• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you feel like your island is too big or too small?

Is your island too big or too small?

• Too Big

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • Too Small

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Just the Right Size

Votes: 35 18.0%
  • Too Big and Too Small at the same time

Votes: 71 36.6%

• Total voters
Thought I was the only one who felt that way! It feels smaller than ACGC and ACCF but it's so much bigger than ACWW and ACNL. I guess it would feel bigger if there wasn't the option to decorate outside.

For whatever wack reason, my island feels too small for me to strategically place villager homes in a way that I like without having terraforming unlocked yet, but at the same time I feel like I have very little decorations in all of the open spaces around the homes!!!!!! AAAAH

Right now, I think that it's a good size, but I could always use more decorating space. I'll probably think that it's too small if they add any good furniture that I can't replace anything I already have outside with in the future.

I think it’s the right size for me just because I barely terraform and that only two profiles play the game. However, I can’t see how you can fit eight people on one island. It’s surely going to be cramped if that’s the case and you might not have enough room to let your creative juices flowing.

Too big when I'm running around for dailies or trying to catch a specific bug/fish/etc.
Too small when thinking of all the many more villagers I wish I could have in one town...and sections to design.

Too small... I sometimes find myself thinking other people have bigger islands than I do, but I do find that thought ridiculous, because I know that everyone's islands are the same size, but I still can't help but have that thought from time-to-time.

Mine feels like it's twice the size from when I started back in march, hahah. Thankfully it gives me enough space for a gnome forest and some fields I've been wanting to try out. But to answer the question: mine feels too big. o_O

It felt big when i started palying for the first time but it feels smaller now especially since i keep finding more ideas for new areas.

Mine feels both too big and too small. I like to keep the upper sections of my island more natural, and those areas feel difficult to fill. But the 'developed' town section of my island feels too small at times.

Too small. I like to have wide open spaces, just grass and trees and lately feel more and more cramped.
It's not bad though, and I would say the size is about right, though I wouldn't mind if it were bigger. :)

To big AND too small because there's a lot I want to add but the size of empty space is overwhelming

I just got my own Island yesterday, so I’m mostly just feeling overwhelmed 😣

It’s both. On the one hand, I feel like it’s kind of cramped, on the other hand I have quite a few empty spots and I’ve managed to squeeze a lot of crap in some pretty compact spaces.

Reactions: JSS
It’s constantly just both. On one hand, I have a spot that is really open but I have no ideas for it and it is jus barren. On the other hand, I have a nice little area that could be perfect if I just had a little bit more room! I have a lot of space on the east part of my island that I am just searching to try and put a fun little park or something, but I’m coming up empty.

Too big. I want either more villagers or more shops. I've tried to create some themed areas on my own without NPC buildings but it just never looks quite right.

Mine felt too small at the beginning, when the villagers' houses were spread out. Ever since I moved them into a residential area, then my island feels pretty big. It's not too big though.

Back