save corruption.

Ahhh I would if my main town wasn't a digital copy. I've spent over 2000 hours on it and one of my biggest fears is that it'll corrupt someday. My other two towns are physical but I don't care about them as much.

Reese, there's no way at all to back up your digital copy? That's really sad. I hope that with the next handheld console they release, Nintendo includes some kind of back-up feature for both cartridge & digital games.

I don't have one. I don't really know why, but I for some reason don't have one. :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

Reese, there's no way at all to back up your digital copy? That's really sad. I hope that with the next handheld console they release, Nintendo includes some kind of back-up feature for both cartridge & digital games.

Or maybe they should just make it harder for the cartridges to corrupt?

I don't have a powersave. I really wish I did, though. I keep on hearing about other people on here having their save files corrupting and losing up to 2 years' worth of hard work. I really don't want the same thing to happen to me.

Last edited:
Or maybe they should just make it harder for the cartridges to corrupt?
Haha, that too...although when it comes to electronics, there's always something that could go wrong anyway, no matter how fail-proof it is. Like, what if I accidentally dropped my 3DS off a cliff? If Nintendo had an online backup system, maybe I could just buy a new ACNL cartridge, call up Nintendo, and they transfer my old game data onto the new cartridge! Although, now this is sounding pretty unrealistic...but, you get the idea xD

None that I know of that's been 100% proven.... I might've reconsidered my decision to get the digital version if I'd known then, but I don't think powersaves for 3DS existed yet two years ago anyway. It would be amazing to have some sort of online backup feature, if that became feasible sometime in the future!

Haha, that too...although when it comes to electronics, there's always something that could go wrong anyway, no matter how fail-proof it is. Like, what if I accidentally dropped my 3DS off a cliff? If Nintendo had an online backup system, maybe I could just buy a new ACNL cartridge, call up Nintendo, and they transfer my old game data onto the new cartridge! Although, now this is sounding pretty unrealistic...but, you get the idea xD

The real question is, what are you doing near that cliff with your 3DS?? I also don't think your DS would be playable after falling that distance anyway... xD
Since the digital copy is through the SD card, I've seen people say they can back up their data on their computer, but I've also seen people say that when they try to use their backups, they're corrupted. I'm too nervous to try it >.<
But yeah, I hope they come out with some legitimate back-up system for games in the future.

Last edited:
Back