• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Do you ever find yourself craving a second town??

Yesss all the time! Although it might be because it's extremely difficult to change things around (for example if I wanted to tear something down I'd have to remove the furniture, remove custom path, remove actual path... etc)

i do 100%. i even have ideas jotted down for it if i ever decide to splurge and buy a new switch and game lmao

This. And I don’t know if it’s just me but honestly, re-terraforming your whole island seems to be more time consuming than resetting and starting from scratch. Of course, I don’t want to restart but when I think about taking down things and plan a redesign, something in me just knows it’ll be less fussy to just start over. I just never act on it.

I think this is partially why I want another town, because it'd also allow me to do things the way I want to now that I know better, without wrecking what I worked so hard to do initially. I've worked so hard on my town that I don't act on it because I just feel so... I don't know e.e; Bad? I guess? Like "damn, did all this for nothing."

oh thanks for telling me though, i didn't know that. i should avoid as well. i feel like after playing ac from the switch, i'd prefer just playing from the XL.

YES. you said it the way i was thinking. i miss having the spontaneous town. i wouldn't DARE do it on acnh especially since it's so new. on my other acnl town i don't even feel bad even when a dreamie leaves, because it's just what it is and i like that. sometimes because i am a little bit (tbh a little bit is a lie) controlling, so it was nice having a new leaf town where things flow naturally.

Where the 2ds is concerned, it's a much smaller screen but the 2ds XL is great. I love mine. I had gotten it shortly after it came out for my birthday and I'd STILL be playing it if I didn't need to buy a new charger (Hi, I have four cats and of the four cats, one has no teeth due to age + a genetic disorder, the other two are kittens and one is a 6 year old who should know better but nope =) He chews on any wire he can if I don't act fast enough. The kittens? They are WELL behaved, but... the 6 year old? Nooooope.)

And yeah, the whole spontaneous town was FUN, but it was never my main town. So having secondary towns to do what I wanted with just was awesome. I miss it so much q.q

Only every day. Because I need more than 10 villagers, there’s so many I’d love to have 😭 I don’t even think I’d terraform

I feel you. I feel you so much XD I do think I would terraform, but other than that I love to have a kind of random feel to it.

Yesss all the time! Although it might be because it's extremely difficult to change things around (for example if I wanted to tear something down I'd have to remove the furniture, remove custom path, remove actual path... etc)
YES!!!!! I think that's my biggest issue, when I started the game I did so much not knowing I'd want to change SO much and while I did change a lot, it's a process for sure.

i do 100%. i even have ideas jotted down for it if i ever decide to splurge and buy a new switch and game lmao
HA, me too. I know the themes I want to go for, but I'd need like 2 more switches (not to mention a 3rd for my mom, who wants to play) in order to do it and I can't justify that price lol

i do have the urge but i also get overwhelmed whenever i've had multiple towns and it kinda ruins the fun for me. i usually reach for a new town when i've been playing too much and instead of slowing down, i try to find something new to do.

this will probably be the only AC game that i will have a painfully hard time resetting on. i've collected almost every DIY, cataloged a ton of furniture, and can't see myself going through that again for a new town. it also will be harder now that there is more of a lull in player activity (though totally possible lol).

i wish i could finish this island, and then "move" to a new one, with the option of visiting it (and all my perfect bb villagers) again.

I sometimes catch myself thinking that a second island would be cool, simply for the sake of having „something else“ to work with. Then I think about my island and how that already overwhelms me so often and I know it‘d be way too much to handle. If I could make a second save file by buying the game a second time, maybe I would still consider it. Getting a second Switch for that is beyond all question for me, though.

i honestly want a new island just to find new villagers! the process of moving people out of your island in this game is kinda slow... i feel like my villagers asked to move way more in NL than in NH, which let me keep a more dynamic/changing villager list and helped keep the game fresher for longer. thats mostly why im craving a new island - also bc i want to try out different island themes without wrecking what ive already built!!

I sometimes catch myself thinking that a second island would be cool, simply for the sake of having „something else“ to work with. Then I think about my island and how that already overwhelms me so often and I know it‘d be way too much to handle. If I could make a second save file by buying the game a second time, maybe I would still consider it. Getting a second Switch for that is beyond all question for me, though.

Yeah, I 100% can't justifying buying more. The only reason I would is if my mom really does decide she wants to play. I'd even be okay with having to buy a second game per profile in all honesty

i honestly want a new island just to find new villagers! the process of moving people out of your island in this game is kinda slow... i feel like my villagers asked to move way more in NL than in NH, which let me keep a more dynamic/changing villager list and helped keep the game fresher for longer. thats mostly why im craving a new island - also bc i want to try out different island themes without wrecking what ive already built!!
This is a large part of why I kind of crave one XD

that's because it is. a villager is certain to think of moving after 10 days in new leaf.
i am SO ready to have more than 10 villagers, knowing we'll just be stuck with 1 island.

I've never craved more than one island. I have so much to do with mine, and I'm 300 hours in.

If anything, I would probably crave more rooms without having to make a second player lol

Yes, it would be nice to have the option. For me, it would be mainly for having more villagers, but I'd also like to try a different island layout without throwing away or restarting my current one.

Omgosh yes!

I sit here and am wondering what to do now that my island is in line with how I wanted it to look. My sheep entertain my day but darn it I wanna terraform and sunder the earth to make something. Without having to my the Crooklings a million bells to move everyone. Also my flowers. Moving those would be a big pain in the butt.

So a second island would be amazing. Maybe I'd feel better being able to terraform the mystery islands.

I actually don't mind having only one town in New Horizons. The one I have still needs some work done and with the devs rolling out updates for a while it'll give me plenty of opportunities to decorate my town with whatever they give us.

Now as for New Leaf, I have been interested in making a second town with nothing but sheep (or maybe 9 sheep and a wolf). I can't do it cause I only have one copy of the game but I think that would be really nice, it would give me a chance to start the game over again without deleting my precious Boston :,,,)

Yes! All the time. I have ideas but I don't want to redo my whole island or commit. Starting to think maybe I'll just make a big plaza/theme park to play around with ideas or change with the season. Maybe switch out villagers from time to time too, though I wish you could easily invite them back and have them remember you.

I have a second switch waiting for me thousands of miles away (thanks covid) and I've been planning that island in my head for months. I think I like it more than my current island. 😅

Ever since I finished my island, I've been wanting another file to make something completely different. Something with more trees with more of a natural setting. I wouldn't wanna start it anytime soon, though, since I'm pretty wiped out from the one I just completed.

At a time I wanted a second island, but then my boyfriend stopped playing his game so his kind of became my second island. After that I kind of realized I probably wouldn't want to maintain and decorate two islands.
I had to towns in new leaf and the second one I time traveled in and the original one I didn't. I still never played in the second one as much as the first. I never really bonded with my villagers in that town either they were kind of just there. This kind of made me realize that I don't really want or need a second island.

Nope, and I don't think I ever will, especially how save data works in this game. It's already a big responsibility looking after one island (plus my New Leaf town) and I don't want to add more pressure looking after more towns and islands. Moreover, I'm pretty content with what I have now and my creativity can only last on one island.

No I'm already so busy with this one. Completing everything and all :p However we had 3 times New Leaf here and the 3rd version was so helpful with finding villagers and time traveling for items :D But that's the only reason to have an extra town I think.

Back