• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you ever find yourself craving a second town??

YES! I've got two different design/theme ideas and I really want a second island to at least do one of them. I can't do this on my current island because I will have to look for specific villagers to fit that theme and I don't want to do that on my main island because I have a lot of other villagers that I like :(

Im starting my 2nd island in about an hour.. I craved it hard lol

So im making a new island in an opposite hemisphere.. Open for villager trades.. With hybrid farms and event room.. Everything my main island is missing

Currently with how the game is lacking so much that NL and the other games had, I'm really not that bothered about making a 2nd town. I made two towns in NL and my other games, but there was so much more to do and so many other ways to decorate. If you check other people's islands out right now, most of them are kind of similar. So this game needs a lot more going and a lot more ways to decorate and be creative for me to feel like my creative flow wouldn't be restricted to what I already have done.

Yes! I would really love to make a second island and also have access to 2 different shops and hopefully 2 diff color variations at each shop a day.

Yes because I want to make a Dog island but don’t have the money.
Post automatically merged:

I don't crave a second island, I just wish we could truly change everything. Sometimes I just like different things more.
Yes I wish we can change our island and players names.

Yes because I want to make a Dog island but don’t have the money.
Post automatically merged:

Yes I wish we can change our island and players names.

THIS

I want to change my island name so bad

Would love another island to just mess around in and experiment with different themes and terraforming and different sets of villagers (8 is just not enough). Can we just have one town per cart like they did with ACNL. Nintendo pls I will literally go out and buy another game for this

Technically, I have two islands but the other one is used to get villagers and stuff. I'm not going to make another main island until I'm completely satisfied with my current, at least, aesthetically.. I'm craving to build another house if anything, but that may come if I create another island.

Continually! There are so many things I want to do, but trying to cram them all into one island will have me feeling unsatisfied about having to compromise on all of them. I'm making do the best I can, but it would be so great to be able to make at least one more island to really go hard on a thematic design.

I do, but only because I want to be able to have more villagers. In all other ways I think it’d be a lot of work! And I already spend so much time playing!

I always find myself wanting a second town, especially for all the different villagers I want. Part of me wishes that I could afford one. But it is tempting lol.

Of course, for me I've based my towns on seasons, so in NL I had a spring town, in NH I have a summer island, and in the next game I'd love to have a fall town!

Having multiple games at once is too overwhelming for me, and too expensive now that you'd need a whole separate switch for a second NH island

I kind of do just because I want to start fresh on a new island but I’m not mentally prepared to reset my first island

I’ve thought about it. My son has a switch, so I could conceivably play on that. However, I just don’t have time for a second game. Maybe someday.

Not really. I've never had a desire to have multiple towns anyways.

With summer school about to start soon, I really don't think I'll have enough time to manage one town let alone two. The huge cost of having two islands is also very off-putting, considering that it would be the cost of a console and another game. I can't imagine using a second console for anything else useful, so it'd be a no from me.

OFC! I’m not content with only 10 villagers living on my island, I NEED MORE! Also, even though my island is a mess rn, I want to start off with a clean slate! :)

I'd love to. But only because I don't want to reset and destroy my first island and put all my hardwork to waste. :p

Yeees I'd love to...

I'd love to have a file where I can't just take it easy, do whatever I feel like doing, reset, not reset, take randoms in, just have fun!

Don't get me wrong, my main island is plenty of fun but every decision on it seems like a big deal! I've invested so many hours on it, resetting is not an option for me, half of my villagers I DO NOT want to move out. It's my project, it's my baby, I cherish it.

However I'd love to be able to experience a whole new island, where things matter less haha.
Also I just love the feeling of starting a town from scratch, discovering new villagers, building it up...

I went to my friends yesterday and she had played VERY LITTLE (She was just building her very first bridge to be able to get the 3 starter plots) and it felt so great to experience the very beginnings again.

I don't really believe they'll ever change the saves system to make it 1 island per cartridge, but I'd definitely buy one or 2 more copies of the game if they do.
Another switch is not an option though. Money wise for sure, it'd be an inconsiderate expense on my part. But mostly just because I hate that they did that and refuse to cave in and buy another switch like they intend for you to do.

Long story short, yes I do, I crave a second and maybe a third island, but unless they change the actual file system it's not happening.
I started WW and NL towns on the side to satisfy the craving hehe

Back