• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Do you feel like your island is too big or too small?

Is your island too big or too small?

• Too Big

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • Too Small

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Just the Right Size

Votes: 35 18.0%
  • Too Big and Too Small at the same time

Votes: 71 36.6%

• Total voters
I’d really enjoy just a tiny bit more space, like just 10-15 more tiles. I feel like for a tropical island it’s kinda small :/ plus I like having wide open areas but I’m scared they’ll take up too much space and I’ll run out of room for everything else

Too small... I would love more space to decorate and be able to have larger yards for my villager houses :rolleyes:

I certainly wish that my island could be bigger, but that's unlikely to happen! Overall I am pleased with my island, I feel that it's just the right size.

i’m kind of in the middle. i’ve visited so many islands that have looked and felt absolutely massive to the point where my island now feels ridiculously small but at the same time, my island can also feel pretty big at times, especially when i’m trying to decorate >_<

My island has never really felt ‘big’ for me. At times it feels way too small because I want to jam so much concepts/ideas in there but I lack the space to do so. But now that I’ve finally sort out my neighbourhood, with all these houses are concentrated in one area, there’s more space on my island to finally decorate so I’m starting to feel like my island is just the right size. Still wish we could somehow expand it a little though.

I alternate between too small and too big as well! I wish I had room for more than 10 villagers, but I definitely wouldn't know how to decorate an even bigger island! I like having my player house secluded in the back, but then my island feels huge when I have to run back and forth! In the end though, I do think it's a good size, I just get finicky! 😅

on the one hand I have some open spaces that I have no idea what to do with, and making the trek all the way to Redd is never fun, but equally I find myself unable to find enough spaces to carry out certain ideas? so yeah, simultaneously too big and too small

While decorating, there are times when I wish that the island was bigger. However, part of the fun is being given the size constraint and doing what I can with it.

I'm not exactly sure how to answer this. I certainly don't want less space! But the fact that Nintendo kept the 10 villager limit while doubling the size of the island just makes it feel kind of . . . sad. I can walk through half of my town and not see any signs of life. There are only three buildings to place besides my own house. I have so much land to fill and so few buildings, and they didn't include much in the way of large or interactive outdoor items either. I feel uninspired in my decorating because while I love making my town beautiful, I'm not really into decorating for its own sake. I liked creating a town in New Leaf because all the different public buildings made it feel like I was improving a big social space that all my villagers were going to use. In NH I can design a lovely waterfall area with a bridge and little bushes and yet in hundreds of hours of gameplay, I've only ever seen a villager in that area one time. And I certainly haven't bunched up everyone in my town! They're all spread out and yet they only stand right outside their homes or congregate at Resident Services. I wish so badly for the option to invite 2-5 more villagers and truly utilize all this empty space.

I feel like for what I want, it's just the right size. I still have two large spots on my island that I don't really know what to do with.
I'm happy with the map size though as I continue slowly decorating it.

I think right now my island is just the right size. A good portion of it is decorated while I still have some empty spots I'm waiting to get inspired by. If my island was any bigger it would be overwhelming, and if it was any smaller I wouldn't have enough space to incorporate all of my ideas. HOWEVER if the developers suddenly add a bunch of new buildings in future updates, then I would start to worry my island is too small!

It's starting to feel a little small for me. There is definitely room for me to create all of the areas I would want to have around, but at the same time I am starting to miss the paths and bits of nature that I was able to have between these places when I first started the island. I wouldn't even mind if the island was a whole lot bigger so that you could long roads to travel on.

Maybe that way I wouldn't find myself constantly distracted from where I was trying to go either.

The island feels small. Row A across is literally used up by the ocean.

I've always found the map too large as I prefer designing smaller areas and keeping things close-knit (but not cramped). I have a lot of open areas - namely parks, the museum, and my entrance - and leave plenty of space for visitors and villagers to walk without smacking into a tree or item all the time.

Only have one player character on my island, though.

Actually i have a great space without any decoration (i just need to think about it), the other half is decorate... so yes, i feel my island is about in right size.

i feel like mine is too big :/ only half of my island is partially finished and i know what I want to do with the other half but i have no idea how im gonna fill it up

Back